All you diesel guys

XChris1632X

S600 I have a blue and silver 91 non-intercooled truck, You know what kind of boxes they make for that? Its all about the rev gain, and the TCB BOX!

Yep...that's why my power is so low. NO rev gain or TCB, but I'm hoping they run a special on them at the big event in KY this weekend!

Your power is so low because your short...wear an extension on your right foot so you can push the pedal all the way Midget!

Chris

And I sit on a Pillow!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE's your problem...your throttle pedal angles all wrong. Since you short, and then sit on a pillow, it's throwing that angle off and hurting you power AND mileage!

You need to get a Honda and FAST to keep from hurting a good truck!

Chris

Just throw a couple bags of feed into the back of your truck. Then if you do get pulled over and they say something about using the fuel, tell them this is your farm truck you were just picking up some feed for your cows or something.

Negative. If the truck is driven on the highway, it needs to have the blue/green tax stuff in it.

Grain trucks ect. can not run the red stuff on the highway, or it is fine time. OSHP sat down the road from the local elevator once and did random samples. Handed out a few fines while they where at it. (fuel tax fines, overload fines, vehicle safety fines, ect.)

My dad got busted for being 200# over on the front axle, even though his GVW was still under the limit.

Negative. If the truck is driven on the highway, it needs to have the blue/green tax stuff in it.

Grain trucks ect. can not run the red stuff on the highway, or it is fine time. OSHP sat down the road from the local elevator once and did random samples. Handed out a few fines while they where at it. (fuel tax fines, overload fines, vehicle safety fines, ect.)

My dad got busted for being 200# over on the front axle, even though his GVW was still under the limit.

Exactly...they don't care who you are or what proof you show them if your blatantly break the law!

As far as the over weight fine...they were wrong IF your dad loaded at the farm! If you load at a commercial facility with scales and are overweight, it's your butt! Now I don't know the stipulations on axle weights...sounds like the cop was having a bad day to me!

Chris

That is crazy. So what about tracters, combines, etc? I mean in all honesty, they shouldn't even been on the highway, but they do. Do they somehow have to drain there tanks and change their filters because while they are on the farm they ran the red stuff, but now they are on the highway, they can't use it. Doesn't make since. I know, laws hardly ever do. I know daily trucks using red diesel run on the highway. I grew up in Utica and my father-in-law is the manager of the Utica mill, I know it happens every day.

That is crazy. So what about tracters, combines, etc? I mean in all honesty, they shouldn't even been on the highway, but they do. Do they somehow have to drain there tanks and change their filters because while they are on the farm they ran the red stuff, but now they are on the highway, they can't use it. Doesn't make since. I know, laws hardly ever do. I know daily trucks using red diesel run on the highway. I grew up in Utica and my father-in-law is the manager of the Utica mill, I know it happens every day.

Farm implements are typicaly off road vehicles. To say they should not be on the highway at all is ignorant, as there is a necisity to travel from one field to another. They run the tax exempt fuel as the majority of the fuel they burn will be off road, in the production and support of agriculture. The differance between grain truck/pickups vs the combines and tractors is that grain trucks and pickups are licensed vehicles for highway use, whereas farm implements are not licensed.

Farm trucks used to be able to run the tax exempt fuel when there was an axle tax. The heavy grain trucks had to pay an axle tax, and this was assumed to cover thier use on the highway.

Farm implements are typicaly off road vehicles. To say they should not be on the highway at all is ignorant, as there is a necisity to travel from one field to another.

Ok makes since about the licencing. I worked on my grandparents farm when growing up as a kid and never really looked into the legality of it all. I do still strongly believe that farm equipment should keep off of highways if all possible. I am ok with them being on the road for a short amount of time or if there is no other way to get to where they are going, but in my opinion, they should not be on highways if they can use a road that is not as busy to get where they are going. I know that is what we did on my grandparents farm. At times they can be a safety hazard going 5 mph on a highway where the speed limit is 55.

