WTF trash your own side of town

wnaplay1647545503

Anyone been down brice rd today. There is trash and debris all over the fucking place. What kind of piece of shit leaves their debris/garbage on a public road. Were not talking about a little bit of trash (thats to be expected). This is piles of garbage. I am all for people having a good time and even doing it on a public road like happens here every year. But what those people did is bullshit. This isnt some sort of sponsored event where it is somewhat expected that a cleaning crew will be along shortly to clean up after you. This is our community, where we live and raise our kids. If you were out last night and left your shit all over the place (probably because you live in filth anyways and your so stupid you thought you were watching some show on the speed channel instead of being out in public) consider yourself an ignorant douche.

Yea, this is the stuff that happens when you get a lot of people who are drinking and having a good time. I haven't been there in a while, but I don't remember seeing any kinf of trash cans around for people to throw their trash away in.

I do agree. If you have trash you need to throw away, at least find a place to throw it away at and not leave it there on the streets.

Its expected at this point that people are going meet there everyyear. The city needs to plan ahead and make it an event, or shut it down before it starts. I dont think it would be a bad idea to rent out some of the parking lots and have vendors come in and possibly shut that part of brice rd down for a few hours and let cars come through. It could be a good thing.

The city needs to plan ahead and make it an event, or shut it down before it starts. /

They did a few years ago, went ticket happy, mufflers, bumper heights, loitering, all sorts of shit. They impounded cars and all. It made all the magazines about it too, so the Mopar Nat's went to Indy for two years and it cost the city of Reynoldsburg millions of dollars in lost revenue for hotel rooms, food at restaurants and all of the other shit that people come to spend their money on with an event this size. And they weren't the only ones that lost out, Heath, Newark, and even as far as Zanesville felt the pain from Reynoldsburg and their short sightedness. How about next year you go take a look at the plates on those cars, From Florida to Canada, and from Maine to California they come to Ohio for this event, it's the biggest gathering of Muscle cars sort of a Barrett Jackson auction, and the value of the cars most likely exceeds a Barrett Jackson auction if the truth was told.

Reynoldsburg knows this happens EVERY YEAR, the problem is that Reynoldsburg City Council isn't qualified to manage a fucking coin operated car wash, much less an ingress of a half million people to their town. Heath on the other hand eats this shit up.... Rule is NO street racing or doing something really stupid or unsafe. They look at tire spinning as your problem for burning off your tires, and could care less, until 10 PM after that the shit stops. But there is cruising allowed all night, the impromptu car shows in parking lots, the loitering and all the rest is welcomed with open arms, because they know about the money they are getting, and they appreciate it allot.

The city needs to plan ahead and make it an event, or shut it down before it starts. /

They did a few years ago, went ticket happy, mufflers, bumper heights, loitering, all sorts of shit. They impounded cars and all. It made all the magazines about it too, so the Mopar Nat's went to Indy for two years and it cost the city of Reynoldsburg millions of dollars in lost revenue for hotel rooms, food at restaurants and all of the other shit that people come to spend their money on with an event this size. And they weren't the only ones that lost out, Heath, Newark, and even as far as Zanesville felt the pain from Reynoldsburg and their short sightedness. How about next year you go take a look at the plates on those cars, From Florida to Canada, and from Maine to California they come to Ohio for this event, it's the biggest gathering of Muscle cars sort of a Barrett Jackson auction, and the value of the cars most likely exceeds a Barrett Jackson auction if the truth was told.

Reynoldsburg knows this happens EVERY YEAR, the problem is that Reynoldsburg City Council isn't qualified to manage a fucking coin operated car wash, much less an ingress of a half million people to their town. Heath on the other hand eats this shit up.... Rule is NO street racing or doing something really stupid or unsafe. They look at tire spinning as your problem for burning off your tires, and could care less, until 10 PM after that the shit stops. But there is cruising allowed all night, the impromptu car shows in parking lots, the loitering and all the rest is welcomed with open arms, because they know about the money they are getting, and they appreciate it allot.

I highly doubt Reynoldsburg is benefiting millions of dollars from this event. I dont even know if this particular area is considered Reynoldsburg. I guess for the right price we should allow anyone to trash our state? Remember the city only gets a percentage of the sales tax which doesnt equate to millions of dollars. And whatever city this happens in has every right to enforce whatever laws they feel. Just because you spend a little bit of money in a town doesnt give you any rights to break their laws. Besides any officer that is taking time to direct his attention to this nonsense is neglecting the citicens(sp) that actually pay his salary. I dont care what goes on with the cars owners themselves, or for their desire to let one car after another to burn off their tires to the early hours of morning. This is about the ignorant sob that doesnt have the common sense to pick up their own shit. I dont give a fuck if a city lost money on an event like this. This isnt about people coming from another state to sit on brice rd just to throw trash down. These are people from here without any common sense. Just for the record do you think this kind of behavior is acceptable? Dont you think if this event is as profitable as you say it is for these areas (not including the city it is actually held in) that the powers that be would hesitate to take steps to profit from what takes place?

i agree...i was sitting there last night and some dudes was throwing beer bottles on the ground and busting them and then was trying to get 20,000 dollar race cars to do burnouts in it...wtf is wrong with you people...i would be kickin some ass if i rolled thru there with my car and some dumb ass was doing this...its true lack of respect. and thats a damn shame.

