My new piece

Ackbar00

Wanted something cheap and in-expensive to shoot so I got this. Still need to clean it up, but should be a fun. Paid $170 out the door for everything in the pic. Ive seen them for a few bucks cheaper, but, oh well.

Mossin Naget 91/30

http://usera.ImageCave.com/GTTurbo88/Mossberg/Mosin%201.JPG

http://usera.ImageCave.com/GTTurbo88/Mossberg/Mosin%202.JPG

http://usera.ImageCave.com/GTTurbo88/Mossberg/Mosin%203.JPG

i've owned a couple for a few years now and besides cleaning them up, i hadn't even touched them. Until two weeks ago, had a freaking blast! shot ar15, several 12 ga, spg 1911, r700, i would have to say the mosin was the most entertaining. Not super accurate, but a metal butt plate and 7.62x54r kicked like a mule. You'll have fun with this one

Get off my lawn.

http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/gran_torino.jpg

M1 Garand for the win! Anybody who has any appreciation for how much America kicked ass through WW2 and Korea needs to get their ass to CMP and get one or two (or more) and some ammo. While you still can damnit!

Personal weapon of choice for blowing cred05's s4 axle clean in half btw. The mosin would work too.

$170

j&gsales has/had them for $69. Add 440rds at ~$85, add in shipping and you'd be close to what you paid.

but a metal butt plate and 7.62x54r kicked like a mule

91/30's are tame compared to the M44,M39,M91/59's,... those kick, but after you put a few rounds through them you learn how to shoulder it so you don't really feel it.

get their ass to CMP and get one or two (or more) and some ammo

QFT! However, don't expect immediate purchase. I submitted my order at the beggining of March. Called them 2 weeks ago and they hadn't even gotten to opening mail from the begging of March. I still haven't received an order confirmation yet which tells me they still probably haven't gotten to March's mail yet. And the lady on the phone told me they were atleast 120 days out from time of order acceptance to when delivery should be expected.... sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Like I said, I know it was a little more, but hell with it. Still have not even got to fire it yet. I saw those ATi stocks for it and I liked it. Might get one for it this winter or something. A buddy has a M44 and I have fired his a bunch of times, but I have heard the 91/30's dont "kick" as much? Not like that really matters to me :)

Like I said, I know it was a little more, but hell with it. Still have not even got to fire it yet. I saw those ATi stocks for it and I liked it. Might get one for it this winter or something. A buddy has a M44 and I have fired his a bunch of times, but I have heard the 91/30's dont "kick" as much? Not like that really matters to me :)

Do not, do NOT, DO NOT get an aftermarket stock. Trust me, that big heavy stock is your friend. A lighter composite stock will: A) kick the SHIT outta you, because there is less gun mass to absorb the recoil, B) look like shit and get you the same kind of reception from military surplus shooters that putting an APC fake-Supra wing on a Coronet R/T will get you here. That gun has most likely been through at least one World War, possibly both and the Revolution to boot, and to stick some stupid piece of plastic under it would be downright disrespectful.

If you want more info about your particular gun, get good close-up shots of all markings and take them to www.7.62x54r.net. They will probably be able to tell you what factory your gun wa originally manufactured in, where it was refurbished, and possibly tell you whether it was ever captured during combat.