What to do with a 95 Regal with 200k.

Buck531

So I have this delema. I just bought a 99 Regal for my wife to drive. That means the 95 she has with hail damage and 200k miles will be sitting.

Now, I thought about selling it. I'm not sure how much I can get for it. Even with the dings, hail damge and such KBB said I can get 2k. (lol.. right). I'm guessing around a grand. It runs great. Trans "might" be going out though.

Should I keep it as a beater and a 3rd car or get rid of it? I'd really like to keep it and see how far I can take it. However I could get some money out of it now, or just run it into the ground and not get any later. I do like the idea of having a 3rd car incase I decided to do some major overhauling on it that would take more than a weekend.

Thoughts.

It sounds like you answered you're question, Keep it, you mentioned that twice it'd be nice to have a 3rd car. I mean a grand is some moola, but for convience I'd keep it personally. There have been times when an extra car is a godsend.

you can sell just about anything like that for $1-$3k. there are lots of buyers out there. is it a 3800? great motor and should go for a while yet.

I say clean it up or let Andy take a crack at it :eek::p and just do the basics and put $3k OBO on it. Enjoy the cash afterwards!

Now, I thought about selling it. I'm not sure how much I can get for it. Even with the dings, hail damge and such KBB said I can get 2k. (lol.. right). I'm guessing around a grand. It runs great. Trans "might" be going out though.

Thoughts.

you can sell just about anything like that for $1-$3k. there are lots of buyers out there. is it a 3800? great motor and should go for a while yet.

I say clean it up or let Andy take a crack at it :eek::p and just do the basics and put $3k OBO on it. Enjoy the cash afterwards!

It has a good 300 dents from hail damage last year. I can detail my own cars, but this one isn't worth it. I just steam cleaned the interior a few weeks back though.

Wease.. nope.. not a GS. She doesn't need it and my wallet doesn' tneed to be paying for 93 octane either :). An LS will do her just fine.

yeah. I re-did an insurance quote with Progressive. I can get mine at $88 a month for 3 cars. 95 regal with liability only and the other two with full and its' STILL cheaper than what I'm paying now with only two cars. I'll just keep it.

If you can afford insurance and tags keep the thing. It is always nice to have another car around just in case. That is enough for me to justify paying for tags and insurance, even if I don't drive it that often.

Heh.. upper radiator hose just got a nice slice in it. A/C went out last week. I wonder what's next week?

I might end up just selling it. Damn I'm so undecided.

Keep it. You don't need to fix it right away, just when you are ready to do more to the Lumina. It's nice to have a beater to drive so you can take your time working on your fun car.

Well I'm really starting to think about selling it. I'm not sure how much I can get out of it. I might try selling it for $1500? I'm not sure. I really need to get some new carpet in the basement so I can finish it. That's where the money would go to.

But on the other hand, having a 3rd car would be great if I wanted to work on my car or just park it in the garage for an extended amount of time.

This is one of those "damned if you do, and damned if you don't decisions". I know i"m going to kick my self later if I sell it. But I really need to a few things around the house fixed up.. especially if I want to sell it this year if I go that route.

Fuck...just sell it. 3rd vehicle is great, but just sell your car now and eventually buy a beater truck online when you have a chance. The first time you move a bunch of shit in a sub $1500 truck by yourself without renting storage or a moving truck, it's all worthwhile.