MR. Tire - W. Broad St.

SPLN SUX

One of my drivers got a flat tire tonight while driving, a gash in the sidewall to be exact. He took it over to Mr. Tire to have a new tire put on it. After fumbling around with the lugs for about 20 min or so, they told him that they were able to remove 4, but they couldnt get the other 2 (6 lug) So he limps it back to my lot and askes me to come help him to see if we could get the lugs off ourselves since the Mr. Tire cunt monkeys couldnt seem to figure out how to do it. I bend down to look at the lugs and 2, not 1 but 2, of the lugs were rounded off. These dildos used the wrong size socket, not a torquestick, a socket, on these things and tore them all to shit. After ripping them up, they didnt bother to tell him anything other than, we cant get them off and were closing in about 10min... basically sending him on his way. So I mangaged to hammer on a deepwell socket that was just a tad too small, and makde an attempt to break them free... no budge... and im a big boy. After trying once more the socket slipped off and made it worse. So we go to Autozone and buy a 24" 1/2" breaker, and 3/8 adapter, and a stripped nut kit. Wrenched it on there and snapped the adapter. i saw that coming. So we went and got a 1" socket and put it around the outside of the stripped nut tool and ended up snapping the top 90% of the nut off. Needless to say, the nuts were on there WAY TO TIGHT, but the point is that these fuckers stripped two of the bolts, and sent him on his way w/o even trying to work with him on it, let alone even telling him they fucked them up.

I myself am going to go in there and see if I can get them to do anything about it, if they refuse or want to get shitty with me, ill be calling the all the media contacts i have in the rolodex ;)

Guest JWLane
Right... Torque sticks to remove a wheel doesn't get you anywhere, especially if the wheel was overtorqued. They limit torque... A socket is perfectly acceptable if it's the right size.

Right... Torque sticks to remove a wheel doesn't get you anywhere, especially if the wheel was overtorqued. They limit torque... A socket is perfectly acceptable if it's the right size.

100% agreed. They are are no fault here. Whoever did your tire or wheel service last is the one you need to be speaking with. And please humor me. What is it you think the media is going to do with the silly little story?

First of all, its mechanics the only thing funner for the media then pointing out bad mechanics is bad lawyers. Second, if Mr. Tire doesn't help you out stop by NTB on Holt and we can help you get them off.