How would you get rid of your neighbor?

ImUrOBGYN

Next time they go on vacation, help them have a yard sale!

We buy lawn art. We have a busy body neighbor so I do my best to respectfuly annoy her. She is a pain in the butt. She drives around the neighborhood looking for stuff to report as violations. She has backed off of us. I let it slip to another one of our neighbors that I was planning a dandilion coup on her perfect lawn.

meg posting....

get as many guns and high power weapons, grenades, fake or not...even some molitoff cocktail looking devices...as you can and have them come over and help you move some furniture around. act as fucked up as you can and push the crazy button a few times. add in some anger, paranoia and fear and convince them that the end of the world is coming but not without you taking out a few of the other guys. mention a date in the near future as the day it may happen and if they give two shits about themselves or the kids, they will move the next day.

man up and be more stern. its easy to blow your neighbor off (if you're a typical idiot) when they say "hey, would you mind keeping it down?", or "can you clean up some of the stuff in your yard?"--even if you tell them this multiple times, they may not 'get it'

its time to walk over there with one or more of your neighbors, and politely, but firmly tell them that they are really pissing off EVERYONE that lives in the surrounding area. tell them that you are going to call the police next time they are loud and disruptive (yelling and screaming). give them one month to fix the muffler or you will complain to the police. give them one week to completely clean up their yard or you will complain to the police. document everything.

some people just don't understand subtle hints/clues, and need it put right in their face---"everybody here is ready to complain to the police" needs to be clearly verbalized to them

When they leave for the day, superglue and toothpicks in all door locks.

This sounds like a decent idea I'll keep in mind. The problem here is being caught. There are only two doors. Front door which I would be seen at by their relatives across the street. (Very nosy people as it is.) Have to go into the fence for the back door, but it's a sliding glass. I can freeze that up with some water or alot of glue. I'd have to tackle this at night.

We buy lawn art. We have a busy body neighbor so I do my best to respectfuly annoy her. She is a pain in the butt. She drives around the neighborhood looking for stuff to report as violations. She has backed off of us. I let it slip to another one of our neighbors that I was planning a dandilion coup on her perfect lawn.

meg posting....

Free 'lawn art' right next door. You can come pick it up tonight. :p

Call the police for the noise and the the landlord for everything else. If that does not work call Child services for the living cond. and let it slip you called

It's not so bad I would call Child services. I wouldn't do that to a family unless the children were being seriously abused. Also, I'm trying to remain anonymous so that there isn't any backlash I have to worry about.

Kick their dog.

No animals. Though I wish he'd come in my backyard for some reason. I have dogs. :)

==================================================

I do plan on going through the landlord about the yard and will be confronting them on the Jeep, as well w/backkup from the neighbors so they know it's not just me who's annoyed. Again, I don't like involving the police and while I go through the 'proper channels', I would like to have a few imaginative and fun ways to handle this, as well.

Some things I've had to deal with both as a college student and a General Contractor, which may help:

Bombard the city/county with correspondense; phone calls, certified letters, email, meetings. Some of the most arrogant, cocky, stubborn, and frustrating people on the face of this planet work for your city/county, however they DO listen to the "citizens". Departments like the public works (trash, ect.), health department, and even our uniformed dohnut guzzlers are obligated to help, but you must use bill collector type tactics to get them to act. They have an obligation to correct problems like this with fines, tickets, ect. AND In most cases, the landlord has no other option other than to resolve these issues and evict them.

I've been on both sides of this war. But coming from the "good" side, you must have some sort of documentation to present to the appropriate higher power. I guarantee at some point your complaints will be legitimately heard and dealt with appropriately.

I hope this was helpful...