Target Enforcement Today I270

SpaceGhost

She just told me thte there was 5-6 cruisers on 270 between Westerville Rd and 161 in the construction zone.

I just went past that area and i saw 4 cops within a mile of the 161 interchange on the east side

I find the very best way to travel my 75-80mph that I usually do is to watch all the other drivers.

I scan the usual hot spots for the Po Po to sit and laser people, but I watch traffic. Especially the cars that tend to zip past me. I never speed in the fast lane either. That's rule #1 for me. Hiding in a silver mini van helped too I'm sure :D

We drove over 6hrs this holiday weekend and went through well over a dozen traps. Many were in construction zones. Ever single time, I saw the cop(s) or clear signs of them before my V1 did. By the time we got home, even my wife was amazed at how easily this method works. I drive about 36k miles per year from here to the east coast and throughout the mid west and have yet to even have to rely on my V1 much. PA since they use a lot of radar still vs laser, it really helps.

Laser is good for them, but I really don't worry about it. My defense is paying sharp attention to all the other cars on the road. 10-20% of the time, oncoming traffic warned me with flashing lights....so I do the same...but when you catch 1-2 cars tapping their brakes up ahead, it's often a 95% sign there's a cop. Even folks going 65mph on the nose in the middle lane will hit their brakes :rolleyes: I love it.....way better than any radar detector.

Sorry Po Po, but you didn't catch me this weekend. :p:p Heck the only time in recent times I was busted I simply wasn't paying any attention at all....totally my bad. In that case I gave myself the ticket for being stupid.

Speed smart and safely.

I find the very best way to travel my 75-80mph that I usually do is to watch all the other drivers.

I scan the usual hot spots for the Po Po to sit and laser people, but I watch traffic. Especially the cars that tend to zip past me. I never speed in the fast lane either. That's rule #1 for me. Hiding in a silver mini van helped too I'm sure :D

We drove over 6hrs this holiday weekend and went through well over a dozen traps. Many were in construction zones. Ever single time, I saw the cop(s) or clear signs of them before my V1 did.

Laser is good for them, but I really don't worry about it. 10-20% of the time, oncoming traffic warned me with flashing lights....so I do the same...but when you catch 1-2 cars tapping their brakes up ahead, it's often a 95% sign there's a cop.

Sorry Po Po, but you didn't catch me this weekend. :p:p

You do know that a cop can pull you over and ticket you for flashing your lights if he feels you were warning someone of a police presence, right? Or some other bullshit like that.

My buddy got pulled over last year when we were on 5th avenue, a cop ALWAYS sits down there, and since we turned onto 5th and were heading away from him, my buddy was being nice and warning a few people that were cooking it about him, well it turns out there was another cop coming towards us and saw him flashing and pulled him over, gave him a minor stupid ticket for something about it. forgot the exact write up, but it sucked.

my .02

Fuck traffic cops....I'm sure they could pull me over, but it won't ever stop me from warning others. If I get a ticket, I'll start my secret and sure fire way to have them spend my fine on cruiser repairs again. :p:mad:

You do know that a cop can pull you over and ticket you for flashing your lights if he feels you were warning someone of a police presence, right? Or some other bullshit like that.

My buddy got pulled over last year when we were on 5th avenue, a cop ALWAYS sits down there, and since we turned onto 5th and were heading away from him, my buddy was being nice and warning a few people that were cooking it about him, well it turns out there was another cop coming towards us and saw him flashing and pulled him over, gave him a minor stupid ticket for something about it. forgot the exact write up, but it sucked.

my .02

:jerkit:
Fuck traffic cops....I'm sure they could pull me over, but it won't ever stop me from warning others. If I get a ticket, I'll start my secret and sure fire way to have them spend my fine on cruiser repairs again. :p:mad:

It is Memorial Day. The only way to be safe is not to speed.

I saw 10x the cops on 33 to Logan than I have ever seen in my life. 5 over the whole way and watched the others get busted. :nod:

It is Memorial Day. The only way to be safe is not to speed.

