If you made $100K a year...

Mensan

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you bring that up. I've read that on a couple occasions, and even found myself browsing auto-trader for them. One of these days I will go drive one and prove to myself its not a chick car, or a "girly porsche" as one fellow put it.

It is amazing how cheap they have become....

;)

Funny you bring that up. I've read that on a couple occasions, and even found myself browsing auto-trader for them. One of these days I will go drive one and prove to myself its not a chick car, or a "girly porsche" as one fellow put it.

It is amazing how cheap they have become....

;)

I'll let you drive mine. ;)

i agree with the whole "100k really aint much" statement.... unless you are young and single, then it's alot of money...

100k with a family and a decent house is chump change.

Verse, you said you'd drive an ISF... to own that car comfortably you'd need to be single and not ahve alot of expenses...

i agree with the whole "100k really aint much" statement.... unless you are young and single, then it's alot of money...

100k with a family and a decent house is chump change.

Verse, you said you'd drive an ISF... to own that car comfortably you'd need to be single and not ahve alot of expenses...

Payments would be around $1300 a month and would leave me $7000 left over a month. I'd be fine with that. If you're looking at it like the gov't is taking 30% it'd still leave me $4500 a month left over.

Payments would be around $1300 a month and would leave me $7000 left over a month. I'd be fine with that. If you're looking at it like the gov't is taking 30% it'd still leave me $4500 a month left over.

Single you would get about 60k/year after ALL your taxes.

so $5k/month net

Federal tax on 100k is $21,717 before deductions. State and local are obviously significantly less. Tack on a few exemptions and you can get your net pay per check a bit higher at the sacrifice of a heaftier return.

When you look at the tax brackets, you are paying that percentage between the range of income... ie. on your first $8025 you pay 10%, $8026-$33950 you pay 15%... etc. One doesnt pay a full 28% as soon as he makes $78,852.

Federal tax on 100k is $21,717 before deductions. State and local are obviously significantly less. Tack on a few exemptions and you can get your net pay per check a bit higher at the sacrifice of a heaftier return.

When you look at the tax brackets, you are paying that percentage between the range of income... ie. on your first $8025 you pay 10%, $8026-$33950 you pay 15%... etc. One doesnt pay a full 28% as soon as he makes $78,852.

Someone who knows taxes. Finally.