What would you do?

El Karacho1647545492

If you won $59627 on a $2 bet? I was at Scioto Downs last night as part of "tradition with the boys". We go down every tuesday or thursday and waste no more than $15 apiece and have a blast doing it.

Well, we saw one race where a guy bet a $2 Superfecta (first 4 horses) and the payout was $59627. And it made me wonder, what would I do with that kind of money?

I would take the $9,627 and use it to fix the truck and buy a new cell phone, and then the rest of it would go into a savings account or some government bonds so I couldn't touch it for 10-20 years.

Pay off all my debts first.

Then with the rest of money 1/4 into my 401K account. 1/2 into repairs on my house. the other 1/4 would go into my money market account which has 5% return right now.

Those give a terrible return. There are cash accounts that pay more than those will. You would want to first max out your IRA contribution, then invest in growth stocks.

Government bonds are the most secure thing you can invest in, even if they don't pay as well.

Death and taxes are the only two inevitables, and taxes pay for your gov't bond's return rate.

Government bonds are the most secure thing you can invest in, even if they don't pay as well.

Death and taxes are the only two inevitables, and taxes pay for your gov't bond's return rate.

Absolutely, but at your age, growth should be your concern with investments, not security. Just don't put everything into one stock.

Eli is part right. Mutual funds, FTW! I know it's not an indicator of future returns but all my savings in the past 3 years have been in a pair of funds that together yielded ~15% a year consistently. If you have less than $50,000 to invest, its the cheapest way to maintain diversity. Just stay away from hedge funds.

What would you do?, if your son was at home

crying all alone on the bedroom floor, cuz he's hungry

and thee only way to feed him is ta sleep wit a man

for a little bit of money, and his daddy's gone

somewhere smokin' rock now, in and out of lock down,

I aint gotta job now, so for you this is just a good time

but for me this is what I call life

What would you do?, if your son was at home

crying all alone on the bedroom floor, cuz he's hungry

and thee only way to feed him is ta sleep wit a man

for a little bit of money, and his daddy's gone

somewhere smokin' rock now, in and out of lock down,

I aint gotta job now, so for you this is just a good time

but for me this is what I call life

hello 1999, how you doin'?

Where's the strippers @ in all this?

he's gonna make a stop in thailand to have sex with a 12 year old boy [shifty eyes]

but dont tell los federales

also:

"I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money."

"Well, not all chicks."

"Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do."