Your cable bill??

Putty

Ok look....I just got Time Warner.....I am paying 104.61 a month for phone(said to be unlimited, I have no idea....just there for alarm), Interwebs (said to be the 6mb down...not the cheap one) and cable....I guess I have HD box cause I needed HDMI, so I guess I have digital cable. Thing is....I have no prem channels or a DVR...I have been told I can get cheaper or better rate if I play Insight, Dish, or Direct as a "i'm leaving to them" tool. Well, I did this lastnight and was told there is no way to anything else for less or anything else for the same. WTF?

Oh, I can not get WOW or insight....

Febuary 1st 2008. Due to analog being non exsistant by 2009.

That is very misleading.

Analog will only be gone from over-the-air broadcasts. Cable companies can (and will) still broadcast analog over their cable. ONLY for those sporting the rabbit ears.

That said, cable and dish companies are all for it...more so on cable because a huge source of ingress will just disappear, and uneducated people that sport rabbit ears will feel they are forced to get cable or dish.

Happen in Feb. of 2009. About 10 years later than what originally was planned. You can still buy a set-top box (basically a box with an ATSC tuner) to make your TV pickup over-the-air digital broadcasts. If you have an HD TV with an ATSC tuner already, you are good to go for going the rabbit ear route.

Thanks....I just feel like i'm being took...I started to switch to this killer deal from Dish, but if I drop the cable from TW....The internet goes from $25 in the bundle to $48 and the phone goes from $22 to $31.....so if I add $48+$31+$45 for Dish.....I'm higher than I was with TW.....DAMMIT!!!

I have insight. I have road runner, and basic cable with HD DVR box. This is about $80 after taxes a month. I have I think 80 some channels plus some free On Demand shows. I don't have HBO or Showtime but that doesn't bother me. The TV shows I watch I get so that makes me happy. Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, Sci-Fi, TLC, Discovery Channel, Music on demand stuff, and Speed.

I am happy. I don't have a home phone line though.

Does anyone else end up with like 3 line items for additional services? The only thing I use now is one standard definition DVR, but theres a 'digital converter device', 'digital subscriber box' and 'dvr device' line items for like 7 or 8 dollars a month each. Am I getting taken? Can't I just pay for the DVR? I took over the cable service as-is from another person in the house who moved out, so it was invisible to me until now.

Ok look....I just got Time Warner.....I am paying 104.61 a month for phone(said to be unlimited, I have no idea....just there for alarm), Interwebs (said to be the 6mb down...not the cheap one) and cable....I guess I have HD box cause I needed HDMI, so I guess I have digital cable. Thing is....I have no prem channels or a DVR...I have been told I can get cheaper or better rate if I play Insight, Dish, or Direct as a "i'm leaving to them" tool. Well, I did this lastnight and was told there is no way to anything else for less or anything else for the same. WTF?

Oh, I can not get WOW or insight....

thats what we pay for with phone 7mb internet and digital cable/dvr minus the hd box.

I have WoW and it sucks...going back to time warner!

And why is this? I love it when people say this, and they either have a very correctable issue, have problem paying their bill on time and blame WOW for that, or the most often cause: user and their own equipment problems.

We have WOW I think. We pay like $70/mo for internet and digital cable. Phone is pointless. Putty, what alarm system do you have? You should be able to get a cellular attachment for it so you don't need a phone. Its better anyways. You both have cell phones. No need for a land line.