Norwalk update today (Mark & Jason C6 Z's)

Turbotrio

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That trap speed bests the previous record that LPE set with its $288K one-off TT C6Z that trapped 158mph. That car can be seen here:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfelter2006ZO6TTBGB.htm

Jeff

The can of worms you enjoy opening.

- Ligenfelter > IPS. Any reasonable person would agree. You guys put some purchased parts together (not burning the car down this time, thankfully) vs. a company that develops their shit.

- By your own admission from the link, Ligenfelter car put down 1100 RWHP on 93 octane vs. 1049 RWHP on what I presume was race gas

- Ligenfelter car is a 6-speed vs. auto on the IPS cars, so no wonder they are running better at the strip

- Ligenfelter car was developed to be a top speed, 0-200-0, and standing mile type car, not a drag racer.

- 10 years from now, all 3 cars are for sale, which one do you think will have the least amount of depreciation? Hint - it isn't the IPS cars.

Jeff, you love to compare your stuff to Ligenfelter. It doesn't compare. And you have a LONG road ahead if you think IPS could ever be up to par with Ligenfelter. A LONG road.

That said, congrats to Jason and Mark for both having fast cars that are running well.

The can of worms you enjoy opening.

- Ligenfelter > IPS. Any reasonable person would agree. You guys put some purchased parts together (not burning the car down this time, thankfully) vs. a company that develops their shit.

- By your own admission from the link, Ligenfelter car put down 1100 RWHP on 93 octane vs. 1049 RWHP on what I presume was race gas

- Ligenfelter car is a 6-speed vs. auto on the IPS cars, so no wonder they are running better at the strip

- Ligenfelter car was developed to be a top speed, 0-200-0, and standing mile type car, not a drag racer.

- 10 years from now, all 3 cars are for sale, which one do you think will have the least amount of depreciation? Hint - it isn't the IPS cars.

Jeff, you love to compare your stuff to Ligenfelter. It doesn't compare. And you have a LONG road ahead if you think IPS could ever be up to par with Ligenfelter. A LONG road.

That said, congrats to Jason and Mark for both having fast cars that are running well.

Marriage makes you an angry man!

wow im not here to debate who is better company, im here to check in with more times.

+1.. but if I were them I would actually be more proud of the times since it's beating a major company and doing so with less power. Nice work guys.

P.S. They are way too rich to care about resale values :p

+1.. but if I were them I would actually be more proud of the times since it's beating a major company and doing so with less power. Nice work guys.

I am sure Ligenfelter could have bought those same off the shelf parts and done the same thing too.......

It is nice to see other companies have developed packages for motors/turbos/drivetrains that, when people with the funding and desire put them together, can perform so well.

P.S. They are way too rich to care about resale values :p

Yeah im sure they are really not worried about re sale when you have money to do things like this. Not to be nosey but what does calvin do to afford toys like this at 18 years old? Im 25 been through school, make decent money, no kids and still can not even come close to afford the things he does. I am def in the wrong job or somthing.

Yeah im sure they are really not worried about re sale when you have money to do things like this. Not to be nosey but what does calvin do to afford toys like this at 18 years old? Im 25 been through school, make decent money, no kids and still can not even come close to afford the things he does. I am def in the wrong job or somthing.

His mom makes some kick ass cookies, and he won a lawsuit or something like that

Buschur just went 9.3x @ 155 in their EVO and Jamie made his first pass in the Supra and had to lift. Brandon said it was all over the place so hopefully he manages to get a clean pass in today :)

Jeff

is this daves personal evo? if so this is a daily driven car which is freaken crazy a 4 cly car running 9's trapping 155 mph. either way all the cars are a peice of car art and I love it.

I am sure Ligenfelter could have bought those same off the shelf parts and done the same thing too.......

It is nice to see other companies have developed packages for motors/turbos/drivetrains that, when people with the funding and desire put them together, can perform so well.

Lingenfelter is one of the few companies that is able to make their own parts. I dont want to get into a debate but Lingenfelter pays people to copy parts from other manufacturers just so that they can put their name on it.

If it wasnt for them having the previous best time I dont think their name would have been mentioned. I wouldnt doubt that after hearing about this Lingenfelter tweaks their setup and goes for the crown again.. lord knows they have the resources to.... But until then Jason and Mark are the shiznit :cool:

Jeff, you love to compare your stuff to Ligenfelter.

Comparing IPS to LPE is idiotic so thanks for demonstating that lol.

I compared Jason's trap-speed to the previous record-holder -- plain and simple. Whether the car was a MTI car or a Vette Doctors car or a Katech car or Pratt & Miller car is completely irrelevant. We didn't even know the LPE car had trapped 158 until two weeks ago when a guy on CF that drove the car posted up a slip.

When Mark went 9.66 we did quite a bit of surfing to see what the current fastest C6Z was before claiming anything and couldn't find a thing. When I posted on here that it was, I reference the "Quick List" on Corvette Forum and compared his time to the previous record holder which I believe was a 9.9 but he wasn't affiliated with any particular shop. With that confirmed we were also told his 150.66 was the highest trap until the LPE driver posted up a slip. Now Jason has both :)

If this bothers you so much call up LPE and tell them to get a car (Not the yellow car on the site since it was built to run the mile) and beat us lol

Jeff

You guys put some purchased parts together (not burning the car down this time, thankfully) vs. a company that develops their shit.

Go count how many Auto-swapped C6Zs there are running around before you say all we did was bolt parts on :) There are at least three parts on the car that are official "IPS" products that were developed here and a flat-out necessity to make the set-ups work. Ask Mark or Jason privately, we have reverse-engineered so much of the APS kits they call them IPS kits lol.

I posted the link to reference the car. Yes the car made great power and for $288K it certainly should have. The one-off top-mount turbo set-up uses quite a bit larger turbos which equals more power. Not hard to follow. Mark & Jasons cars are strictly limited by turbo right now, not engine or tuning or anything else. If they care to make more it is a very easy thing to swap out the existing GT35R's with the new billet versions if they really care or think they need more.

If the time comes to where they decide to run the mile and they "Only" go 223 or 220mph or whatever to LPE's 226 then please talk all the shit you want. Until then, you are getting all excited over absolutely nothing (Like usual).

Jeff

We should all get along about cars not always fight about this and that, we should be proud that a fellow columbus racing member's car is getting the attention it deserves, and doing it legal. we are prolly going to get 100 newbies to join just because everyone seeing his car.

Final update:

Buschur's EVO went 9.1 @ 155 (FLYING!!)

Cavin had to lift his first pass and the second he blew-off an FMIC pipe and damaged it enough to where they couldn't get it to seal at the track so that was it. Jamie had to swap over to DR's on the Supra and being extremely traction limited it went low 10s @ 155ish.

Jason & Mark packed it up for the day and with any luck both will be ready to go on Saturday :)

Jeff

Final update:

Buschur's EVO went 9.1 @ 155 (FLYING!!)

Cavin had to lift his first pass and the second he blew-off an FMIC pipe and damaged it enough to where they couldn't get it to seal at the track so that was it. Jamie had to swap over to DR's on the Supra and being extremely traction limited it went low 10s @ 155ish.

Jason & Mark packed it up for the day and with any luck both will be ready to go on Saturday :)

Jeff

sucks for jamie and calvin, but there is always other times. sounds like everyone had a blast.