Interest in Buying or Renting Motorcycle

Dr. Pomade

This may sound like an odd request, and I'm just kind of throwing this out there. Here's the deal: a family friend is looking to buy a street bike, or rent one for his prom this weekend. Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive motorcycle they'd like to sell? Or, does anyone have a motorcycle they'd be willing to rent out for a weekend? I don't think it has to be anything fancy, either. Any street bike would seemingly do. Let me know your thoughts.

Again, this may seem weird, so if I'm way off base here, be gentle. :)

EDIT: Apparently, I've posted in the wrong section - this post is probably better suited for The Corral. Sorry, I'm a moron. Mods/Admins, please move it at your discretion.

Moved to The Daily Ride so I could leave a redirect and move it here. :burn:

Available to rent?

Bike wheel + Prom dress = No Dress

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly what he's thinking, but, hey, the dress has gotta come off sooner or later, amirite?

I have an SV-650s in my garage I'm selling for a friend. $2750 to buy or I'll rent it to him for $3000.

LOL, typo on the last figure, or are you basically saying you aren't interested in renting out your bike?

I'll rent mine, but I'm riding it and he's paying me with his dates snatch.

a/s/l?

This may sound like an odd request, and I'm just kind of throwing this out there. Here's the deal: a family friend is looking to buy a street bike, or rent one for his prom this weekend. Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive motorcycle they'd like to sell? Or, does anyone have a motorcycle they'd be willing to rent out for a weekend? I don't think it has to be anything fancy, either. Any street bike would seemingly do. Let me know your thoughts.

Again, this may seem weird, so if I'm way off base here, be gentle. :)

EDIT: Apparently, I've posted in the wrong section - this post is probably better suited for The Corral. Sorry, I'm a moron. Mods/Admins, please move it at your discretion.

Thinking more of this:

Who's insurance would be covering the High School Kid?

What is his experience?

Does he have a license (not just a Temp)?

This is a pretty big liability to whomever rents out their bike.

JMO.....

:eek:

KillJoy

PS - Hale's Harley Davidson in Mansfield Rents......

No typo, I'm saying not interested in renting it but if you are dumb enough to pay that much to rent it, I'll make an exception and be dumb enough to let you.

Right.

Thinking more of this:

Who's insurance would be covering the High School Kid?

What is his experience?

Does he have a license (not just a Temp)?

This is a pretty big liability to whomever rents out their bike.

JMO.....

:eek:

KillJoy

PS - Hale's Harley Davidson in Mansfield Rents......

I'm not exactly sure with respect to whose insurance would cover what. I was recently told by an insurance company that "the insurance follows the vehicle," so interpret that how you want.

I'm fairly sure he's an adept rider. He rides dirt bikes competitively and has for years. Yes, I know, dirt bikes aren't street bikes. So, I'm just making an assumption here.

Not sure if he has a motorcycle license.

Yeah, I would agree that it's a pretty big liability. Thanks for pointing that out.

Whatever happened to renting a limo?

Not sure, don't care. I'm doing this as a favor for a family friend. He wants to ride a bike to prom, so I'm inquiring about the possibilities of him doing that as favor to him.

Right.

I'm not exactly sure with respect to whose insurance would cover what. I was recently told by an insurance company that "the insurance follows the vehicle," so interpret that how you want.

I'm fairly sure he's an adept rider. He rides dirt bikes competitively and has for years. Yes, I know, dirt bikes aren't street bikes. So, I'm just making an assumption here.

Not sure if he has a motorcycle license.

Yeah, I would agree that it's a pretty big liability. Thanks for pointing that out.

Not sure, don't care. I'm doing this as a favor for a family friend. He wants to ride a bike to prom, so I'm inquiring about the possibilities of him doing that as favor to him.

Outa curiousity how far will he be needing to travel to get from his girlfriends place to the location of the prom?

tilly if my bike was more streetable and not a hand full i would

Thanks, homie - I know you would. :cool:

Okay, update, I think he's decided to go the more traditional route and simply take a limo like everyone else. Thanks for the replies.