ohh how i miss columbus

bonacci01

hello all - greetings to you from the shithole of ny state - buffalo -

I am from the columbus area, but am currently finishing up a 2 year stent in auto body school up here. The school is ok and everything, but I hate this area. All the car people around here are complete jerk offs, I mean most of you are too, but columbus people at least have a sense of humor. So I basically gave up on the local gatherings and forums. I will frequent this board more.

more later

heres a little about my pos:

01 focus zx3

Shaved Hatch, shaved sidemoldings, Painted rockers, side turns, doorhandles, squirters, Nightshaded SVT Upper Grill, European Lower Grill, S2 Front Lip, 5% rear, 35% front tint, SVT Headlights, Vellour interior trim, Pioneer Headunit, 17" ADR GT Sports, Eibach sportline springs, pro shocks/dampners, intake, magnaflow cat-back

blah blah blah, i have a spare low miles zetec sittin in the garage awaiting a t3 56trim turbo treatment and install before the spring, however this will be my first venture with a turbo setup, so right now im just making sure to do all my homework.

http://x2.putfile.com/7/18220100499.jpg

http://x2.putfile.com/7/18220005459.jpg

http://x2.putfile.com/7/18220094736.jpg

thanks to bam614 for taking these pics a while back

Car looks pretty fly. Are those stock wheels painted black?

heres a little about my pos:

01 focus zx3

Shaved Hatch, shaved sidemoldings, Painted rockers, side turns, doorhandles, squirters, Nightshaded SVT Upper Grill, European Lower Grill, S2 Front Lip, 5% rear, 35% front tint, SVT Headlights, Vellour interior trim, Pioneer Headunit, 17" ADR GT Sports, Eibach sportline springs, pro shocks/dampners, intake, magnaflow cat-back

Reading pwns you....sup bro, those pics are my badass super fast GTP. :D

When you coming back down? Mmmmm.....turbo.

That car looks great, but for some reason the rear end having nothing to break it up is slightly off putting. Very clean work, though.

And for all of you making fun of the body work (or those that intend to), he's a body work guy. That's what he does, so shut the fuck up.

thanks for being in my defense. i know custom bodywork is considered a waste of time and money by some, but i would like to think that i did it tastefully and didnt just go buy a junk ass fiberglass body kit off ebay, paint it and slap it on. i plan on going with a euro theme later when my checkbook can take it.

and my plan is to have no less than 2-220whp by the time im back in town

watch your ass matt and cory! :)

are there ary respectable foci in c-town?

220 O.o how much does your car weigh? and whats the stock hp if your only gonna make 220 with a turbo??

i have the rear seats removed along with the spare , so im guessing around 2400 lbs

and the zetec only puts out 130 in stock trim, 135tq. what do you expect from a 2.0L and 18 inch intake runners? 220 fwhp in a car thats less than 2500 lbs is not a bad step.....that should be good for high 13s with decent tires and a good driver

after i get there, ill save up again for forged internals, a beefy fuel pump, and a lsd and i should be able to mild port my head and make around 300-340whp

any thoughts?

sounds cool should be a nice sleeper.

Shut up Ross...you know his focus would own your little nissan japanese junker! :funny: When's the car gonna be out again? Road trip to break it in like the clutch, lol/

I wouldn't spend another dime on it if I were you.. I'd get a rwd sports'ish car. I stopped throwing money at my Civic and got the two in my sig. The $1500 Nissan is faster than the Civic ever was and it's a much better platform to work with already being turbo and rwd. Just my opinion though, I'm not saying buy a 20 year old car, but something else will make you happier in the long run. If you like fwd then more power to ya.

+1. FWD is for economy, not speed. :)

I wouldn't spend another dime on it if I were you.. I'd get a rwd sports'ish car. I stopped throwing money at my Civic and got the two in my sig. The $1500 Nissan is faster than the Civic ever was and it's a much better platform to work with already being turbo and rwd. Just my opinion though, I'm not saying buy a 20 year old car, but something else will make you happier in the long run. If you like fwd then more power to ya.

i agree with ya, only if over 3-400hp though. A fwd car with lsd and drag radials will still get up and go very well, as well as have less powertrain losses that are accociated with rwd.

I fully understand the limitaions of fwd, and can appreciate the ability of rwd cars, specifically mid engine, rwd cars. I plan on building an mr2 in the years to come.

But for now, i have to work with what I've got, and at anything above 40mph fwd has no ill effects.

dude, 220 is a 1/3 of the hp that Corey is making.. you might want to go back to the drawing board :p

I'm not building a 600hp drag car here. Im building a sleek cruiser that can give some bigger cars on the block a run for their money, your not going to rain on my parade so you might as well stop trying now. I am knowledgeable about my car and realistic about its performance limitations and acceptability by other tuners, and I am ok with that.

I have plans for the future to build a complete custom scratch-car that will dominate anything road legal in a straight line or through the twisties. That will come with time.

Thanks for your warm welcome and good information though!