So...Where are the Fun Roads Around Columbus?

dsm_sleeper

Get on Riverside Drive, drive it from Home road north to St Rt 37. The road name changes a few times, but just stay on it and enjoy.

Take 315N past 270 and it starts getting good.

Yessir, and dont forget the side roads. Bel Aire is a speed trap, though.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1430/loop1qf9.png

If you're crazy, as many of you remember me to be, I submit "The Concrete Canyon":

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6105/loop1ez1.png

Just under 7 miles, I beleive my record is around 6 minutes. It's been a long time. DO IT COUNTER CLOCKWISE, the expansion joints are murder in the other direction.

Do it at 2am and tell your family that you love them before you go.

If you do it a reasonable speed, it's a good way to see the town.

The greatest rush in columbus driving; flat out under high street. I've only mustered a hair over 140 through here. Again, don't do this, it's a real bad idea, I'll never do it again. Traffic joins the highway here.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5882/loop1gt8.png

Take 315N past 270 and it starts getting good.

That's probably the best one that I've found. There's usually traffic when I'm on it though.

I've hear that the roads in the south (Old Man's Cave) are some of the best but I was hoping for something that's right around Columbus.

That's probably the best one that I've found. There's usually traffic when I'm on it though.

I've hear that the roads in the south (Old Man's Cave) are some of the best but I was hoping for something that's right around Columbus.

Don't ignore me, or I will be forced to goodfellas your ass.

There are no truly fun roads around here.

If you want to have some fun, find a map and look around southeast ohio, and pick a route at random. You will have fun. None of these straight highways that everyone is mentioning. Newsflash - 315 has maybe three turns, that I could take at 90 in my old truck, but I can't because there is a cop every mile.

There are no truly fun roads around here.

If you want to have some fun, find a map and look around southeast ohio, and pick a route at random. You will have fun. None of these straight highways that everyone is mentioning. Newsflash - 315 has maybe three turns, that I could take at 90 in my old truck, but I can't because there is a cop every mile.

In depends on what he means by "fun." 315 gets some good bends further north but it's more a scenic route to me then anything else. If you really want to travel for fun, take 71 towards Cleveland and get off near Ashland. So many twists, turns and hills everywhere all over the countryside and there's rarely a cop to be found.

315, though a nice drive, is not always the best. I used to take it when I moved here and still do if I'm headed to the westside. There is actually some real nice and occasionally fun driving if you know where to look.

There's quite a few nice little roads NW of Delaware. And being where they are located, you don't come across cops. There's a great section of road (there are a few roads connected but I only remember one of the main ones and that is River Rd.) that runs along the river headed north. A drive I used to like was taking Riverside Dr (in West Columbus - just East of 270 - runs north/south and turns into 257 eventually), anyway, I take it north until you pass the resevoir and it turns into River Rd. Sometimes, you may have to jump on a main road for just a moment and then back on again to get back on river rd. It's taken me a few trips to find the best paths/roads out there, but that should get you started. IT's a gorgeous trip in the spring/summer. I love roads that the trees completely cover. There are also some good curvy spots. It shouldn't disappoint you. Let me know how it goes.

If you're crazy, as many of you remember me to be, I submit "The Concrete Canyon":

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6105/loop1ez1.png

Just under 7 miles, I beleive my record is around 6 minutes. It's been a long time. DO IT COUNTER CLOCKWISE, the expansion joints are murder in the other direction.

Do it at 2am and tell your family that you love them before you go.

If you do it a reasonable speed, it's a good way to see the town.

The greatest rush in columbus driving; flat out under high street. I've only mustered a hair over 140 through here. Again, don't do this, it's a real bad idea, I'll never do it again. Traffic joins the highway here.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5882/loop1gt8.png

I put two 15lb bottles of nitrous in my old dakota and sprayed it all the way around that once :)