Norwalk update today (Mark & Jason C6 Z's)

Turbotrio

I love it, half the people posting about cavins car will never own anything half that nice or fast. If I had the money I would buy a built car of that quality, the car is fast as fuck and about as clean as you are going to find. I have no problem keeping my hands clean and having someone else do some work on my cars.

Kenny, if I remember correctly, I have seen you in some t type or GN which are all automatic and take the skill level of a 2 year old to make a pass down the strip with. I follow him home form ips last night and all pulls were 2-4 striping the highway to around 120. No swapping paint with the walls on 71 and in one piece, drove it fine.

Fuck yea it was stripping the highway, after cavin and I got around 670 to 71 and headed home he did at least 4 or 5, 2nd to 4th gear pulls, and with the m/t it still skating at over 100, but he stayed in it in each gear learning the car, back pedaling, shifting quick. I dont care who you are, the car is a handle full and any driver needs hours and hours of seat time to trully be able to handle power levels at that. Good job on driving the car, and starting to race it, a car with that power needs tons of time dialing in and getting it on point.

Oh yea, thanks for the show, its probably the fastest car iv ridin in, 4th gear pulls ftw :bangbang:

• Confused 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad ass times, but don't you think if your going that fast maybe you should at least put a 4 point cage in it?

I'm in the same boat I don't want a cage in my car either, but if you blow a tire goign that fast with no cage your going to get scooped up with a shovel

I tech down to 10.00 at 135... I have a cage, harness, fire jacket, and all sfi equipment... what I don't have is a 10point cage, parachute, hans device, 8.50-9.99 licence, and the physical that goes along with these requirements. I may have these all next year, but this year it just wasn't possible to get them done.

It was nice seeing many of you yesterday and meeting some for the first time. What a beautiful day too!

Cavin, it was nice seeing you at the drag strip. Keep at it and ignore the jealousy. You'll be in the 9's with that set-up very quickly.

I have been as critical on IPS as anyone over some of their previous work ...but I have to admit, you guys have done a very nice job building Mark and Jason's cars. They are both putting done some killer times/traps and you deserve the attention. Good job guys.

As for me, I was really disappointed we weren't able to get a clean pass in the Supra yesterday. We can soft launch the car all day long and like we did the other week, cut 8.32's at 181 with crappy 1.55 60 fts. But when we launch it, we have broken two rear ends and two axles over the last 4 passes. We think our current axle issues are related to the aftermarket diff we are experimenting with, so hopefully once we find the impossible to get OEM TRD, we'll eliminate that issue.....as breaking axles well down the track tends to scare the shit out of you. Per the logs I broke the driver side at about 110. :eek:

I may have gone a bit overboard on the track prep in the right lane too...I told Jerry to double spray the 60....and when we cut that 1.3 60 we also ended up tearing the tire off the wheel and ripped 12 of the screws out of the sidewall. Time for actual bead locks over the winter. But seems to work well for most everyone else!

We should be at the next rental in a couple weeks with a different diff and hopefully see some high 7's before the season ends. :)

• Confused 1

Nice work Cavin, I can see my efforts in toughening you up have paid off. However, you are still banned from going to any bar that requires a cover. What times did you run anyways? I didn't want to sift through the pages of d-bag vs. d-bag to find out.

Oh yeah, people are still trashing out the Doc about his car having such "blazing" speed, that it burned up on the highway...

is this daves personal evo? if so this is a daily driven car which is freaken crazy a 4 cly car running 9's trapping 155 mph. either way all the cars are a peice of car art and I love it.

Saw the video its Dave's car. Ran 9.72 on pump gas with full interior (Maybe the first Evo into the 9's on pump gas?). Ran 9.11 on race gas. That's pretty insane for a fully street driven car.

I tech down to 10.00 at 135... I have a cage, harness, fire jacket, and all sfi equipment... what I don't have is a 10point cage, parachute, hans device, 8.50-9.99 licence, and the physical that goes along with these requirements. I may have these all next year, but this year it just wasn't possible to get them done.

If that doesn't put how fast these cars in perspective nothing will.

I want my car to be fast enough that I need a physical to drive it;-)

Congrats guys - awesome times.

Saw the video its Dave's car. Ran 9.72 on pump gas with full interior (Maybe the first Evo into the 9's on pump gas?). Ran 9.11 on race gas. That's pretty insane for a fully street driven car.

that car was by far one of the most impressive cars launching awd I have seen. spinning all 4 and was getting it...

other than that car, the swizer Porsche turbo car going something like 9.73 at 150+ on 19" HRE's, that was impressive as well.

that car was by far one of the most impressive cars launching awd I have seen. spinning all 4 and was getting it...

other than that car, the swizer Porsche turbo car going something like 9.73 at 150+ on 19" HRE's, that was impressive as well.

tym switzer does amazing work, that is awsome.