have you ever? question for married guys

wnaplay1647545503

Some of you are giving me more reasons to keep single. If you've got the money to buy a vehicle, I don't see what the problem would be. But from what I hear, your money = her money after marriage.

not exactly, its now "our" money. When you get married you need to start saving for a house, kids, retirement, etc. So buying a car usually affects all of those, unless its like a junker.

This keeps getting better. Now the guy tells me the car is not drivable and will need to be towed from sandusky. The ad clearly states the car runs great but could use a new clutch or cable. I took that to mean that it is still able to be driven.

i have a car trailer.

As Assured risk said....I bought the car for my wife without her knowing ;) I then also built it without my wifes permission...so i bought her an Acura MDX...she did not complain :cool:

When I bought my Altima, I told my wife I was buying it and weighed the pro's and con's about it with her.... I never asked, but involving her in the entire process (as well as taking her down to the dealership and letting her test drive it also) really made the whole car buying process better since I got home and Wifey was happy about the purchase as well....

now if it's a 500 dollar beater, just tell her.... let her know what you are wanting to do with it and be done with it. If they can go out and blow 200 dollars on getting their hair and nails done once a month, what does a 500 dollar purchase once a year really mean? A bunch of smaller purchases still add up to just as much if not more than one big purchase.

So thats what married life is like? having to ask permission?

No, that's not what it is like.

My wife and I keep our finances 100% seperate. No joint accounts/credit cards.

As long as we can each pay our portion of the bills (along with our own car/CC payments, etc.), there isn't a damn thing to say. I buy stuff all the time, it arrives, and she has never questioned any of it. Ever. Now she might make a comment if I bought something I clearly couldn't afford, but so would anyone else I know as well.

So if I went out and bought a car, she wouldn't have a problem with it, even if I didn't tell her. That said, I'd tell her, because she is someone I tell everything to. But just for conversation (and perhaps her opinion), never for permission.

I would not buy any car without telling my wife first. IMHO that is a sign of an unhealthy relationship.

Holy shit, I agree with this man! ;) Seriously, if you're married, why do you have to hide it, anyway? You're in this life together, now. It seems pretty simple to me.

Note: The following post is directed at nobody in particular.

Why is there a problem if you discuss it with her first?

If you're using money form a joint account or equivalent, you owe her the respect to speak with her about how you spend you and your wife's money. That's it. There is no excuse for any other action.

If you're using your own money, you know if that money is needed for something less selfish and/or to help the family. You deserve to be treated like an asshole by her if that's the case.

If that's not the case, then why is there a problem with speaking to her about it in the first place? Only because you're worried she'll complain? (Don't be a pussy. :rolleyes: ) So, you break her trust and that's better? It's not. It's selfish and childish.

If it's your money, and truly extra money, then tell her what you're going to do with it. It's yours, you've earned it. You're not doing anything wrong and you're going about it the right way. If she has a problem, then dammit, that's her problem. But, try to find out why it's a problem. I find women will generally go along with whatever you want as long as you validate their feelings and reasons, whether you agree with them or not.

You're both adults, try acting like it.

its not about hiding anything. my wife goes shopping and buys without telling me...when i shop its for cars and bikes...honestly she doesnt care cuz i have what I call play money. I take 10% of what I make during the winter and do with it as i wish. so i spoil myself once a year...i spoil my wife allllll year..nothing unhealthy about that...and I did buy the car for her originally....but she didnt like it enough...no biggy I bought her another.

Holy shit, I agree with this man! ;) Seriously, if you're married, why do you have to hide it, anyway? You're in this life together, now. It seems pretty simple to me.

Note: The following post is directed at nobody in particular.

Why is there a problem if you discuss it with her first?

If you're using money form a joint account or equivalent, you owe her the respect to speak with her about how you spend you and your wife's money. That's it. There is no excuse for any other action.

If you're using your own money, you know if that money is needed for something less selfish and/or to help the family. You deserve to be treated like an asshole by her if that's the case.

If that's not the case, then why is there a problem with speaking to her about it in the first place? Only because you're worried she'll complain? (Don't be a pussy. :rolleyes: ) So, you break her trust and that's better? It's not. It's selfish and childish.

If it's your money, and truly extra money, then tell her what you're going to do with it. It's yours, you've earned it. You're not doing anything wrong and you're going about it the right way. If she has a problem, then dammit, that's her problem. But, try to find out why it's a problem. I find women will generally go along with whatever you want as long as you validate their feelings and reasons, whether you agree with them or not.

You're both adults, try acting like it.

The world will now end. Well said!

My dad bought a brand new 120k semi without telling anyone in the family, it was so funny id come over and check their mail for them and they would get "thank you from volvo" cards. I was like wtf no one here has a volvo. A few weeks later he broke down and finally told me and my mother, but by this time we already knew. If you know my dad thats the things he does.

I would not buy any car without telling my wife first. IMHO that is a sign of an unhealthy relationship.

first time i've ever agreed with rick.

i've gotten permission to buy all the cars i have, as well as permission to buy another one this august--stay tuned

Ya, kinda. Just traded in our 04 escalade on a new one.. sent her a txt pic and told her.. hey, I'm going to buy this.... Picked it up the next day.

But I have threatened to come home in a new Z06 or porsche.. She just gives "the look"

what did u edit out ? lol