Nopi is comming to Ohio this season

girlygirl18t

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everything that deals with imports is like the F&F.

NOPI Events are very very cool and bring in some very fast imports and sport compacts, plus it is great publicity for us here in Ohio.

Like this from Houston last year!

Stephan Papadakis set a new Pro Compact ET and MPH records in his AEM Honda, 6.693 at 208.13.

Originally posted by Relegate:

graemlins/gay.gif

You guys obviously havent seen anything about this. There isnt a car on this board, 8cyl or otherwise that could compete with the pro street tire class let alone any of the rwd or outlaw classes.

John shepherd leads the points standings with his low 8 second passes. Brent Rau is in the mix for the pro class with his low 7s soon to be high 6s... on 4 lil cylinders. There are a number of cars in the 6s in other classes.

If your hate for imports leaves you blind to true enthusiast racing and competiton then you arent a true lover of this sport.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

You guys obviously havent seen anything about this. There isnt a car on this board, 8cyl or otherwise that could compete with the pro street tire class let alone any of the rwd or outlaw classes.

John shepherd leads the points standings with his low 8 second passes. Brent Rau is in the mix for the pro class with his low 7s soon to be high 6s... on 4 lil cylinders. There are a number of cars in the 6s in other classes.

If your hate for imports leaves you blind to true enthusiast racing and competiton then you arent a true lover of this sport.

Thank you! You said it MUCH better then I did.

I'm excited and can't wait to go!!

you are so write, there are some very fast cars. that is what got me back into cars, even though im back on the 8 cyl side, i like to see fast ass imports

Originally posted by pbsracerx:

Not everything that deals with imports is like the F&F.

Considering NOPI used to have something called the fast and furious championship (or something like that, it was F&F related) I would say it is just a big gay ricerfest.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Bad Ass Black Buick:

Considering NOPI used to have something called the fast and furious championship (or something like that, it was F&F related) I would say it is just a big gay ricerfest.

And if that sponsorship is the only thing you know about the entire series, I suggest you go buy a 4-cylinder beige Camry with the rest of the non-enthusiasts on the road. graemlins/nonono.gif The only car on CR that can hang with any car in that series is Akula's Spitzer Altered. While there will be ricers in the spectator parking lots, they sure as shit won't be in the pits.

What's the phrase I'm looking for..........

"Even a blind squirrel finds and acorn every once in a while."

I have total respect for the people that do respectful things with imports (and sport compact domestics). Hell, I know most everyone on the Saturn Ion drag race team. But unfortunately, the majority of your group is a bunch of fucking retards with no money, a few cans of spray paint, AutoZone accessories, and trying to claim how fast they are.

Majority rules over events like NOPI and the rest of the "sport compact/import" enthusiasts.

Guest jpurdy2003

What's the phrase I'm looking for..........

"Even a blind squirrel finds and acorn every once in a while."

I have total respect for the people that do respectful things with imports (and sport compact domestics). Hell, I know most everyone on the Saturn Ion drag race team. But unfortunately, the majority of your group is a bunch of fucking retards with no money, a few cans of spray paint, AutoZone accessories, and trying to claim how fast they are.

Majority rules over events like NOPI and the rest of the "sport compact/import" enthusiasts.

graemlins/nonono.gif

Ken said it best. This is the best of what the "sport compact" scene has to offer.

Yes there are some downfalls. Mainly being the F&F crowd. the car show will undoubtably suck. and there will be enough vinyl to stretch from here to new york and back. but who care's. Your going to watch a 7 second 4 cylinder car make a pass... that's cool.

However you can't simply categorize or label a whole group of enthusiast's simply b/c of the "bad apples" of the bunch. i would hardly categorize DSM's or the majority of the DSM community this way.

So if your going to go. Go and watch the race's and just ignore the car show. who cares.

Guest jpurdy2003

Tell me how I'm wrong. Does not 90% of the people in your enthusiasts group fall into that category?

That is a massive stretch. I'd say it's somewhere between 35%-45%. Then again, I'm a DSM'er, and we have few ricers amongst us.

that's a personal opinion. i also like the street legal drags, but i prefer the actual ones that include a 30 mile drive before the racing takes place. the NOPI race will be very cool to see. and since some people like to stereotype about import/sport compacts, then i would like you to immediately cut off your stupid mullet, go divorce your cousin, and please please get rid of that rediculous double-wide.

Originally posted by SVRIDER:

and since some people like to stereotype about import/sport compacts, then i would like you to immediately cut off your stupid mullet, go divorce your cousin, and please please get rid of that rediculous double-wide.

The truth is not being stereotypical. Go to any car meet. 90% of the imports/sport compacts there fit my description.

Now, on the other hand, your comments are an ignorant stereotype. I'll go back to my short-haired, single while male unmarried, brand new home. I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about owning a Camaro, but I do have a truck...

Typical mentality from people like you. graemlins/lol.gif

Originally posted by Default:

going to street legal drags at trails the same weekend > watching anything however fast run at norwalk.

would probably be a good time to go to trails to get some runs in. all the ricers will be drooling over the real imports at NOPI, so you could probably get a bunch of runs in...just a thougt...

Just stating that without F&F I have a hard time seeing NOPI even being around, and they rely on that and even named a championship or whatever after it. Yes I know there are some fast cars, but honestly none of them interest me, the only class that does interest me is the fastest class they offer which is predominetly RWD. Yeah Lisa Kubo got a FWD into the 7's that's impressive for a FWD 4 cylinder and I give her and her team respect for it, I just don't get excited and interested in it.