LT1 Fellows, need your help

Nate1647545505

Hello V8 drivers. Just need your help in analyzing a setup to see if a local friend is B.Sing..

Car is 94 firebird, LT1 motor (might be an Lq4?)

Anywho, he's always on my case about getting a race on so he tells me this..

"i was running 12.6"s at 103 with just exhaust, intake, shitty pace headers"

I've never seen him run and he can't get me a slip, so i was kinda wondering, on slicks, is this doable for this car?

Then he says he has these mods coming..

"lt4 hotcam kit, trickflow heads, lt4 intake manifold ported and polished, bbk throttle body, elbrock heads, pulleys, lt1 edit computer"

At this point im like... :eek: , seems like an 11 second car??

So what say you v8 drivers? graemlins/popcorn.gif

It's possible, he'd need at least gears and a convertor on top of what you listed but guys have gone low 12's with completely stock internals. I'd have to see a slip before I'd believe the trap speed with that ET though. I'd also like to know how he's going to run trick flow and edelbrock heads at the same time. :confused:

Us V-8 drivers say that you are a pussy!!!!!

Either run him or don't. Don't be a fucktard and ask if you have any chance of beating him in your slow ass car. Yes, I said slow, obviously you already know it's slow becasue you are worried about running your buddies car and loosing to him or you would not have ask this question to begin with.

As far as you saying that he's not a great driver becasue his 60 foot is 1.882, I am curious to know what bit on knowledge that you have makes you the expert on this guys driving or drag racing in general just because his 60 foot but you have no clue what your car will do against his. You profess to know what you are talking about with drag racing just by the guys 60 but you have to ask us if your shitbox can beat his car.

Do us all a favor, learn about shit before trying to talk about it. And don't bore us with smiple shit questions like will this car with these parts outrun my car with these other parts.

It's fucking lame, boring and unfucking needed.

Something doesn't add up. I supposed 12.6's is possible with a 103 trap speed, but with such little mods on an LT1 with a stock rear end (I'm assuming), I highly doubt it. Here is why: My LS1 went 12.5's @ 111.60 with a 1.89 short time with just a lid and drag radials. I don't see an LT1 running nearly that quick, yet trapping 8 MPH slower. Maybe 13.6 is more like it. graemlins/wtf.gif

I don't see it being anywhere near the 11's with those new mods either, unless he's got a huge stall, heads, and some other mods he's not mentioned. I know a guy with a heads/cam LT1 that ran 12.2's. With a 12 bolt rear and 4.10's, I believe. And Nitrousbird's Formula has run 11's; heads/cam with a big shot of the giggle. So a few things aren't adding up here... smile.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

Something doesn't add up. I supposed 12.6's is possible with a 103 trap speed, but with such little mods on an LT1 with a stock rear end (I'm assuming), I highly doubt it. Here is why: My LS1 went 12.5's @ 111.60 with a 1.89 short time with just a lid and drag radials. I don't see an LT1 running nearly that quick, yet trapping 8 MPH slower. Maybe 13.6 is more like it. graemlins/wtf.gif

I don't see it being anywhere near the 11's with those new mods either, unless he's got a huge stall, heads, and some other mods he's not mentioned. I know a guy with a heads/cam LT1 that ran 12.2's. With a 12 bolt rear and 4.10's, I believe. And Nitrousbird's Formula has run 11's; heads/cam with a big shot of the giggle. So a few things aren't adding up here... smile.gif

Joe did run mid 11.46 I believe, but it was hot and he blew his head gasket right afterwards. He probably could have gotten a better time out of it with that setup if everything on his car was right.

I do agree something isn't adding up...103 mph trap speed on an F-Body is mid to high 13's... I trapped 108 and only got mid 13's (that was with intake, catback, gears, and 1.6 RR's.)What all is done to your GP? a mid 13's F-Body is quite a race for a stock GP or slightly moded GP... none the less... good luck. I do agree with Desperado though... don't ask us if you can beat him... go out, try, the let us know the outcome... it's kinda the pussy way out to only race people that you know you can beat tongue.gif

oh ya... one other thing... a stock rear end can't hold up to slicks very long at all... he might have DR's... but even those can break rears.

Originally posted by Desperado:

Us V-8 drivers say that you are a pussy!!!!!

Either run him or don't. Don't be a fucktard and ask if you have any chance of beating him in your slow ass car. Yes, I said slow, obviously you already know it's slow becasue you are worried about running your buddies car and loosing to him or you would not have ask this question to begin with.

