Official CR Norwalk Track Day - Fall '06

MrMeanGreen

Choose TWO - Date and Entrance fees  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Choose TWO - Date and Entrance fees

• Friday, September 29th, 2006
    • Friday, October 13th, 2006
    • $35 per vehicle racing, $0 per spectator(s)
    • $30 per vehicle racing, $5 per spectator(s)
    • $25 per vehicle racing, $10 per spectator(s)

Here it is folks, I have the "for sure" information concerning what people have been looking for. The Columbus Racing Norwalk Track Day, brought to you by CR (duh).

This is a preliminary thread aimed at three things.

1) Presenting the information for CR members

2) Voting for which day of the two CR wants

3) Voting for fees associated with renting the track out and having a cookout for CR members at the track

September 29th or October 13th, 2006, both are Fridays

10am to 4pm (both days)

Up to 90 cars, MAX

Track prepped with VHT to the 330', then to the 100' after lunch

Norwalk provides EMT services, tower personnel, and time shack attendant

CR provides personnel for the staging lanes, water box, tree, and tech-in (members who volunteer will get discounted admission)

Cost is $1980 for up to 60 vehicles, $2100 for 61-90 vehicles

Track clean-up for someone breaking is $100-200 EXTRA, per incident

No brackets allowed, only heads-up racing

One lane for slicks/drag radials, other lane for street radials/drag radials

IHRA rules apply, some leeway is granted since we're doing tech (see me for details).

The fees are to be paid up front by CR. This means all entrance fees for racing and/or spectators (if voted that way) will be UP FRONT to reserve your spot, and to be paid well in advance of the track day so we can attend to the reservations if needed.

Fees will be either $35 per vehicle, $30 per vehicle/$5 per spectator, $25 per vehicle/$10 per spectator (spectators being charged per person or per car will be decided later). Fees MAY be increased if we only have 60 vehicles register, as this will allow CR t break even, and no more. We'll discuss this issue if is happens.

Fees will be non-refundable unless the date is canceled by CR due to inclement weather.

There will be extra money charged within the fees. This will go to cover a cookout for CR at the track and money to invest in the server that keeps CR running, and any extra costs associated with renting Norwalk.

If CR votes to charge spectators, the fees will be either charged per person or per group (like $5 per person not racing or $10 per car load of non-racers, etc).

We're not sure if we can have just racing, or have like a raffle, door prizes, sponsors, etc. If Norwalk thinks it's an "event" other than something private, the rate goes to $5000 for the day. Details will come in the future.

This is limited to members of CR or their friends/family. This is not for the open public or someone who happens to drive by. Vehicles racing and people spectating will be marked as such that they're paid so everyone is treated fairly for their entrance fees. Details will only be announced at the track the day of the event.

Blah blah blah. This thread will either be elaborated on or a new thread created after the voting ends. Voting for options will be open through the end of March, that gives people SIX WEEKS to make their minds up, then we can start gathering details and entrance fees so that everything will be paid up by the end of the summer and we're good to go. This also gives people plenty of advanced notice to make plans on being there.

This is open to anyone registered on CR, but only the first 90 vehicles registered AND PAID will be admitted and considered "on the list" that will be made presentable after we get things rolling. Same goes with the spectator list. You show up on the day and are not on either list, you will be turned away at the gate by CR and Norwalk. No exceptions.

Alrighty, let's get this going. Comments and concerns below. Don't forget to vote :grin2:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only plan on bein a spectator so I obviously voted for spectators only being 5 bucks. Even though if I can race someone who stunts and we can do wheelies down the track then I"ll pay to be considered a race. Either date is fine with me as long as I know 2 weeks in advance which should be easy.

Guest JsANeon
damn, looks like im going to attend even more rented out track events this year. so i guess im in for this one too. I voted $30/$5 and september sounds best to me.

I'll update the original post with this too.

UPDATE!

The $1980 price is only good for up to 60 cars. 61-90 cars is an additional $120, bringing the total to $2100.

Also, the price DOES NOT include clean-up costs if you break on the track. Basically, if someone blows their oil pan on the track, Norwalk will charge $100-200 to clean up the mess. So, this also justifies the additional cost above what it would take to "break even".

We'll have to play it by ear considering that if we only have 60 cars, $35 will be just above the break even mark. We'll have to see.

FYI.

Also, the price DOES NOT include clean-up costs if you break on the track. Basically, if someone blows their oil pan on the track, Norwalk will charge $100-200 to clean up the mess. So, this also justifies the additional cost above what it would take to "break even".

Huh... so how much would the clean up cost for a bike be?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...