Norwalk update today (Mark & Jason C6 Z's)

Turbotrio

The 997 actually ran a 9.79 a little later in the day. He was on the rev limiter way before the traps unfortunately as it would have been great to see what it would have fully put down.

He is hoping to make our Oct 3rd rental as I have a spot reserved for him.

I think we are going to try and get everyone to skip the CR rental and go to RPM's rental in Indiana. Trails wont let us run so it's pointless even going. If someone wants my spot they can have it. :(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do not wrench on your car, or drive your car to get the time..... it is not YOUR time.

End of story.

If you can pay to have a fast car :thumbup: I don't care HOW you go there....built it, bought it...whatever!

As for this Thread.... BAD ASS!!!!! Those times are FUCKING AWESOME for a STREET CAR!!!

For a LOCAL shop to have it.... that is FUCKING AWESOME!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Thanks for all the compliments! It's been a long hard road and it's certainly been worth it!

Mark and I are heading to RPM tomorrow to rebuild both transmissions so we can be ready to go on Saturday! Hopefully they will prep the track real good, I'd love to get my 60's down and maintain traction going down the track to push for an 8 and 160+ traps. I had a few passes that I just couldn't get to come together. Literally spun the entire 1/4 mile because I lost my momentum.

What type of suspension is on the cars?

If you do not wrench on your car, or drive your car to get the time..... it is not YOUR time.

End of story.

Mark and Jason didnt build their cars so your saying it isnt there time?

Is it THEIR cars?

If it IS their cars, then YES, it is THEIR time. If they are the test pilots for a customer.... YES, it is THEIR time.

If neither.... than no. They bought a timeslip.

KillJoy

Is it THEIR cars?

If it IS their cars, then YES, it is THEIR time. If they are the test pilots for a customer.... YES, it is THEIR time.

If you neither.... than no. They bought a timeslip.

KillJoy

Ok whats your point...you make no sense......are you saying it isnt my car? Also how many times do I have to make myself clear No one but me drove my car today....

Ok whats your point...you make no sense......are you saying it isnt my car? Also how many times do I have to make myself clear No one but me drove my car today....

Uhhh......

:confused:

If YOU drive YOUR car.... you built or not... it is your time. No argument there.

If you buy the car, someone else drives it, it is NOT your time. Period.

Are we argueing the same point? If so....

:thumbup:

KillJoy

So everyone knows a slight history on this particular supra Cavin is fortunate to have; it has not made any crazy passes at the track, its not perfectly set to just go click off 8's or what ever it may be capiable of in the very short future. Its close to set up just some minor adjustments (Cavin raced on ccws today and never having driven this car on the strip and it did have some intercooler piping issues which upset the car)

iBut Cavin is doing what it takes ; seat time and some hard work! Cavin has the right mentality, and that is, practice makes perfect. We are going to continue to support him and his progress with this car! Its just a down right amazing car no matter who *did the wrenching*, its not as if Cavin just sits there an does nothing he is very involved in the process of getting this car down the track at some great times!

I think we can just relax ,and I hope we will see more people out again soon!

Also Tym needs a congrats with that Porsche, what he is venturing into is incredible!

So everyone knows a slight history on this particular supra Cavin is fortunate to have; it has not made any crazy passes at the track, its not perfectly set to just go click off 8's or what ever it may be capiable of in the very short future. Its close to set up just some minor adjustments (Cavin raced on ccws today and never having driven this car on the strip and it did have some intercooler piping issues which upset the car)

iBut Cavin is doing what it takes ; seat time and some hard work! Cavin has the right mentality, and that is, practice makes perfect. We are going to continue to support him and his progress with this car! Its just a down right amazing car no matter who *did the wrenching*, its not as if Cavin just sits there an does nothing he is very involved in the process of getting this car down the track at some great times!

I think we can just relax ,and I hope we will see more people out again soon!

Also Tym needs a congrats with that Porsche, what he is venturing into is incredible!

Hey, thanks for all the help today and late last night to get the car up and running, big thanks to IPS for taking the extra time and effort.

Cavin was the only person in his car all day I can attest to that! As for instructions, I am pretty sure that every single racer at every single track in the country has had some help from someone, that being said, I am pretty sure he didn't pay anyone to help him a bit, as a matter of fact there were plenty of people offering up advice for free and I believe he did fine for his first time in the car.

As for all the haters out there, if you had what he had you would be getting the same crap because plain and simply people are just jelous. Who cares how he got whatever he has. I don't see anyone else asking how Anthony got his TA or Brian got his TA or Ray got his, or I got my Z or Jason got his Z.

I don't post much on this site because of all the baby bullshit. Let the guy have fun in his car, and if you want to rag on him, at least come to the track and watch and see for yourself.

Now Back on topic... I believe someone once said that these cars will never trap 160MPH! well, Jason's car is only .84MPH away from it. Anyone want to bet if he gets that last little bit or not???

Congrats on some great runs today Jason. Tomorrow will be another long day, and we expect to put on a pretty good show up at Dragway 42!

They let me run in the 10s a few weeks ago...

No cage :)

We can run 10's there, the problem is we are working towards 8's... they told me if I ever run a 9.99 or faster there again without the proper equipment they would call NHRA and have me blackballed from every track in the country...

Just not worth it IMO

Wish I could come... but I am not going to run that slow anymore if I can help it.

Cavin was the only person in his car all day I can attest to that! As for instructions, I am pretty sure that every single racer at every single track in the country has had some help from someone, that being said, I am pretty sure he didn't pay anyone to help him a bit, as a matter of fact there were plenty of people offering up advice for free and I believe he did fine for his first time in the car.

As for all the haters out there, if you had what he had you would be getting the same crap because plain and simply people are just jelous. Who cares how he got whatever he has. I don't see anyone else asking how Anthony got his TA or Brian got his TA or Ray got his, or I got my Z or Jason got his Z.

I don't post much on this site because of all the baby bullshit. Let the guy have fun in his car, and if you want to rag on him, at least come to the track and watch and see for yourself.

Now Back on topic... I believe someone once said that these cars will never trap 160MPH! well, Jason's car is only .84MPH away from it. Anyone want to bet if he gets that last little bit or not???

Congrats on some great runs today Jason. Tomorrow will be another long day, and we expect to put on a pretty good show up at Dragway 42!

I got my TA from a crackhead in Maine if you really must know :p The mods on the other hand... I purchased from monk and had a ninja install them.

Nice runs today.You better top those times Saturday so I can have video of it!!!!!!!!!!!

We can run 10's there, the problem is we are working towards 8's... they told me if I ever run a 9.99 or faster there again without the proper equipment they would call NHRA and have me blackballed from every track in the country...

Just not worth it IMO

Wish I could come... but I am not going to run that slow anymore if I can help it.

bad ass times, but don't you think if your going that fast maybe you should at least put a 4 point cage in it?

I'm in the same boat I don't want a cage in my car either, but if you blow a tire goign that fast with no cage your going to get scooped up with a shovel