Norwalk update today (Mark & Jason C6 Z's)

Turbotrio

The can of worms you enjoy opening.

- Ligenfelter > IPS. Any reasonable person would agree. You guys put some purchased parts together (not burning the car down this time, thankfully) vs. a company that develops their shit.

That said, congrats to Jason and Mark for both having fast cars that are running well.

Didn't IPS build a custom TT vette before that might have caught on fire? :confused: Anyway +1 on amazing cars and times there Jason and Mark.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you dont realize Joe, is that LPE doesnt do *all* their development. Just so happens LPE TT kits are *nearly* identical to APS, the reason is a gentle man named David Inall (not sure how the spelling on the last name is). David is the current lead engineer at air power systems, and is one of the best minds in the turbo industry, remember incon?

They also didnt *develope* a drivetrain to put in that 288k car, it ironically was built and designed with RPM which is who we have had help us with some of the drivetrain. See the pattern it! (and by no means am I implying that what they did engineer is not top notch, as well as their innovation because that again is not arguable.)

Like Jeff said, we are not Ligenfelter never will be. Nothing to argue about there. But its like Brian mentioned its nice to see other people testing the boundries, it only benefits the whole community.

Back to the race day,

Big congradulations goes to David Buschur and his car, just awesome! We have a lot of videos of the car im sure will get hosted!

Jamies car is just spectacular and its power is unreal, mearly the sound of the car doing a burnout made me grin. Im certain they will get the car dialed in, it was insane watching the car go down the track!

Cavins first pass was a good shake down, and it was unfortunate the pipe blew apart after the second burnout! We will have it fixed ready to race again hopefully on saturday! He has a great grasp on the car!

Hope to see everyone out at CR day and other track days!

God dam u guys congrats. So are the top two quickest c6zs are both ips cars then mark and jasons? congrats to you guys man really !

An to the guy hatin... that other vette is I'm assuming a fully built mile car ? Theses vettes r street driven...I see marks everywhere

If lpe is so much better I'm sure they will make a better car untill then quit being a dick, give jason mark an ips credit for having a world record or wait 2 of them

I must say this track rental was the most amazing track day I've ever been too. Here is a list of the cars

New Porsche 911 going low 10's @ 145

New Porsche 911 going high 10's @ 140

That Sweet ass Evo going low 9's @155

Jamies soon to be 7 second Supra

Cavins badass 1krwhp Supra

Then both Z's

Plus there was a 11.5's @ 127 neon and a bunch of other just good running cars. Hell there was an 11 second Caliber! It was like every car there ran 11's.

It was like the stars aligned to get all those cars there at a random track rental and it was amazing watching all the cars run.

My favorite to watch run was that Evo. Mainly because we were going back and forth beating each others times, then my tranny went out and I couldn't catch up. I still had the top MPH at least! lol :) Of course Jamies launch on slicks was sick! :eek:

Thats crazy can not build your own car neither drive it? no offense thats funny as fuck.

I love it, half the people posting about cavins car will never own anything half that nice or fast. If I had the money I would buy a built car of that quality, the car is fast as fuck and about as clean as you are going to find. I have no problem keeping my hands clean and having someone else do some work on my cars.

Kenny, if I remember correctly, I have seen you in some t type or GN which are all automatic and take the skill level of a 2 year old to make a pass down the strip with. I follow him home form ips last night and all pulls were 2-4 striping the highway to around 120. No swapping paint with the walls on 71 and in one piece, drove it fine.

I never said anything about having someone build a car, but whats the point in having a car built then having someone drive it, You dont see anything wrong with that? I am not being a "hater" blah blah it was just funny when someone said he does not even drive it. I am not on here to brag about what I have and what cars I own this and that. I can give a fuck less if he has a geo metro it does not make him any better then anyone else.

And I personally could careless what LPE puts out. 99% of all the cars they make don't get raced or driven at all. Norms car is a one off LPE car that probably has 400k into it. The car has only ever seen like 30 street miles and is only ever driven at track events.

I'd like to see any other Twin Turbo Corvette pull off 30 1krwhp dyno pulls, thousands of street miles, consistant high trap speed passes and have the motor still be alive. I'd love to see it. I can drive my car across country if I wanted to.

And your absolutely right, IPS isn't LPE. LPE woulnd't have stayed late numerous nights till 1am, 2am, 3am etc to get the cars ready for track days to turn around and wake up 2-3 hours later and have several employees go to said track days with the cars.

As far as their own fab work, we paid $15k for the APS twin turbo kits and IPS fab and installed countless upgrades to fix the kit to work properly. Why do you not see more 1krwhp twin turbo APS Corvettes running around?? Because IPS has two huge in house specialty items that they made themselves that nobody in the country has to fix problems that nobody else can solve. Oh and IPS had a LPE TT car in their shop a few weeks ago with the exact same problems we were seeing from the APS kits. So why is it so magical that you don't hear about problems from owners of LPE cars, because the cars aren't raced. People build the cars and put them in their garage until they are tired of looking at them and then turn around and sell the cars for huge losses. I know of a few LPE C6 TT's that have sold for less then 1/3rd of what the cars have in them. Mark's gotten offers for over what he has in his car. Maybe that wont be the case 10 years from now, but that LPE TT 10 years from now sure isn't going to be worth much either.

