Help ME im not as smart as you!!!

Drewhop

Ok its been about 10 years since i had to do this so i have to say i am not good at this type of stuff.

I need to help her write a cover letter for a job. I can give more details in private but why would i want to get more competition for her.

I tried searching for example cover letters but i did not come up with anything that was actually helpful. Basically what does a cover letter consist of and what is the best way to tailor it to fit a specific job?

Thanks for any help

Andy

Ok its been about 10 years since i had to do this so i have to say i am not good at this type of stuff.

I need to help her write a cover letter for a job. I can give more details in private but why would i want to get more competition for her.

I tried searching for example cover letters but i did not come up with anything that was actually helpful. Basically what does a cover letter consist of and what is the best way to tailor it to fit a specific job?

Thanks for any help

Andy

Read

http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/career/guides/cover_ltr.shtml

• Confused 1

ignore the people saying no cover letter... ALWAYS make a cover letter and also follow up with a thank you letter after the interview. I have always done this and every interview that I've ever been on, I've gotten offered the job.

Andy, I think the link trowa provided is a good one. That website has a lot of helpful hints, and it says to do a lot of what I'd advise.

Cover letters are, IMO, vital. Similarly, as previously posted, follow-up thank you letters are important. When done correctly, both convey a sense of professionalism that can only serve to enhance your chances in obtaining the position. Certainly, there are some professions in which cover letters and the like are more - and less - important. Yet, as a rule of thumb, you should use them.

I can share with you some of the cover letters and follow-up thank you letters that I've used, if you're interested. Good luck with things, and let me know if there's something in particular you think I can help with.

• Confused 1