What do you do for back pain?

Twistedrx7

That may be true. But it should not give you a god complex like you have. The reason you guys feel threatened by guys like me

no god complex here. i just know what i do, and i know what you do. i know what training is involved to become a physician, and i have a good idea what training is involved to become a chiro. i do primarily hip and knee replacement surgery--chiros will be no threat to me. if potential patients are dumb enough to think that you can do anything (more than i) to help them with their painfully arthritic joints (that have no cartilage left), then they are not smart enough to follow my simple post-operative instructions, and i wouldn't operate on them anyways.

we tell people the truth about health.

just out of curiosity, what 'truth' do you tell someone when you see a bone mass on one of their x-rays???

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no god complex here. i just know what i do, and i know what you do. i know what training is involved to become a physician, and i have a good idea what training is involved to become a chiro. i do primarily hip and knee replacement surgery--chiros will be no threat to me. if potential patients are dumb enough to think that you can do anything (more than i) to help them with their painfully arthritic joints (that have no cartilage left), then they are not smart enough to follow my simple post-operative instructions, and i wouldn't operate on them anyways.

Since you Know what I do, why dont you give me a lecture on biomechanics, and nutrition. My guess is you know nothing about either.

The difference between chiros and medics is we are polar opposite. We strive to keep people healthy BEFORE they need to have medical intervention. Medical docs don't have much to offer people until they are sick and the body is shutting down.

When is the last time you were able to change someone life before they are on the operating table. My role is to help people correct issues before they get to the level that drugs or surgery is needed.

just out of curiosity, what 'truth' do you tell someone when you see a bone mass on one of their x-rays???

Go get pre paid funeral.

When is the last time you were able to change someone life before they are on the operating table. My role is to help people correct issues before they get to the level that drugs or surgery is needed.

its human nature to avoid seeking medical attention until there is a crisis--there's nothing i can do about that. we treat knee arthritis for years with anti-inflammatory medications and cortisone/hyaluronic acid shots--years.

i will often see a patient with these x-rays the first time they're in the office. they've tried to stay active, take anti-inflammatory medications, glucosamine, and can no longer walk without a cane. what's your treatment plan for this patient??

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9546/djdknee12qs2.jpg

and in trauma situations, i'm obviously unable to change their life before surgery is required--are you able to??

its human nature to avoid seeking medical attention until there is a crisis--there's nothing i can do about that. we treat knee arthritis for years with anti-inflammatory medications and cortisone/hyaluronic acid shots--years.

i will often see a patient with these x-rays the first time they're in the office. they've tried to stay active, take anti-inflammatory medications, glucosamine, and can no longer walk without a cane. what's your treatment plan for this patient??

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9546/djdknee12qs2.jpg

and in trauma situations, i'm obviously unable to change their life before surgery is required--are you able to??

Were you to blind to read my post you quoted? I said my role is to keep them out of there before they need you type of treatment. Do you think that persons' knee pain started just before he rolled into your office? NO. He or she had alot of years of abuse before that. Did you ever think that the person in that x-ray may have had an arch that was giving out 40 years before. If he or she would have seen someone about that arch before all the damage is done, they would no be in that position.

Since you want to load a question. Here is one for you.

You have a 12 year old male child that has asthma on a sucking albuterol like a mad man. Missing 45 days of school per year. Cant lead a normal childhood because he sucks on a inhaler all day. Kid is gaining weight at a frantic pace due to inactivity. Has been to primary doc, and several pulminologist with no help. What do you do?

Or how about this one. Young lady 25 years old. Has chronic heart burn. has limited her diet severly due to the pain that is associated with most foods. Has been on tums, prilosec, pepcid, tagament, zantac etc. Has been scoped and had no ulcer. She is losing sleep at night, taking its toll at work. Been to primary doc and gastroenterologist. Symptom present for 5 years. What do you do?

These are real people in my office. Nothing is helping drug wise and life is not good for either of these people. Since you have told every on here you know what I do, why don't you tell me what I did to help both of these people?

The end result for the 12 year old in no more asthma within two months. He has not touched and inhaler in 8 years. The lady heart burn issues were resolved in 30 days. Both of these case are not rare occurrences in my office.

good luck i asked that question on page one still waiting for them to stop their cock fighting

See a doctor to find out what's really going on. Not poking fun at you...but seriously...call Dr. Rick and have him set up a look see at the x-rays at least. Like Chiro's or not, see him. You need to figure out what's broken in order to fix it. Drugs are just going to mask the problem. At the very least you get a reasonably priced look-see and opinion on what is wrong or can be done.

Before anyone chimes in with remarks...I've used both Chiro's and MD's. I have two of each in my family and have been through a lumpectomy back in my days too. Have been fine since.

You answer was at post 3. I you want someone in Columbus to look at you, call Dr. Scott Gillis 818-0000. Tell him Dr. Rick sent you. You need to have someone look at the problem. Getting a diagnosis over the internet is a little tough.

i have bad neck issue, and my back is a tad jacked up as well. dr. rick i may come see you

how far is your office from hilliard?

1hr 10 minutes.

I you want someone closer see Dr. Scott Gillis. He is in Westerville. 818-0000

Guest 614Streets

Quick fixes for back problems are what everybody wants , especially for anyone who has had back pain so servere that lightning bolts of pain strike down your legs , Im talking an extreme amount of pain that leaves you immobile , screaming audibly just to get out of bed or move your leg , pain that didn't decrease for 4 - 5 months.

Only Time has healed my back problems , just like a torn muscle , those nerves of mine needed alot of time to heal. I fully expect to be wrecked again and have a flair up.

Don't know how many of you can relate to that kind of pain , but its devistating.

