What do you do with your gear

coolblue

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to bring this thread back from the dead but does anyone have a link for a nice helmet lock? i ride mostly everywhere and its becoming a pita carrying the helmet around all the time.

or do you suggest i keep carrying the helmet??

helmet locks are basically worthless. if someone wants the helmet, they will just cut the strap.

carry your helmet with you. chicks dig it.

never leave the helmet.

Take it all with me. If I have a tail bag secured to the bike, I never leave anything expensive in it and don't lock the bag. That just invites the knife opening of my bag. Trust no one with your stuff and don't leave the bike where others can screw with it.

I have a RT recon 19 tank bag that I use a sling strap with and carry with me when I am away from the bike. Helmet goes under the seat and I always wear my coat no matter how hot it may be.

I'd rather sweat than bleed!:grin:

I have never had anyone steal any of my gear.

When I had a relatively cheap Icon helmet. I left it on the bike. When I got my Shoei, I started taking it with me. I don't think anyone would steal it but it cost $400. Loosing it would hurt.

That's just my take, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Usually shove our gloves in the trunk, attach the helmets under the seat, then carry the jackets in, wear the pants/boots. Unless were someplace I feel safe, then I'll drape the coat over the mirrors/windscreen. But that's not too often.

dweezel feels safe on whitewoman street...

CoshoctonTrip011.jpg

CoshoctonTrip012.jpg

Edited by magley64