New guy here

blazinjr

Hey guys. My name is Tom and I am 29, married with a daughter and son. I love to go to National Trails and have been attending a few Wednesday's and Fridays since 1996. Now about my current project car. I figure I am going to get joked with about my car so here it goes.

1998 Plymouth Neon DOHC 5 speed Jade Green Coupe . My car has 88k miles on the odometer.

BM shifter w/ SRT4 shift knob w/Booger bushings

Prothane MM inserts

Strut tower braces front& rear

ported intake w/56mm TB

3 inch CAI

Kirk long tube header

2.5 Dynomax piping

2.5 Dynomax bullet muffler

Aspec SS muffler (switching to a quieter muffler and installing a small stainless steele bullet converter)

Mopar PCM

MPX Underdrive crank pulley

NGK plugs Accel wires

Mopar X-high rate springs lowered approx 1.5 inches

15 inch White ADR GTsports with Kumho 711's

195/50/15(Still not enough grip) 2.2 to 2.3 60 ft times

I have a NX Mainline kit that I am going to install in the spring but I am trying to decide which wideband O2 setup to get to monitor to engines A/F ratio. Going to use a MSD window switch along with a TPS WOT swith for engageing the N2O.

My best time to date with my car is a 14.97 @ 92 2.1 60ft at NTR late last fall with a better set of tires and a calmer launch around 2800RPM.

I have had older Mustangs, a Firebird, Ranger with 302 swap, and a few other toys. Currently getting rid of my old truck and atv to either buy a street bike or buy a built crate motor.

Guest 1sweet3.4
bahahahahhahaha. HIs neon is faster than my camaro!! haha, wait a minute. Well crap. This sucks!! Sounds like that neon is pretty decent. IF it doesn't have APC across the window or a bunch of stickers and a ricer wing, I give you a thumbs up! But if it does I must hang my head and mumble under my voice.WElcome!

At one time it did have a white tribal flame decal kit down the sides but it has been removed. No ricer wing here either.

I was tired of paying high insurance rate for sports cars that I was afraid to drive in the winter because of snow. So I bought a 150 hp FWD to drive and play with. Different racing a FWD to a RWD. To me it is more of a challenge in my FWD.

Originally posted by blazinjr:

At one time it did have a white tribal flame decal kit down the sides but it has been removed. No ricer wing here either.

I was tired of paying high insurance rate for sports cars that I was afraid to drive in the winter because of snow. So I bought a 150 hp FWD to drive and play with. Different racing a FWD to a RWD. To me it is more of a challenge in my FWD.

once a ricer always a ricer......just kidding......welcome to the board

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Bullshit, a neon with i/h/e can't get 14's. My car got 14.9's (on steelies) and can destroy shitbuckets like yours all day long.

It has made a 14.9 second pass and a few 15.0 passes.

Maybe I've seen you up at the track before, what kind of car do you have?

I go up to NTR on some Wednesdays and Fridays, maybe you'll see my shitbucket, but by then it will be a little quicker with the NX kit. :D

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

Welcome Tom. Have a good time and ignore Nitrousbird, he doesn't like anything not RWD smile.gif

:rolleyes: There are plenty of AWD cars I like too. I just don't like wrong wheel drive.....it's designed for economy, not speed. Just like the Yugo. smile.gif

I've got a type r swap from riceland, with an intake and exhaust.. I'm guesstimating a 40-50hp advantage over you. But if you're sure about that time, come out this weekend and bring some money.

How much hp does the riceland engine have? In order to have a 40-50hp advantage you would have to have around 215 hp+. With that kind of hp you shoud be turning low 14 second times with a lower weight civic like the one you have pictured. If you are pushing that kind of HP you should be playing with WRX's and SRT4's instead of 1st gen Neon shitbuckets. smile.gif I do like your car, nice clean looks. I miss having a hatchback.

My stock DOHC 2.0 starts out at 150hp.

A guy at work bought a 03 Civic Si early last spring and we ran each other a few times. At the time I did not have the bigger TB, ported manifold and was running Wally world 14 inch tires on my stock steelies. I still had him by around 3 car lengths in the 1/4.

I have nothing to gain by lying to you or anyone else on here and I would not lie to make myself look good. I could meet anyone on here at the track and make a couple passes to prove it. I have seen 1st gen Neons running quicker than me with less boltons and weight redux.

I went 13.2's in my 83 Mustang GT, 14.4's in my old Ranger 302, and 14.0's in my 95 Firebird T/A, and 15.1's in my 92 Z34 5-speed. So I can drive and cut a desent light.

As far as meeting you on the street I will not race on the street anymore. I made a promise to my wife last summer after a friend almost lost his life due to racing on the street. I do not want to leave my kids without a father in their life. So I will just see you at the track and bring some cash then.

2005 Dragfest looks like it will be June 25th at NTR. It is not on the NTR schedule yet but I read it on the Dragfest forum that is was scheduled.

The engine has 185, so add a handleful from the other mods. I didn't know neons had 150hp.. I handed jelloman his ass in his neon.

Not all neons have 150hp.

The 1st gen SOHC 132hp

DOHC 150hp

The 2000+ neons are heavier and come standard SOHC 132hp. The R/T Magnum powered 2000+ Neons have 150hp SOHC, then you have the 2.4 Turbo SRT4.

If you have a auto DOHC Neon they are the slowest (stock) due to not having much low end hp/torque.

Bone stock my car ran a 15.9 and I went through the traps still in 3rd gear @ 6800 RPM.