I wore a $50 back brace , Dr. scholls I belive, during work since I worked and continue to work on cars by myself I began Implementing ways to avoid stretching out my nerves daily to a point that they would flair up with pain and not heal.

Things like not leaning over a car past a certain amount of degrees for extended amounts of time. I think its harder on the guys with leaner taller builds because all the leverage working against your lower back.

Also big deal for me was to get off my king sized bed for awhile and do some nights on the floor and some on the couch , no big pillows under the neck , and my gf at the time had told me to keep my feet raised under a pillow while laying down.

I know the spinal cord isnt a muscle but it stretches and heals like one , just in my personal experience , takes alot longer to heal , but you can make it stronger IMO.

Were you to blind to read my post you quoted? I said my role is to keep them out of there before they need you type of treatment. Do you think that persons' knee pain started just before he rolled into your office? NO. He or she had alot of years of abuse before that. Did you ever think that the person in that x-ray may have had an arch that was giving out 40 years before. If he or she would have seen someone about that arch before all the damage is done, they would no be in that position..

you think that is from a bad arch ?? this particular patient has rheumatoid arthritis. and you would be surprised how many people come into our offices with x-rays like that and don't complain of pain.

These are real people in my office. Nothing is helping drug wise and life is not good for either of these people. Since you have told every on here you know what I do, why don't you tell me what I did to help both of these people?

let me guess, you changed their diet, and they were all better. yeah, that's a cute bedtime story.

You 2 really need to STFU and get over it. This bullshit gives doctors a bad wrap - on both sides.

You two have a love hate relationship, we get that - but you both do good by your patients.

Here's the question: IF Rick had a client that needed surgery, would he send him to Kirk AND IF Kirk had a patient that needs to pursue surgical alternatives, would he send him to Rick?

Would you 2 faggots refer to one another? If so, then stfu. If not, carry on - becasue you both are so smart.

You 2 really need to STFU and get over it. This bullshit gives doctors a bad wrap - on both sides.

You two have a love hate relationship, we get that - but you both do good by your patients.

Here's the question: IF Rick had a client that needed surgery, would he send him to Kirk AND IF Kirk had a patient that needs to pursue surgical alternatives, would he send him to Rick?

Would you 2 faggots refer to one another? If so, then stfu. If not, carry on - becasue you both are so smart.

The short answer is no I would not refer to Kirk. Not that he is a bad doc, he is too full of him self and does not understand that their are alternatives to what he does.

I have surgeons I refer to when needed. Larry Tood D.O. William Zerick M.D. Rebecca Brightman M.D. All three of these people have proven to me they have the patients best interest in mind. I just don't see the from Kirk. When he get more experience under his belt and matures his attitude may change a bit. When MD's get out of school some have a very bad attitude with regard to anything that is non medical. Time will change him.

1hr 10 minutes.

I you want someone closer see Dr. Scott Gillis. He is in Westerville. 818-0000

x2 on Scott. He was a reference from my brother in law and sister in law (Both Chiro's in Orgeon). I believe they went to school with him.

He performed wonders on my wife when she was pregnant with our son and having all kinds of pain in her back and neck.

If you want to talk about stats the AMA Journal Jan 97 said prescription drugs kill more than 140,000 people per year. Those are not my stats.

How many of the deaths were due to people who were using prescription drugs that weren't prescribed to them? Once again, look further into the #'s. I guess I have the problem of not just reading a statistic and taking it for what it looks like. I'm sure there are problems/reactions to medications. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that the #'s most likely include all related deaths and some of those people were most likely abusing that prescription.

Here's the question: IF Rick had a client that needed surgery, would he send him to Kirk AND IF Kirk had a patient that needs to pursue surgical alternatives, would he send him to Rick?.

no, i would not refer to him. he's obviously got a chip on his shoulder regarding physicians in general, certainly stemming from some interaction in the past with one of his family members and a physician. he will NOT change with time.

i will not rely on referrals from chiros. i don't treat back pain, and there's no possible reason any hip/knee arthritis patient should be seeing a chiro for this, to get referred to me in the first place. i also do a lot of surgery for fractures, and again, there's no reason why any of these patients would have seen rick.

Edited by kirks5oh

x2 on Scott. He was a reference from my brother in law and sister in law (Both Chiro's in Orgeon). I believe they went to school with him.

He performed wonders on my wife when she was pregnant with our son and having all kinds of pain in her back and neck.

Scott is who got me into Chiropractic. I have know him since I was 16. He is a good guy.

How many of the deaths were due to people who were using prescription drugs that weren't prescribed to them? Once again, look further into the #'s. I guess I have the problem of not just reading a statistic and taking it for what it looks like. I'm sure there are problems/reactions to medications. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that the #'s most likely include all related deaths and some of those people were most likely abusing that prescription.

I will try to pull the article for you. One common theme in any of the article about iatrogenic/drug reaction deaths is they are under reported. Most article on the subject will state in them the author suspect the numbers to be higher due to the reluctance of doctors and hospitals to report the deaths as errors or reactions

no, i would not refer to him. he's obviously got a chip on his shoulder regarding physicians in general, certainly stemming from some interaction in the past with one of his family members and a physician. he will NOT change with time.

i will not rely on referrals from chiros. i don't treat back pain, and there's no possible reason any hip/knee arthritis patient should be seeing a chiro for this, to get referred to me in the first place. i also do a lot of surgery for fractures, and again, there's no reason why any of these patients would have seen rick.

Talk about chips

Can I get some ruffles?

this ebattle has been entertaining. I think there is a need for both so I will not takes side. However, I am all about TRYING a chiro before going to a med dr.

Rick- do you know dr diffendirfer is circleville?