Best Twisty Routes in Ohio

Guest Crucial Conflict

Guest Crucial Conflict

Everyone post up the Routes you've stumbled on or roll daily. If anyone decides to roll out to the "Triple Nickel" pass on it cause it sucks, roads were shitty. The last leg of that route "56" was ill though. They have the triple nickel posted on AMA page of best Ohio roads to ride.

We need to get a big ride together one weekend, roll out of C-bus around 10 and push south til we hit the OH river..

If your going as far as the river... go into kentucky.. I was down about 3 weeks ago and road Route 10 and 22. AMAZING. People travel to ride those 2 roads down there. Amazing non stop turning action and not a SINGLE portion of either road and ANY gravel what so ever. They take care of the roads down there. Its only a 2hr trip there. Well worth the time.

Ive ridden route 26 before, its like a mini deals gap. It was bad ass when I road it a couple summers back, Im not sure what its like these days though. I forget how many miles of turns it was hmm

I was down in Kentucky last weekend (around flatwoods - there are some really nice clean roads down there. As I was driving, I was drooling over the thought.

Wife will be out of town this coming week - Dragknee66 - are you up for a ride to Kentucky?

Warning - I won't be strafing the curves at crazy speeds since I'm still getting used to the ZX-9 and riding again,

Guest TGrant
State rt. 250 from about Cadiz to down to around Wheeling W.V. I havent been down there yet this year but usually the roads are pretty clean.

Well Im going to cedar point and will be gone all this weekend, and next weekend is my last free weekend before the academy starts.. so Im not sure what Im going to be feeling up to doing yet smile.gif I know a sexy chick that could be our tour guide down there tho :D She has an R6

my god I love this thread, why dont the car guys post more threads like this?

Here is a day and a tank well spent;

East of Mt Vernon, take 36 to 715, follow it across/down the mohican dam, where it picks up 36 again. Follow 36 to rt 60 north to killbuck. you can run 520 east from there and head home, or, take 62 east to 150 south, picking up 83 south at its terminus. That takes you down to coshocton and 36 again. I like get a bite and hop east from there on 36. Its interstate'ish till you cross 77. In Gnedenhutten, take 10 south to Peioli (birth place of Cy Young). Take 7 south to Birmingham and pick up st rt 71 south to 20. This puts you right on top of Salt Fork Stat Park. Good for chillin, or enjoying its many twist roads. Get a good dinner and head home via I-77/70.

The roads you'll enjoy most;

60 (fresh repave, pure sex)

10 (home of the "winding stairs" downhill turn complex)

The others are fun too, but just serve to link these up. YOu can find a twistier way to get from Coshocton to Gnadenhutten, but you'll probably enjoy the break, try 541 if you like. Its technical to Kimbolton and is good fun, but you dont want to miss Winding Stairs in Gnadenhutten, and downhill is the way to go. ;)

These areas arent quite as tight as southern ohio. They offer better veiws through turns and more speed. You can deffinately excersize your balls out there. Think "Isle of Mann". ;)

Guest TGrant
I hit those Gnadenhutten roads almost everyday on the weekends. If anyone needs a guide through those and all the other roads in that area, Im up for it.

Originally posted by NurkVinny:

Rt 79 North of Newark.

take that to Hickman, then grab hickman rd. and take that into hanover. hickman rd= amazing, but gotta watch for some gravel. and almost all the turns are blind.

Guest TGrant
Originally posted by The Stig:

Hell I grew up in lima. Erver try Dogleg rd? Twisties out there are hard to come by, but can be found. Old Lincoln highway was built for speed, got us to Van Wert in fine time. ;)

Where's Dogleg rd.

I just go to shcool in Lima.

Originally posted by TGrant:

[qb]Where's Dogleg rd.

I just go to shcool in Lima

West of Elida. Take 81/Allentown rd out past the resevior, it ends at Conant rd and jogs left, then right again. About a mile and a half past Conant, turn right on Dogleg. Just follow it north, it jogs left, then right, at Zion church rd, then right to left at Piquad. It dead ends at Defiance Trail rd, just turn left and that will take you back to 81. If youwant, you can take 309 east to defiance trakl rd and get access to Dogleg, depends on where you're coming from. Do a yahoo map search for "Dogleg Rd. Elida, oh", it'll take youright to it. It's been 7 years since I've been on it, I'm interested in what its like these days. Try finding Faulkner and Bowdle rd in Westminster, east of lima.

Originally posted by Avenger:

Rt 665 between Bremen and Logan is nice. Horns Mill road from Sugar Grove is great too, probably not a 2-wheeler road though, it has some gravel on it after a rain.

Thats 664 graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Avenger:

Rt 665 between Bremen and Logan is nice. Horns Mill road from Sugar Grove is great too, probably not a 2-wheeler road though, it has some gravel on it after a rain.

I travel this road my self, from 256 (in pickerington) I just follow it east untill 664 then I make a right and head south to 33. Those are some ill roads.