So your right LPE isn't IPS but sometimes get MUCH more going with a smaller shop that actually cares about you and your car. LPE could give two shits less if they ever build a car faster then mine, and why should they. They'll get their business.

That's my rant.

In for Cavin putting it into the wall or running 14s.

Keny why don't you stop running your mouth for once and actually back up what you have to say. You should bring your 8second 6speed car out to the track on saturday and I would like to see your first few passes, sense your such a experenced driver and have accoplished so much it shouldnt be a problem, thats if you even have one...oh yea you crashed your r6 going 10mph....you stupid bitch....

I never said anything about having someone build a car, but whats the point in having a car built then having someone drive it, You dont see anything wrong with that? I am not being a "hater" blah blah it was just funny when someone said he does not even drive it. I am not on here to brag about what I have and what cars I own this and that. I can give a fuck less if he has a geo metro it does not make him any better then anyone else.

Your fucking retarded......no one drove the car but me....faggot learn how to read......

And I personally could careless what LPE puts out. 99% of all the cars they make don't get raced or driven at all. Norms car is a one off LPE car that probably has 400k into it. The car has only ever seen like 30 street miles and is only ever driven at track events.

I'd like to see any other Twin Turbo Corvette pull off 30 1krwhp dyno pulls, thousands of street miles, consistant high trap speed passes and have the motor still be alive. I'd love to see it. I can drive my car across country if I wanted to.

And your absolutely right, IPS isn't LPE. LPE woulnd't have stayed late numerous nights till 1am, 2am, 3am etc to get the cars ready for track days to turn around and wake up 2-3 hours later and have several employees go to said track days with the cars.

As far as their own fab work, we paid $15k for the APS twin turbo kits and IPS fab and installed countless upgrades to fix the kit to work properly. Why do you not see more 1krwhp twin turbo APS Corvettes running around?? Because IPS has two huge in house specialty items that they made themselves that nobody in the country has to fix problems that nobody else can solve. Oh and IPS had a LPE TT car in their shop a few weeks ago with the exact same problems we were seeing from the APS kits. So why is it so magical that you don't hear about problems from owners of LPE cars, because the cars aren't raced. People build the cars and put them in their garage until they are tired of looking at them and then turn around and sell the cars for huge losses. I know of a few LPE C6 TT's that have sold for less then 1/3rd of what the cars have in them. Mark's gotten offers for over what he has in his car. Maybe that wont be the case 10 years from now, but that LPE TT 10 years from now sure isn't going to be worth much either.

So your right LPE isn't IPS but for that same reason you sometimes get MUCH more going with a smaller shop that actually cares about you and your car. LPE could give two shits less if they ever build a car faster then mine, and why should they. They'll get their business.

That's my rant.

Either fucking way both your cars are fucking amazing, a street car to arrive at the track and pull off 9's is fucking amazing. Good work to ips and the owners.

Your fucking retarded......no one drove the car but me....faggot learn how to read......

Did you pay someone to sit in the car with you to make sure you did everything ok? And yes I did read it was a fucking joke as you could tell from the first time the person said it.

I dont even remember seeing cavin posting up a single thing about the cars he has or drives. Most of the time I see anything its other people that bring up his name and dont know shit about what is going on.

Keny why don't you stop running your mouth for once and actually back up what you have to say. You should bring your 8second 6speed car out to the track on saturday and I would like to see your first few passes, sense your such a experenced driver and have accoplished so much it shouldnt be a problem, thats if you even have one...oh yea you crashed your r6 going 10mph....you stupid bitch....

Have your mother buy me one and I'll be glad to better you with it.

10mph? :lol:

I must say this track rental was the most amazing track day I've ever been too. Here is a list of the cars

New Porsche 911 going low 10's @ 145

New Porsche 911 going high 10's @ 140

:eek:

The 997 actually ran a 9.79 a little later in the day. He was on the rev limiter way before the traps unfortunately as it would have been great to see what it would have fully put down.

He is hoping to make our Oct 3rd rental as I have a spot reserved for him.

I dont even remember seeing cavin posting up a single thing about the cars he has or drives. Most of the time I see anything its other people that bring up his name and dont know shit about what is going on.

Thats the funny thing I dont even know what he drives I have no idea and I do not even act like I do or care, I was just laughing at what the other guy said thats it. I dont even know him

Thanks for all the compliments! It's been a long hard road and it's certainly been worth it!

Mark and I are heading to RPM tomorrow to rebuild both transmissions so we can be ready to go on Saturday! Hopefully they will prep the track real good, I'd love to get my 60's down and maintain traction going down the track to push for an 8 and 160+ traps. I had a few passes that I just couldn't get to come together. Literally spun the entire 1/4 mile because I lost my momentum.