I got my car today!!

cNeutron

Formally Dark horse, after destroying my GT 3 weeks ago i finally got my new car. Its a Mineral Gray 2001 Cobra SVT, the car only has 13K on it. The woman never drove it and just didnt have the time so she got rid of it. They just got the factory "silent" recall done 1,500 miles ago. Brand new tranny and everything about the car just looks brand new. I will be seeing you guys out at the meets with it. Any ideas of what i should do to it feel free to tell me.

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Ricochet:

Is an SVT different than a regular 01 Cobra?

<-ford dumb

No, SVT is just the Ford factory tune shop that designs and builds the Cobras, Lightnings, formerly Contours and Foci. The main differences for the Cobras are the DOHC engine and the independent rear suspension.

Originally posted by stealthmonkey:

cabot your a moron if you bought a brand new Svt and didnt buy the cobra with the 03 ford motor. Congradulations you just wasted your MONEY!

Geoff do you personally have to try be a fuck face every where you go and everything you say or does it just come natural. I dont know what the hell your problem has been with me but you need to get over it. If it was about your magic game that you seem to care so much about just grow up it was a joke.

Sorry to disapoint you that i didnt get the 03 but im not 30 years old making 50K a year (not that their is anythign wrong with that). I like my car and i dont feel like i wasted my money.

Originally posted by 1Lthalsvt:

Good purchase man.I used to own an 01 cobra but had to let it go for financial reasons. I still have some aftermarket parts leftover for it if you're interested.

-bbk offroad x-pipe

-K&N filtercharger kit

Let me know and i'll give ya a good deal on em

yea man i am just PM me the prices, thanks

cabot your a moron if you bought a brand new Svt and didnt buy the cobra with the 03 ford motor. Congradulations you just wasted your MONEY!

does yours run?

then shut up.

if youd taken the time to read, youd have seen that the car he bought is not "brand new". its an 01. i freaking dare you to tell eli or joe that the previous iteration of the cobra motor cant make any power. especially considering what you drive.

Do you not think an 03-04 Cobra cost alot more to begin with and to insure than an 01?

Per Edmunds.

Price of an 01 Cobra, ~$17k.

Price of an 03 Cobra, ~$25K.

Assuming base hardtops on both.

Let’s assume he gets a loan for 4 years at 5% and his insurance is ONLY $100 more per month. The cost of the insurance plus the extra for the loan would be $282 per month. That adds up to a grand total of $13,536 over the next four years. Or he would have to make $3384 per year or $1.63 per hour more to be able to have the same quality of living as he does owning the 01 if he would have bought the 03. I'm sure if you would be willing to give him that for the next four years, he would have been more than happy to buy the 03 instead of the 01.

Having said that, it's his money and he can do what he pleases with it.

Cool car, congrats.