Today I Drove C6 Corvette

Kohones

Until today I hadn't driven a new C6 Vette. Working at a Chevy dealer, I had the opportunity this afternoon & took it. As much as I luv my 2002 Z06 - I'm very impressed with the 2005 =

* It has almost no road or tire noise

* 6 speed shifted like butter, very smooth & precise

*Steering & overall handling are excellent

* Power very similar to mine

Nice car - the BOWTIES continue winning!

Ricochet - this C6 we have stickers for $53k & is equipped with just about everything the discriminating buyer would want. Mine is a 2002 & they were the same thru 2004, actually they made a 2001 Z06 but it was rated at 375 hp (no big difference really). The C5's were actually manufactured from 1997 - 2004. Cost EXPENSIVE! Used C5's depending on mileage are going anywhere from 28,000 - 40,000. With winter coming, thats the time to buy one because dealers want them off their lots -

Used C5's depending on mileage are going anywhere from 28,000 - 40,000. With winter coming, thats the time to buy one because dealers want them off their lots -

Im sorry but you can get C5's all day long for WAY under 28,000. I can buy a 2001 Z06 for that. A regular C5 can be had for $21,000 and less.

Under $28k, yep you probably can but other considerations are =

* mileage, color, etc

my original answer on previous post was on very clean vettes. You have to find 'em & know what you're looking for. I'm not sorry either as I know what I'm talking about, I own one -

Ricochet - this C6 we have stickers for $53k & is equipped with just about everything the discriminating buyer would want. Mine is a 2002 & they were the same thru 2004, actually they made a 2001 Z06 but it was rated at 375 hp (no big difference really). The C5's were actually manufactured from 1997 - 2004. Cost EXPENSIVE! Used C5's depending on mileage are going anywhere from 28,000 - 40,000. With winter coming, thats the time to buy one because dealers want them off their lots -

2001 Z06's were 385 hp.

Under $28k, yep you probably can but other considerations are =

* mileage, color, etc

my original answer on previous post was on very clean vettes. You have to find 'em & know what you're looking for. I'm not sorry either as I know what I'm talking about, I own one -

Looks mint to me

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=189063023&dealer_id=56891285&car_year=1999&search_type=both&make=CHEV&distance=100&model=CORV&address=43017&advanced=&certified=&max_price=28000&bkms=1129266876039&min_price=15000&first_record=26&end_year=2004&start_year=1997&isp=y&pager.offset=25&lang=en&cardist=16

FordStang corrected me with = 2001 Z06's were 385 hp.

Ooops my mistake! Yeah Doug nice looking car, it's NOT a Z06 & has over 30,000 miles on it, just depends what a buyer wants & what their wallet will let them pay -

All I was saying in my original post was what one can look to pay for a C5 with low mileage in mint condition. My original thoughts were NOT going to the 97 - 99 versions, but newer. I forget that sometimes when you post on this board if you're going to make a statement someone is going to work HARD at proving the original post isn't true? either by =

* correcting ones grammar

* or merely finding some "fact" that shows the original author of the post is full of shit.

Of course NO ONE on CR looking at a C5 will EVER buy the car showed earlier on the "web", they'll just talk more crap regarding my original post & statement. I apologize for making a statement that was wrong & may have directed a less informed member on this board to thinking they coudn't have a C5 in a price range they had in mind! I'm bad -

Of course NO ONE on CR looking at a C5 will EVER buy the car showed earlier on the "web", they'll just talk more crap regarding my original post & statement.

Actually I was planning on calling that guy and going to look at the car for my wife to drive. There were 3-5 in that price rage with under 30K miles I found in ohio. I was originally looking for a Z06 with low miles like Sam's (3000) for around 30,000 like his but I would like to stay under 22k so I don't have to finance it.

Ooops my mistake! Yeah Doug nice looking car, it's NOT a Z06 & has over 30,000 miles on it, just depends what a buyer wants & what their wallet will let them pay -

Never said it was a Z06... I posted it mostly because 22k seems like a great deal on a 6spd C5 with only 30K miles.

Doug = Never said it was a Z06... I posted it mostly because 22k seems like a great deal on a 6spd C5 with only 30K miles.

Agreed doesn't sound bad at all, especially if everything is tight when you drive it. Better hurry though, sounds like another CR member may look at it -

at the auto auctions (most of you dont know this but i have a car dealers liscence :)) c5s sell anywhere from $18k to $25k, depending on year and those are the nice ones with fairly low miles. and ive also seen Z06s (again, nice ones) go for under $25k. im not saying they these prices are constant, but i have seen them go that low.

There is a Vette someone is selling on another board I frequent I want bad. 99 C5 Coupe M6, P1SC putting down 465RWHP on 8psi w/ a safe, professional tune, 00 wheels, few other misc bolt-on's. Only bad side is it's in Texas, no dual climate, no HUD, base suspension....good side it's 23k OBO.

Man, if it was later into winter, I'd have to consider flying out there. Sure would make a nice daily driver. :)

All I was saying in my original post was what one can look to pay for a C5 with low mileage in mint condition. My original thoughts were NOT going to the 97 - 99 versions, but newer. I forget that sometimes when you post on this board if you're going to make a statement someone is going to work HARD at proving the original post isn't true? either by =

* correcting ones grammar

* or merely finding some "fact" that shows the original author of the post is full of shit.

Of course NO ONE on CR looking at a C5 will EVER buy the car showed earlier on the "web", they'll just talk more crap regarding my original post & statement. I apologize for making a statement that was wrong & may have directed a less informed member on this board to thinking they coudn't have a C5 in a price range they had in mind! I'm bad -

Isn't this the truth

Jason - I've even reviewed the "private" info on this car since we have a Chevy franchise &&&& one of our mgrs just got back from Chevys test course HE DROVE THIS BEAST. One of Corvettes C6R race guys was there & I quote " Corvette needs to consider just putting a # on the doors of every one of these, as they're truly race cars"!!! I want one but Barbs putting the kabash on it right NOW!!!!Haaaaaaaaaaaa

Tom