would you buy this?

AJ

$26,500.00

Black on Black 02 Z06 Only 19k miles. Fully loaded--HUD, Dual Zone A/C, 405HP, 6 speed. Your chance to own a low miles Z06 at dirt cheap price!! Car was in a minor rear end collision and ins totalled it and gave salvage title. There was no air bag deployment, no suspension damage as I took it to alignment shop before any repairs and it was perfect. I put all genuine GM parts-rear bumper, both fenders. It still has the Original exhaust, original tail light lenses--it in no way was totalled.

sounds like he is honest about it at least. it would be a good car for me to get so i can mod it for autocross and road racing and still have a nice driver. just wanting some feed back before i offer him my car.

I think its a little high priced for a salvaged car. On auto trader there are a few non salvaged around 26k for a little less. Doesnt the salvaged title effect insurance costs?

most ins. companies will not touch a salvaged car. ( too much risk involed )

as for affecting the ins cost it should be the same price as a accident free car. rate symbols while be the same. Also I don't think banks will give out a car loan for a titled vehilce (not 100% on that thou).

yeah.....thats fishy. it would take a very hard hit to total a zo6. like heavy underbody and frame dmg. its pretty simple, an ins co will total a car if its more cost effective. so your talking about $30k repair......

and why would you want to get rid of your car?

and why would you want to get rid of your car?

i don't have the money to finish it the way it should be finished. i should be able to get enough out of it to buy a vette and still have some cash left over maybe. i doubt it will be going anywhere though most people look at it as not close to being finished but everything is done but body, paint, carpet and a headliner.

I see someone was taking notes at the autox lol. To me a salvage title should not effect the cars value unless there was SERIOUS documented damage, some cars have salvage titles for the dumbest reasons and the insurance company probably "totaled" it so that someone in the company could pick up a cheap sports car, since they are like that. If it is worth that to you.....and it is what other non salvage titled Z06's are going for, then i say jump on it assuming the owner can prove substantial evidence on his/her claims.

I see someone was taking notes at the autox lol.

honestly the suspension on my car handles just as well as a corvette C5 since it was designed to compete with it. on a skid pad it has pulled 1g (not my car, same year with same suspension though) with some more mods it will beat them (ie. stickey tires) but its all about the driver too.

I don't have a problem with a salvage title, but will not pay NEARLY what a clean title car with go for. In the end, that salvage title car will always be harder to sell, and sell for a lot less.

Though the mileage is nice, and would be a great price for a clean title car, it is way too high for a salvage title.

$26,500.00

Black on Black 02 Z06 Only 19k miles. Fully loaded--HUD, Dual Zone A/C, 405HP, 6 speed. Your chance to own a low miles Z06 at dirt cheap price!! Car was in a minor rear end collision and ins totalled it and gave salvage title. There was no air bag deployment, no suspension damage as I took it to alignment shop before any repairs and it was perfect. I put all genuine GM parts-rear bumper, both fenders. It still has the Original exhaust, original tail light lenses--it in no way was totalled.

sounds like he is honest about it at least. it would be a good car for me to get so i can mod it for autocross and road racing and still have a nice driver. just wanting some feed back before i offer him my car.

I'd say give em $20K and it might be worth it. Does the car still have damage? Hell most Z06's are running around that range in good shape, I think $26K is a bit steep for a busted up vette.