I dont think anybody is trying to justify anyone leaving trash anywhere, in my opinion the cops should be handing out littering tickets for leaving your trash laying around. But like has been said before this happens every year by now you would think the city would get a clue and put some trash cans around. I'm sure there are at least a few folks in Reynoldsburg that have some community service to work off that would be more than happy to go around and empty trash cans all night so that wouldnt cost the city anything and with the money they make off tickets you would think they could afford a few of those cheap cardboard trash cans to put out. Maybee even print some directions on the side of the trash cans since some folks cant seem to figure out what they are for even if they are there.

On a side note I just got back from Oshkosh Wisconsin where the EAA holds a huge airshow every year and I was absolutely shocked by the Lack of trash, not one smelly overflowing outhouse, not one trash can full to the point of overflowing and very little trash on the ground mostly just a paper cup or napkin here or there. I came away from that show very impressed and with a renewed hope in humanity.

I am not saying that they should be littering. But where are they suppost to put it? The city knows about this, it happens every year. But they choose to NOT contract a waste management group to bring in dumpsters and recepticals to have people properly dispose of their trash. It's not the people, if that were the case they NTR would look the same way and it doesn't. So that leaves two possible reasons it turns into a shithole. One is that there are no means of disposing of the litter so it ends up on the ground. Second is that it's not the car guys doing it, it's the locals that are going up to Brice Rd area and trashing it. That of course means that the local Columbus people ARE the ones that are doing it to begin with.

why are you people suprised? Its a bunch of people gathering to drink and watch cars drive up and down the road. trash is always going to be there and if they put trash cans out the assholes would prolly set them on fire and roll the down the damn street. All this coming from a Mopar Person.

Guest 78novaman

Most of Brice Rd where the action takes place is within COLUMBUS city limits. It does not turn into Reynoldsburg until somewhere between Livingston & Main.

People are assholes and the same thing happens to a lesser extent around the 161/Busch Blvd area when Goodguys is in town. These are probably the same type of people that would tell you off if not threaten violence if you threw garbage on thier property.

I always either find a trash can or put it behind the seat and chuck it when I get home. Fold up a couple of plastic grocery store bags and put them in your glove box just for this kind of occasion and you have a convenient way of disposing of your garbage :)

I am not saying that they should be littering. But where are they suppost to put it? The city knows about this, it happens every year. But they choose to NOT contract a waste management group to bring in dumpsters and recepticals to have people properly dispose of their trash. It's not the people, if that were the case they NTR would look the same way and it doesn't. So that leaves two possible reasons it turns into a shithole. One is that there are no means of disposing of the litter so it ends up on the ground. Second is that it's not the car guys doing it, it's the locals that are going up to Brice Rd area and trashing it. That of course means that the local Columbus people ARE the ones that are doing it to begin with.

I agree. Why would the people who brought these cars have their families and friends sit on the side of the road to watch? Um..they don't. These are locals doing this without a doubt in my mind. So, they obviously don't give a fuck about their town.

I lived on brice untill this week and I still went to 79 becouse brice just sucks to bad, The city could do so much with this event but they do what they can to just make it worse.

Side note I saw a Columbus cop use 3rd grade fighting style on a crowd at the hotel that we were watching the burnouts. He pulled in and comes on the intercom and says "Go away" and then turns on the loud siren and just sits there. HAHA he was like f it I will anoy them in to leaveing

The west side of Brice Road is Columbus (mostly 43232 area code); the east side is Reynoldsburg. Both patrol Brice Rd though. This means Columbus is just as much to blame as Reynoldsburg is for not providing trash cans. If these people would have even used them.

Trevor and I were driving by in his 69 Firebird, and had one of the Reynoldsburg cops warn us to watch out for water ballons and eggs. We had the morons with the "Nuke GM" T-shirts on booing at us, while cheering for some POS beaten to hell Neon driving by. Nice. :rolleyes:

one of the biggest problems is when you get in between two cities, one city just wants the other one to deal with it and vice-versa i live on the boarder between columbus and dublin and we are literally the last nieborhoods within a 100 miles to get plowed in the winter the nice thing is I only see a cop about once everyother month. I believe it's not up to columbus to put out trash cans because they are not going to do it. it's up to Reynoldsburg break down spend a little bit of money and clean up the situation. when there's a trash canevery 100ft. like there are in all columbus and dublin events trash does get thrown away people simply are not willing to go way out of there way to throw things away but the only solutoin is to play to that and give them the trash cans.

• 3 weeks later...