As far as you saying that he's not a great driver becasue his 60 foot is 1.882, I am curious to know what bit on knowledge that you have makes you the expert on this guys driving or drag racing in general just because his 60 foot but you have no clue what your car will do against his. You profess to know what you are talking about with drag racing just by the guys 60 but you have to ask us if your shitbox can beat his car.

Do us all a favor, learn about shit before trying to talk about it. And don't bore us with smiple shit questions like will this car with these parts outrun my car with these other parts.

It's fucking lame, boring and unfucking needed.

Jesus someone forget their anti depressants this morning? Cripes all the kid did was ask if it was possible....jeesh.

Originally posted by GRN96WS6:

Jesus someone forget their anti depressants this morning? Cripes all the kid did was ask if it was possible....jeesh.

amen to that...

The reason why i asked is because

A.) he hasnt produced a slip for me

B.) I DONT know what the LT1 is capable of...so i asked?

Plus going 12.6 @ 103? That's like someone posted up above, thats alot of low end power, but trapping at 103??

As far as sixty, I've seen lots of v8 RWD cars cut wayyy better times, he claims he was on slicks..with slicks i figured he could maybe be in the 1.6, 1.7 range?? If i can manage 1.9s on an open dif FWD car, on bald ass RSAs, i figured a RWD with slicks and posi could grab more of a bite...

Did you guys forget who i was?? This is Nate you homos!!! :D . Maybe I should stop changing my name...

Originally posted by I hate W bodys.:

Probably enough to nip at your fenders off the funny gas you big fruitcake smile.gif

haha... damn you are a homo!

although you are probably right... you could probably nip at my fenders right now SINCE MY CAR ISN"T RUNNING! wait til I get motivation to get it back together and tuned... we'll have to find out tongue.gif;)

Originally posted by V6 Power:

haha... damn you are a homo!

although you are probably right... you could probably nip at my fenders right now SINCE MY CAR ISN"T RUNNING! wait til I get motivation to get it back together and tuned... we'll have to find out tongue.gif;)

No worries my love, my car is on jackstads as well.. :D

Originally posted by I hate W bodys.:

Does anyone want to quote me where i....

"profess to know what you are talking about with drag racing just by the guys 60 but you have to ask us if your shitbox can beat his car"

?

You commented that the guy couldn't drive becasue of his 60 foot times. Do you have any idea what a 60 foot time even indicates, besides the time it takes for the first 60 foot of a run. Do you have any idea about what it says about how the car launches? Do you know how to analyze the whole run of just because someone says that if his car doesn't go X in the sixty then he can't drive or his car is slow. That is what I meant by you professing to know about drag racing.

And what really gets me is you are asking if your car will beat his and your shit is on jackstands. WTF? SHut the hell up. Get your ass in the garage and get your slow ass car together and lets see what you got.

As far as what will a LT-1 do, it really depends on what you do to it, and how long you want it to last. 1000 is very possible, as a drag motor that will run less than a season. 500 HP with a blower all day long, and 350 to 400 through a moded EFI system with reworked heads.

Again, Desp, Where did I ask if his car will beat mine??!?!

No where in my posts did I say one thing about my car. If I did, please prove me wrong.

I know 60ft is extremely important when going from point A to point B. I'm not saying im some master racer like yourself, but it's not hard to use some common sense and figure it would take a better sixty foot to trap so low and net a 12.6...

PLEASE for the love of all bejesus understand that I'm NOT asking if my car will beat his, I know what my car will do (on and off jackstands). I WAS however trying to ask, what realistic times would an LT1 with those mods pull with a best sixty of 1.882?

BTW Thanks Wease for the info.

Originally posted by Desperado:

You commented that the guy couldn't drive becasue of his 60 foot times. Do you have any idea what a 60 foot time even indicates, besides the time it takes for the first 60 foot of a run. Do you have any idea about what it says about how the car launches? Do you know how to analyze the whole run of just because someone says that if his car doesn't go X in the sixty then he can't drive or his car is slow. That is what I meant by you professing to know about drag racing.

OK, after re-reading that....Yes, thats why this question was posted... I DONT know how he went 12.6 and trapped at 103....

Did I say his car is slow? No.

Did I say he's a terrible driver....Yes, because he is!! The kid drives like he has to prove something...and when he "does" he only can launch and snag a 1.88 on slicks....This car is a 6 speed appearently, and now he claims hes running a Z06 clutch? These are things I don't know, and want to know so i can catch him if he starts BSing.

Ugh, for the love.

I'm really not sure how this turned into such a shitfest..

Guy asked a simple question about what times that car could pull with said mods and 60'

Didn't ask if he could beat him, nor how shitty or slow his car was.

locked to prevent further flamage for no reason.