No kidding. I drove as little as possible this weekend and when i did, the cruise was set at 65. During holiday enforcement, theres no talking your way out of anything. Its all about the benjamins.

We drove over 6hrs this holiday weekend and went through well over a dozen traps. Many were in construction zones. Ever single time, I saw the cop(s) or clear signs of them before my V1 did. By the time we got home, even my wife was amazed at how easily this method works. I drive about 36k miles per year from here to the east coast and throughout the mid west and have yet to even have to rely on my V1 much. PA since they use a lot of radar still vs laser, it really helps.

Laser is good for them, but I really don't worry about it. My defense is paying sharp attention to all the other cars on the road. 10-20% of the time, oncoming traffic warned me with flashing lights....so I do the same...but when you catch 1-2 cars tapping their brakes up ahead, it's often a 95% sign there's a cop. Even folks going 65mph on the nose in the middle lane will hit their brakes :rolleyes: I love it.....way better than any radar detector.

Sorry Po Po, but you didn't catch me this weekend. :p:p Heck the only time in recent times I was busted I simply wasn't paying any attention at all....totally my bad. In that case I gave myself the ticket for being stupid.

Speed smart and safely.

I drove to Chattanooga, Tenn this weekend and did the same exact thing and I was able to maintain an AVERAGE speed of 80mph. You'd be surprised how you can simply avoid it by paying attention to your surrounding's. Driving home last night I knew there would be Franklin County Sherriff's sitting on 71, so I did my usual 80 in the open area's and once I saw the bridge coming up I stepped into the slow lane, 1/2 miles up all i saw were brake lights.

Only time('s) I have ever gotten a ticket is where I wasn't paying attention and/or distracted. I make this Chatanooga trip once a month and without a Radar detector. I still maintain an average speed of 80.

I drove to Chattanooga, Tenn this weekend and did the same exact thing and I was able to maintain an AVERAGE speed of 80mph. You'd be surprised how you can simply avoid it by paying attention to your surrounding's. Driving home last night I knew there would be Franklin County Sherriff's sitting on 71, so I did my usual 80 in the open area's and once I saw the bridge coming up I stepped into the slow lane, 1/2 miles up all i saw were brake lights.

Only time('s) I have ever gotten a ticket is where I wasn't paying attention and/or distracted. I make this Chatanooga trip once a month and without a Radar detector. I still maintain an average speed of 80.

EDIT: oh and sunday I could 17 Ohio State Troopers from here to cinci (interstate's 71/75), 1 Kentucky State police, and 1 Tenn state police. Something wrong here?

i agree with the paying attention to whats ahead of you...

most people only pay attention like 2 seconds in front... if you really wanna know whats going on, look about 7 seconds ahead :)

i also try to keep it under 10 over.

the only time the paying attention to the cars way ahead of you doesnt work is when they have their airplanes out :( they already got ya a mile back before you even see the cop.

although if you just pay attention and slow down when you see the hash marks on the side of the road for the 2 miles or so, you'll be gravy :)

There was an ASSLOAD of cops today between Main st. and Broad on the east side when we went to pick-n- pull earlier today. I saw 3 cars pulled over right in a row. And then one on the other side.

that's the truth.....if they fucking want to make a difference they should enforce the other basics of driving vs just speed. their presence on the roadways alone with kill both birds with one stone....slow folks down AND enforce all the other rules people break.

1. Not using turn signals

2. Not properly yeilding or merging

3. Not keeping right except to pass

They should also enforce dick heads driving in blind spots or blocking both lanes by pacing the car next to them at exactly the same speed. Fucking not paying attention that is!!

Old people...folks over 55yrs should be forced to take an in-vehicle driving test too. Not one where they stick to the facts/basics like going the speed limit to the nose, but one where they are forced to fucking make good decisions driving. I could go on forever on old people.

Tim

Venting

F'in traffic enforcement taxation.... that's all I have to say about that.