So, you think you can drive?

Mojoe

Hans Stuck is a crazy old man. I think he's still doing the 24 hour event at the Nordschleife, usually teaming with Boris Said.

Watching that video again makes me realize I've nearly got that circuit memorized from driving it so many times in GT4. I just wish I could find a decent map of it for GTR, the one I've found is really shitty and doesn't seem acurate.

Hans Stuck is a crazy old man. I think he's still doing the 24 hour event at the Nordschleife, usually teaming with Boris Said.

Neither of these men look "all there".

http://www.dleong.org/2003/tt/alms/images/photo30.jpg

Watching that video again makes me realize I've nearly got that circuit memorized from driving it so many times in GT4.

Still wont help you be fast when you drive it for real, Clarkson taught us that. :)

We need some vids of Sabine Schmitz driving the ring....and also some of her undressing, that would be nice, too.

Neither of these men look "all there".

http://www.dleong.org/2003/tt/alms/images/photo30.jpg

Still wont help you be fast when you drive it for real, Clarkson taught us that. :)

We need some vids of Sabine Schmitz driving the ring....and also some of her undressing, that would be nice, too.

Her ring "taxi" videos in the M5 are floating around somewhere...I'll see if I can dig them up on the BMW boards today. Not as impressive as Hans...but entertaining none the less.

Andy

Nobody road races because the expence to have a car the performs that well is more than the anual income for most people. Seeing someone run a course like that is simply video game reality for us. That guy's level of driving is really unthinkable. I would probably shit my pants if I was riding with him. Some of the corners he goes into with so much speed, you think there is no way the car will stick. I've watched a few times now and it's amazing every time.

I remember that episode, I actually tried beating his time with the NSX around Laguna Seca. I could only tie it, I guess I suck :)

+1 on the second part.

Very nice vid... I did allrite following the track from what I've learned from GT4 and Forza :)

i was also thinking the same thing

makes me wanna break out Forza again and go race the ring

DAMMIT!..........now i can't wait for Forza 2 and the wireless wheel

Nobody road races because the expence to have a car the performs that well is more than the anual income for most people.

Annual income in Mexico city, maybe. You need a subscription to Grassroots motorsport....or maybe I just need to put a passenger seat in the cougar....and a seatbelt maybe. :)

That lap was only about 30%-40% car. The lap record at the Nordescgliefe was set in a 360hp Radical SR8, smashing the previous record by 20 seconds.

£58,000, but still cheaper then pretty much everything that it beat, by alot. And it's definately simpler.

I ran acorss this video recently on Streetfire, damn good stuff!!

I've had this video on my computer for a while now and never thought to post it, got it from a friend. It's not a fast car by any means but you get a great view of the track!!

http://media.putfile.com/850nordschleife

Eric

The point I was making is; to road race around here, it's $125 at least per day to use the track. Things worth mentioning are: wear on the brakes, tires, plugs, oil, and other fluids. Most of these item need replace ofter 2 or 3 track days, sometimes less. Let alone the setting up of the car.