What You Going To Do When........

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

.....................................................................................................................you see it roaming the streets?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/jevans88/08-25-08003.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/jevans88/08-25-08004.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/jevans88/08-25-08005.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/jevans88/08-25-08006.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/jevans88/08-25-08007.jpg

and no this one is not mine....a friends. :cool:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....................................................................................................................you see it roaming the streets?

Run, so I don't get sucked onto the grill of that thing..

Seriously though, are those nitrous nozzles on the turbo?

And does he REALLY need that much radiator on a DRAG car?

meth injection

did you say "streetable" drag car.......if so that should answer your question.

yes thats crystal meth in a combustion engine......and you thought nitrous was the shit

Run, so I don't get sucked onto the grill of that thing..

Looks like it says Procharger on the blower to me? Looks like it might run ok ;)

meth injection

Before the snail? Seems like the impeller will just centrifuge the meth out of the air. I really think it's supposed to be injected AFTER the compressor. If you have trouble tuning it, check to see if you're just coating the walls of the intake pipe. Part of the benefit of meth is that it will cool the intake charge, so it should be injected after the air is compressed (and therefore heated up.)

did you say "streetable" drag car.......if so that should answer your question.

But he's not going balls-out all the time on the street. A drag car does short bursts. A lot of faster drag cars don't even run radiators, and they don't have the benefit of airflow you get from street driving.

Don't get me wrong, that's a cool idea for fitting more radiator in there. But I think it's overkill for a drag car and he could shed some weight from the nose if he ran with just the forward facing half.

Oh, and because this is CR, I should inform you. If you put a red foam airfilter on that thing for the street, it's gonna look like a clown nose. :D

Before the snail? Seems like the impeller will just centrifuge the meth out of the air. I really think it's supposed to be injected AFTER the compressor. If you have trouble tuning it, check to see if you're just coating the walls of the intake pipe. Part of the benefit of meth is that it will cool the intake charge, so it should be injected after the air is compressed (and therefore heated up.)

I agree, pretty sure the meth will just get cooked when you run it through the compressor like that.... Might help keep the turbo cool though :p

hmmm thats a valid point.......but the man building it is quite knowledgeable about setups like this, im sure there is some explanation for this. hell for all i know it may not be meth at all. its def not nitrous though.

EDIT- turns out its a water injection system, he says he will eventually run a 50/50 meth and water combo in the future

hmmm thats a valid point.......but the man building it is quite knowledgeable about setups like this, im sure there is some explanation for this. hell for all i know it may not be meth at all. its def not nitrous though.

EDIT- turns out its a water injection system, he says he will eventually run a 50/50 meth and water combo in the future

Same issues.. Even moreso with water since it won't evaporate as quickly as Meth. That's what water injection is supposed to do. You inject it into the HOT air after the compressor so that it evaporates and brings the air temp down (potentially below ambient.) If you inject it into the low pressure area before the turbo, the air will actually be cooler and therefore the water will be less likely to evap.

If he's done this before, I guess he knows something I don't.. But from what I'm seeing, and what I know about this stuff, the compressor will just get soaked down. And it will probably go through bearings like crazy as the water drips down onto the impeller shaft.