Excited about your summer vacations?

TimTaylor751647545500

I am :D Heading back to Maine in two weeks. Thanks to Skybus, we're renting a Pacifica to drive the 15 hrs. Stopping the first night in Albany, NY for a brew-fest they are having, then heading to Spruce Head for a week of kayaking, hiking, relaxing and of course lobster eating. Stopping in Pottsville, PA on the way back to take a tour of the Yuengling plant and maybe get some samples :cool: Also, planning on bringing back a cooler of lobsters for a dinner at our place when we get back for some of our friends that couldn't end up going with us this year.

What do you guys have going on this summer?

taking a nice vacation...havent really ever had a nice one since becoming an "adult" (18+)...me and the g/f went to NC with her parents and another family (like 8 of them with husb/wife, kids, his brother and g/f, and his parents), so having ~12 people in a beach house was decent, but not great

this year i have 7/25-8/2 off and we're flying down to st. augustine beach on saturday afternoon, and not coming back until the following saturday night. my plans are deep sea fishing, drink beer on beach, fish off beach while drinking beer, fish off pier, drink more beer, maybe see a couple light houses, do a couple things she will like, and more beer on beach.

only thing left to pay for is the rental car. already got about 3000-3500$ to blow on vacation if i want...probably wont, but its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, right? lol

taking a nice vacation...havent really ever had a nice one since becoming an "adult" (18+)...me and the g/f went to NC with her parents and another family (like 8 of them with husb/wife, kids, his brother and g/f, and his parents), so having ~12 people in a beach house was decent, but not great

this year i have 7/25-8/2 off and we're flying down to st. augustine beach on saturday afternoon, and not coming back until the following saturday night. my plans are deep sea fishing, drink beer on beach, fish off beach while drinking beer, fish off pier, drink more beer, maybe see a couple light houses, do a couple things she will like, and more beer on beach.

only thing left to pay for is the rental car. already got about 3000-3500$ to blow on vacation if i want...probably wont, but its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, right? lol

+1 for your plans i wish i had time off

i need it. in my line of work (collections), if im not there working, im not making a bonus check, which is where the real $ is...therefore, i dont take much time off. my new job gives me 152 hours of PTO per year, and will only pay out a max of 40 hours at the end of the year...meaning i need to take 14 days off throughout the year just to get down to 40 hours by dec 31. ugh

you took off 3 weeks for a deviated septum surgery? :wtf: :gay: :gay2:

Yep. Doc said at least 2 weeks. I have disability up to 10 weeks paid in full. . why the fuck not take it off?

Remember.. the doc said mine was in his top 10% surgeries .. oh well.. fuck it. 3 weeks away from work is a win anyways :).

I'm going for the first two weeks in August on a road trip with my Grandfather in his RV providing he is still around, hes been in the hospital but is out now and I'm hoping its for good that hes out.

I also plan on coming out there to Cbus to catch up with old friends.

Ok, this cracks me up. We've rented a Pacifica to drive to Maine for our vacation and I thought I'd check to see what these things are getting gas mileage wise, and I discovered there's actually a forum for the Pacifica...lol

http://pacificaworld.com/smf/index.php

Ok, this cracks me up. We've rented a Pacifica to drive to Maine for our vacation and I thought I'd check to see what these things are getting gas mileage wise, and I discovered there's actually a forum for the Pacifica...lol

http://pacificaworld.com/smf/index.php

There's a forum for EVERYTHING!! Even Intrepid performance!

I guess I'm going to the Outer Banks with friends now. Big ol' house on the beach, sweet.