So...Where are the Fun Roads Around Columbus?

dsm_sleeper

Guest GMoney
If you're crazy, as many of you remember me to be, I submit "The Concrete Canyon":

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6105/loop1ez1.png

Just under 7 miles, I beleive my record is around 6 minutes. It's been a long time. DO IT COUNTER CLOCKWISE, the expansion joints are murder in the other direction.

Do it at 2am and tell your family that you love them before you go.

If you do it a reasonable speed, it's a good way to see the town.

The greatest rush in columbus driving; flat out under high street. I've only mustered a hair over 140 through here. Again, don't do this, it's a real bad idea, I'll never do it again. Traffic joins the highway here.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5882/loop1gt8.png

7 miles in 6 min? Did you even break the speed limit? 60mph is 1 mile per minute which means you averaged 60 mile per hour WOW

7 miles in 6 min? Did you even break the speed limit? 60mph is 1 mile per minute which means you averaged 60 mile per hour WOW

You aren't going 60mph the whole time. Look at the pic. There's a lot of pretty hard turns and bends. Looks fun, but I doubt I'd ever try something like that on a public freeway.

Red Bank Rd....

nuff said

I grew up the next road over from there, our property pretty much backed up to Red Bank... I used to hear cars out there every thurs fri and sat night in the spring and summer as a kid, by the time I graduated it had died down. My cousin took me out there in his old Corvette a few times, one car at Red Bank and County line, the other at Red Bank and Gorsuch, no cars can get in or out without them seeing it... man

Guest Removed
I grew up the next road over from there, our property pretty much backed up to Red Bank... I used to hear cars out there every thurs fri and sat night in the spring and summer as a kid, by the time I graduated it had died down. My cousin took me out there in his old Corvette a few times, one car at Red Bank and County line, the other at Red Bank and Gorsuch, no cars can get in or out without them seeing it... man

my old camaro or saleen you probably heard. :D what year did you graduate?

took a 3.0 awd tempo over the hills at 100 and bottomed out , a few times.lol

my old camaro or saleen you probably heard. :D what year did you graduate?

took a 3.0 awd tempo over the hills at 100 and bottomed out , a few times.lol

Guest Removed
Where's that? I only know of one Red Bank Rd. by Alum Creek Resevoir.

Wait, are you talking about the one by 71 in Hamilton?

alum creek one. :D and down by hamilton its the other end.

i ran around up there in 94-99

Klondike Rd.

Take Riverside north all the way until it ends. Klondike is right across 42.

That's part of the route I posted earlier. You can continue on North to River Rd from Klondike for quite a ways.

Thanks, Rob. I thought that might be it. There are a couple good roads over there.

That's part of the route I posted earlier. You can continue on North to River Rd from Klondike for quite a ways.

Thanks, Rob. I thought that might be it. There are a couple good roads over there.

Oops..must have missed it :D

You guys should sticky a "fun roads" atlas. I know were ever I'll be staying for an extended period of time, one of the first thing I do is hit up the local car community for some info on nice twisty roads.

get on morse heading east. once you get past 310, i think its the next stop sign you come to, turn right. york rd.

if you get to outville on morse, you've gone too far. turn around and go back to the last stop sign and head south.