Your kids interest in cars.

nurkvinny

My older son is 23 months old. He HAS to watch at least part of Disney Pixar's Cars every day. He spends an hour lining up all of his toy cars. He begs for Matchbox cars to hold during diaper changes.

He points out trucks, tires, cars, engines, "vroom vrooms", etc EVERYwhere we go. We spend an hour after dinner watching on-line racing, mudding, drifting, etc vids (which is my favorite hour of the day).

I think I have created a monster. Did you guys have kids that were this into cars early on? Did it last? What kind of things did you do with your kids once they were old enough to "help" daddy in the garage?

Jordan is going on nine and her life consists of looking forward to tracks days, riding in my car, working on my car, and having anything to do with fast cars. She wants to get into Junior Dragsters really bad, but it's out of the budget right now.

Alex likes cars, but nearly as much as his sister.

To answer part of your questions, she loves helping under the hood, running tools around, and peeling rubber from the rear fenders/wells :)

My daughter loves a "spirited" ride, and has really enjoyed some snow fun. She is deffinetly my biggest fan, but she's pretty girly and I don't see her getting dirty messing with the car.

The best time i had this past summer was taking my wife and daughter for a ride right after the nitrous was installed. My daughter excited with a huge smile laughing at Mommy who was scarred half to death screaming at me to stop. Good times.

My 5 1/2 year old son schooled my wife on FWD, RWD, 4WD vs AWD on the way home from school the other day. Evidently she spun her wheels at a light due to the slick roads and he said she needed an AWD minivan. My wife asked him what he knew about it and I guess he lectured her all the way home :cool:

He also gives me shit if I shift hard yet not smooth and cause even the slightest bob of his head. :o

My son loves just about anything car/motor/race related, especially helping out in the garage. We bought him a 50cc go-cart back in August for his 5th birthday and we just picked up a KTM 50 for him. He is really wanting to get into some type of racing, we have been considering quarter midgets but not sure we have the time or funds to commit to it.

It all started with him at about the age of 2-3 with monster trucks and has just went out of control from there. He started out in Power Wheels but got bored with them quickly.

My daughter is only 13 months but I remember when i was a kid. I loved cars Semi trucks mostly. I could pick out different makes by the headlights and stack orientation' date='I guess that could explain my love for diesel trucks.[/quote']

Thats how I was...We used to sit on the street to see who could name off the most cars by the headlights.

My son loves just about anything car/motor/race related, especially helping out in the garage. We bought him a 50cc go-cart back in August for his 5th birthday and we just picked up a KTM 50 for him. He is really wanting to get into some type of racing, we have been considering quarter midgets but not sure we have the time or funds to commit to it.

It all started with him at about the age of 2-3 with monster trucks and has just went out of control from there. He started out in Power Wheels but got bored with them quickly.

Do you plan on adopting any 28 yr olds ?

My older son is 23 months old. He HAS to watch at least part of Disney Pixar's Cars every day. He spends an hour lining up all of his toy cars. He begs for Matchbox cars to hold during diaper changes.

He points out trucks, tires, cars, engines, "vroom vrooms", etc EVERYwhere we go. We spend an hour after dinner watching on-line racing, mudding, drifting, etc vids (which is my favorite hour of the day).

I think I have created a monster. Did you guys have kids that were this into cars early on? Did it last? What kind of things did you do with your kids once they were old enough to "help" daddy in the garage?

No kids here, but that's exactly how I was. I would spend up to 4 hours lining up my Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. Well I wouldn't spend so much time lining them up, but once I got them lined up just how I wanted, I would spend HOURS just sitting there on the floor looking at them. Also I would go to my grandparents house right on route 3 in Centerburg on the main strip and watch cars go by all day long. Man those were the days.

if your children are supposed to be karma getting you back for wha tyou did to your parents i am fucked.....

i didnt really get into cars until i was like 13... but before that i was obsessed with motox.. which i was blessed with being able to do at an early age and until some injuries made me stop... then cars got into the picture...

Guest Removed

my 5 year old, is this way. oddly enough..he will not go to bed with out some sort of tool in his hand.(that's when he was 1-3) :D

my 9 year old come's out in the garage and take's all the wrench's. and only wants to play car type videos games with dad.(twisted metal is my shit).

just when they get older make sure not to push them to hard.

One of my friend's sons first word was turbo. We were having problems getting a bolt started while installing a front mount on his car so we made the midget do it. He might have been two at the time. :lol:

When he first started talking you could pick him up and point to stuff under the hood of the GN and he would tell you what it was.

One of my friend's sons first word was turbo. We were having problems getting a bolt started while installing a front mount on his car so we made the midget do it. He might have been two at the time. :lol:

When he first started talking you could pick him up and point to stuff under the hood of the GN and he would tell you what it was.

^^^^ That's some Jeff Foxworthy material right there :D

My daughter is 23 months almost, plays with matchbox and Hot wheels, makes car sounds running around the house. She fights with her cousin over certain ones when they are together. I take them to empty parking lots and do some donuts and they scream for me to do more. My daughter says WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE around bends in the road when we go on trips.

She gets to fly for the first time in 4 weeks. She has tubes in her ears, so the ear thing should be fine, but I wonder if she will be scared.

Edited by Benjamin

My son has just about every monster truck toy car there is. He also watches "The Car Movie" at least once a day. Whenever I pop the hood on any of our vehicles he is right there asking what everything is. It feels great when you know your son/daughter enjoys something just as much as you do.

No kids here, but that's exactly how I was. I would spend up to 4 hours lining up my Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. Well I wouldn't spend so much time lining them up, but once I got them lined up just how I wanted, I would spend HOURS just sitting there on the floor looking at them. Also I would go to my grandparents house right on route 3 in Centerburg on the main strip and watch cars go by all day long. Man those were the days.

Vince my boys are the same way.

Sounds exactly like my son. He's 22 months and has so many cars it's rediculous. He has Disney Pixar Car's bed sheets, carpetting, just about every shirt, Car's jacket, hat, gloves, shoes, and probably more. He has to have a Hot Wheels when he takes a nap or goes to bed (I only buy the realistic Hot Wheels, like he got a newer EVO the other day). When walking through the parking lot he has to point out every truck and car that we go by (Car, car, truck, car, car car). He makes the vroom sounds and beep beep horn sounds. Watches NASCAR with me like he can't take his eyes off it, same with all the Spike TV weekend shows.

He also loves hockey, football, and golf as well.

Jordan is going on nine and her life consists of looking forward to tracks days, riding in my car, working on my car, and having anything to do with fast cars. She wants to get into Junior Dragsters really bad, but it's out of the budget right now.

Alex likes cars, but nearly as much as his sister.

To answer part of your questions, she loves helping under the hood, running tools around, and peeling rubber from the rear fenders/wells :)

quit spending money on your heap and let your daughter drive a jr dragster.;)