What car would you buy for 25k?

Aaron

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What car would you consider if you wanted to spend 25k this year. The car would be your ONLY car and daily driven in rain, snow, salt etc. Car would need to be fun to drive, and handle well. AWD and RWD is preferred, but FWD MIGHT be ok. Options such as Xenon lights, leather etc are preferred as well.

Oh and the kicker is that it MUST have a warranty of at least 2 years.

As you can tell I am going to be buying myself a car towards the end of this year, but am completely bi-polar when it comes to cars. Looking forward to the responses.

Thanks.

Getting rid of your VW already ?

See Signature in most of my threads. Here are some pics for you. Hands down the most fun I've had for cheap money. In my case I wanted brand new as I had no interest in a hand-me-down turbo or like car. It's FWD, but hey, it's not a drag race car and in the twisties, she'll corner with the best of them regardless. You can kick the tail out nicely with the Stability system off and there's plenty of power to pull her straight again.

• Quick, high 13's with good shifting.
  • Excellent Mid-range power. 3rd through 5th is a shear blast around town.
  • Xenon lights, leather/alcantara seats, 6-Disc Bose Sound w/mp3 ability and aux jack, Auto Wipers, Excellent supportive seats, etc.
  • Handling that makes me not miss my S2000 like I used to
  • Great warranty
  • Decent mpg's. Spirited driving and I'm pulling down 22mpg in the burbs.
  • Cheap insurance and a stealthy car on the roads so no po-po looks when you cruise by.
  • Relatively rare...only 5k per year made
  • Quite honestly the best bang out there outside the new WRX.

Personally, I'd rock one of the 09 Subi's but I would have to have it loaded and the price climbs quickly. Mine was under $24k OTD.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/106063980/medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/104961667/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/101312399/medium.jpg

Getting rid of your VW already ?

See Signature in most of my threads. Here are some pics for you. Hands down the most fun I've had for cheap money. In my case I wanted brand new as I had no interest in a hand-me-down turbo or like car. It's FWD, but hey, it's not a drag race car and in the twisties, she'll corner with the best of them regardless. You can kick the tail out nicely with the Stability system off and there's plenty of power to pull her straight again.

• Quick, high 13's with good shifting.
  • Excellent Mid-range power. 3rd through 5th is a shear blast around town.
  • Xenon lights, leather/alcantara seats, 6-Disc Bose Sound w/mp3 ability and aux jack, Auto Wipers, Excellent supportive seats, etc.
  • Handling that makes me not miss my S2000 like I used to
  • Great warranty
  • Decent mpg's. Spirited driving and I'm pulling down 22mpg in the burbs.
  • Cheap insurance and a stealthy car on the roads so no po-po looks when you cruise by.
  • Relatively rare...only 5k per year made
  • Quite honestly the best bang out there outside the new WRX.

Personally, I'd rock one of the 09 Subi's but I would have to have it loaded and the price climbs quickly. Mine was under $24k OTD.

I do like the MS3 as a whole, but there is not a single car in the "hot hatch" category including the WRX, Cobalt SS/TC and the like that I would trade the GTI for............except its bigger brother the R32. You and I both know that the only car to beat the GTI has been the MS3. They are both fantastic cars, but I could not justify switching into such a similar car (FWD turbo hatch). The R32 adds the great 3.2 V6 and AWD to switch things up. They aren't the fastest things on the road, but handle well, sound great and are well appointed. Basically like the S4, but in a smaller hatch body.

I figured I would get bombarded with the EVO and STI. I am not interested in either the Evo 8/9 or the pre 08 STI's.

I am intrigued by the new STI even though it is "not as fast, doesn't handle as well" as the previous style. It is said to be a better road car.

The new Evo also interests me, but not as much.

The CTS-V interests me, but I think I would rather have the V8 S4. (audi guy remember?)

LOL to buying notches and such for a well appointed DD.:bs:

I am also throwing around buying a cheaper car(15k-20k) and getting a project car as well.

I do like the MS3 as a whole, but there is not a single car in the "hot hatch" category including the WRX, Cobalt SS/TC and the like that I would trade the GTI for............except its bigger brother the R32. You and I both know that the only car to beat the GTI has been the MS3. They are both fantastic cars, but I could not justify switching into such a similar car (FWD turbo hatch). The R32 adds the great 3.2 V6 and AWD to switch things up. They aren't the fastest things on the road, but handle well, sound great and are well appointed. Basically like the S4, but in a smaller hatch body.

I may have asked you if you know Jason Zatrock? Jman5000?? He's a good friend with one of the nicest R32's around here. It is a nice ride. Ask him about my MS3 ;) Dig runs are his for sure.

I am intrigued by the new STI even though it is "not as fast, doesn't handle as well" as the previous style. It is said to be a better road car. The new Evo also interests me, but not as much.

I agree....I like the new ones. They've grown on me. However, the new regular WRX is just about as nice and handles nearly as good from what I've read. The newer EVO wasn't for me after driving it. They were pretty pricey too. I did find a few real low mileage ones, but I think they were traded by previous owners who weren't happy with the new one. :p

Porsche 911 (there is a Carrera daily driven in the area by the shop)

Audi A6 2.7T

Volvo S90 Twincharged

BMW M3 (with snow tires/wheels)

Mini Cooper S

No Particular Order

Hell there is so much to choose from that list will change daily, I choose what is on sale at the particular time i am looking for a car. There is my list of "I will never own one of these" but my list of "want" is not make/drivetrain loyal. I will always buy from a private owner though. The 2.3t Mazda's are a ton of fun, I don't know if it is for me, but they are a blast.

I may have asked you if you know Jason Zatrock? Jman5000?? He's a good friend with one of the nicest R32's around here. It is a nice ride. Ask him about my MS3 ;) Dig runs are his for sure.

I do not know Jason. I would be interested to see his car. A chipped GTI will pull a stock R32 from a roll, but like you said, R32 from a dig.

I agree....I like the new ones. They've grown on me. However, the new regular WRX is just about as nice and handles nearly as good from what I've read. The newer EVO wasn't for me after driving it. They were pretty pricey too. I did find a few real low mileage ones, but I think they were traded by previous owners who weren't happy with the new one. :p

Not a fan of the standard WRX, even the new 265hp version.

I might be looking at an SUV also lol.

*cough* Get a cheap 2.0T and add suspension & Stage 3 Turbo kit.

In all likelyhood, I will get an S-line Avant, or a preferably a 2008 non S-line 2.0T 6 speed (all 2008 have S-lin exterior standard) with xenons. I will add suspension and a chip/testpipe/dv/pcv fix at a minimum.

Unless I find a nice B7 S4 in that price range.