Ok makes since about the licencing. I worked on my grandparents farm when growing up as a kid and never really looked into the legality of it all. I do still strongly believe that farm equipment should keep off of highways if all possible. I am ok with them being on the road for a short amount of time or if there is no other way to get to where they are going, but in my opinion, they should not be on highways if they can use a road that is not as busy to get where they are going. I know that is what we did on my grandparents farm. At times they can be a safety hazard going 5 mph on a highway where the speed limit is 55.

Next time you eat lunch, remember that statement;)

That farm equipment is big and heavy, and provides food for the world...deal with it taking an extra 5 minutes of your time out of your busy, busy day. If everyone would actually learn how to act around farm equipment on the roads, us farmers would also be a whole lot more considerate to you little bugs on the roads.

Believe me, we don't like being on the road any more than we have to...it's dangerous the way most people drive trying to get around equipment, when all they need to do is be patient and let us find them a spot to pass!

Chris

I just got word from a farmer out here that runs off road in his truck all the time that his off road fuel is high sulfur. He told me that they couldnt make it ULS because the old tractors cant run on it. He told me all of his tanks are filled with fuel that is around 1500ppm sulfur.

I just got word from a farmer out here that runs off road in his truck all the time that his off road fuel is high sulfur. He told me that they couldnt make it ULS because the old tractors cant run on it. He told me all of his tanks are filled with fuel that is around 1500ppm sulfur.

The old tractors will run on ANYTHING you put in the tank that is "oil" It's the new ones, that don't like the old stuff that people should be worried about!

How does he know it's LSD instead of ULSD...does he test it?

Chris

We were just talking about different additives and fuel, he told me it was high sulfur. I drove by one place that sells off road and their tank said high sulfur. I just figured that all of their stuff was old and they didnt update the pump labels but then he told me that. Im not sure either way.

No I dont want it for the power and let me take this time to make it clear one more time that I was just inquiring about using off road for special circumstances such as at the track, or pulling! Not for street use at all! I was looking for the lubrication under high hp situations. Whether it is the sulfur itself or the process to get rid of it that takes away lubrication I was trying to stay away from ulsd during these times. Whether or not this even helps much is irrelivant, I just put in the second injection pump in less than a year so I am in the experimental stage. I could use all the help I can get when it comes to lubrication. My old pump is completely locked up. Im looking to try plenty of things such as additives, alternate fuels, ect. Chances of my tanks getting dipped out here are very very slim and I have reasons as to why I believe this. I am somewhat confident that when I do travel to Columbus area that CPD has much better things to do and has the lack of knowledge for the most part than to dip my tanks. (not saying that any or all CPD is clueless or that they dont know anything about it) Just throwing that in there.

Great...good...whatever! Lot's of people with VP44 24v's have failures. Lots of things have been tried. NOTHING helps to a measurable degree. Some pumps are junk, some pumps live forever. However, I would fell better, if I owned one, and ran additive in the tank. I also recommend a good lift pump if you don't already have one (don't remember seeing if you did or didn't), and run a 2 micron filter on the truck.

Chris

Where can you get the 2 micron filter? I know a lot of the pumps are junk and it seems when you buy one you might as well reach your hand in a grab bag of 4 out of 10 being junk. The stock one lasted untill 180k but hit the bucket as soon as the edge came. What kind of additive would you recomend?

Do you have a FASS, or running factory? If you have a FASS, call them and get the 2 micron filter. If not, check these guys out http://www.glacierdieselpower.com All their kits are extremely well put together, and the instructions are good too!

Go to Wal-mart, AutoZone, Advance, or a truckstop, and buy Diesel Power Service, in a white jug in the summer, and a gray jug in the winter...I think those are the right color bottles. Read the front to make sure...one should say something like "+ anti gel" or something along those lines!

Those aren't sure fire ways to keep a pump alive, but that is what has been recommended to me, and it's a good plan at least. We have at least 4 trucks in my area doing this!

Chris