Official: CR Spring '08 Track Day

MrMeanGreen

National Trail Raceway - Hebron, Ohio (about 25 minutes east of Columbus)

Friday, May 2nd, 2008

Rain date: Wednesday, May 7th, 2008

10am-4pm w/ free admission to Friday NightStreet Fights at NTR, 5-11pm

Max of 80 vehicles

Price: $15 for Senior Members, $25 for regular members and anyone else.

The bad:

I'm sorry, but due to the NHRA cracking down on private track rentals, NTR will be teching our vehicles, although they would "work with us" on some items ;) Norwalk would be doing the same had we went there, or any NHRA track. I'm affected too, now I have to put a cage in my car.

The good:

They're spraying the ENTIRE length of the track with VHT, and will reapply at no cost as needed.

They're supplying everything and everyone except for a water box person.

It's less expensive than Norwalk and most other places, which means that the entry fee will be lower.

They really want us to work with us and make our track events fun and safe, while being close and keeping costs down. We met with them for two hours this morning in the tower and got everything nailed down.

Again, I do apologize for the stricter enforcement of tech, but they make a good point and serve a purpose. If I have to do it, there's no reason anyone else can't. The equipment is there to save your life.

I'll have pricing up this week :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony and I even walked the track to see if we could visibly see anything that could cause issues in the spring. The track should produce some nice numbers if we get the weather we want!!! They really do want our business and appear to be willing to work hard to make it work.

One more thing to keep in mind. If you do run into any issues let someone know about it immediately. This way we can have them fix it during the meet. For example.. if it appears the track needs more spray tell us/them so that the lane can be evaluated.

Its a CR meet so you know its going to be fun! Plus if anything bad happends most of us are less that 35 minutes from home :D

Senior Members will have a two week lead on registration at a slightly reduced price, followed by everyone else.

never been to a past event do most the senior members sign up an only a few spots left for others not senior or are there usually quite a few spots?