How's Your Insurance Rates?

Guest Scooter

Guest Scooter

Boy oh boy, I love my car insurance. I'm 22, male, not in school, not good driving record, and two full coverage vehicles, a 1996 Chevy Full Size Blazer and a 1993 Mazda MX-3.

$120 a month! :D

Guest Scooter
Figures. They told me my driving record sucks too bad.

What unit you with? 758th here..

1-174th ADA, out of Cinci. Currently working on orders at Rickenbacker Air Force Base doing MP crap.

Keep trying, if you can manage to get on with them, they are dirt cheap and they are awesome when it comes to claims and things like that. I also got a check for like $150 last year from them. They said they made too much money, so they sent it back to their customers! :)

Guest GSRchick714
My insurance sucks. I have a court suspension on there that will fall off next year but I pay way too much. I'm with Nationwide paying $1100 every 6 months for ONE car full coverage. :rolleyes: I called around and nobody could get me a better quote - they say that the suspension is worse than a speeding ticket - go figure. :confused:

Guest Scooter

A few weeks ago, I was on my way to Cinci. I guess there was a horrible accident on 71 S in front of me about a mile up. Needless to say, the highway was shut down for like an hour. About 2 cars up from me was a guy driving a red SVX. While the whole highway was waiting, we all got out of our cars and had a party on the highway. Was good fun.

Anyways, I got to see the SVX up close. The older gentleman driving it said he loved it. I like the styling of it, myself, it looks like a pretty nifty car. He said that other than general maintenance, he has never had any problems out of it.

Guest GSRchick714
You have full coverage. Not so much that the insurance companies dont like your car, its that thives do.

True...I guess :(

And Richochet - Yea, I understand now, I always have liked that car btw.

Guest racinbird
A past suspension isnt hurting my insurance any. got 2 tickets and a suspension in the last 3 years.

That means the ins co. most likely dosent know about your history

Mine dosent, I havent had good luck this last year but still $1000yr full cov for Z28 and Silverado

Hmm, well its around $400/month for the wife and I, and two cars. 04 Matrix and 01 GTP. I've got 2 tickets, but not in 2 years so they are soon to fall off. She has one accident, and one ticket, both over 2 years old. Then the bitch goes out and gets TWO speeding tickets in 2 weeks, not just one fucking ticket, but two!!!! goddamintmuthafuckerhorseshitpaininmyass!!!! So yeah, her one ticket from a few years back will fall off in january but these two will hit.

I'm 19, she's 21. Highest coverage you can buy for liability of a family company. $1mil, 500k health, etc etc, $500 deductible.

Insurance sucks ass

Guest racinbird
WTF...that doesn't make sense. I guess they don't like my car. :(

Thats because you have a popular car for theives. I had a 99 civic DX? pure base model with AC only, I paid DOUBLE to cover that thing then I did on my brand new $30k silverado back in 00'

Guest racinbird
Hmm, well its around $400/month for the wife and I, and two cars. 04 Matrix and 01 GTP. I've got 2 tickets, but not in 2 years so they are soon to fall off. She has one accident, and one ticket, both over 2 years old. Then the bitch goes out and gets TWO speeding tickets in 2 weeks, not just one fucking ticket, but two!!!! goddamintmuthafuckerhorseshitpaininmyass!!!! So yeah, her one ticket from a few years back will fall off in january but these two will hit.

I'm 19, she's 21. Highest coverage you can buy for liability of a family company. $1mil, 500k health, etc etc, $500 deductible.

Insurance sucks ass

That is what sucks, points fall off your lic after two years but stays on Ins for three.

I work with USAA a lot. Just remember anytime you call USAA to file a claim or anything, try to be polite, and have your smart helmet on that day, for the love of god.

BTW...my Insurance >*

$10 million liability

Maybe it's because I'm not 21 yet....:confused:

My 99 GSR with full coverage and $1000 deductables was $1350 (with a good student discount 30%off) between the ages of 18-21. A quote through Progressive was around $2100 every six.

When I turned 21 it dropped to $750 every six months

Now I am 23 and have a 96 Accord and pay $600 every six w/ $1000 deductables(with good student)

well, I was paying 611 a month with Nationwide all because I got 3 tickets within a month... then nothing since and that was like 4 years ago....

I just switched to All State, now I'm paying 164 a month to fully insure 3 cars... and I made the mistake of telling them the camaro has seen the track so they charge higher rates for that car... if not, it was gonna be like 119 or something... hopefully this next renewal since I had a b-day it'll drop more. Guess we'll see next month.

USAA here as well (I'm an AF veteran). I've actually had other insurance companies tell me that almost no one can beat their rates. I pay less than $130 a month for 4 cars (2000 Navigator, 1997 Mountaineer, 1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Colt)... :)