What do you think of this? (pitbull dies)

Twistedrx7

Notes: Guy lost his dog (Pit) and it turns into a bashing of Pits. I thought it was highly uncalled for since the man just lost his dog.

I know we have had a pitbull topic before but just thought i would see what everyone thought of this;

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/608387-r-i-p-jack.html

I think there are very few things in life that would anger me enough to react violently; messing with my family, friends or my AmStaff(or any of my animals, really.) It boggles my mind how ignorant some people are.

nope I just had to beat one to death once that busted through a door to get at me becuase I was walking down the street now everytime I see one of those dogs I see red I like all other dogs and other animals I just hate pit bulls

Yes, this sounds like a complete story.

First, "pit bull" is more-or-less a description of numerous breeds. Second, I see a serious issue in your brain's determination of logic.

and why would I want to make up some shit like that?

unless you've been attacked by one of those dogs your opinion on how I feel about them means dick

Hmm, I see I'm dealing with quite an intellectual here; on the reversal to your statement, your logic seems quite flawed considering you judge millions of different dogs, spanning numerous breeds. This simply based on one dog "chasing" you and somehow lock picking your door or crashing-through superman style and attempting to neutralize you. Based on your logic, I should want to decimate every Scottish Terrier because one bit my leg when I was younger. Yeah, seems logical.

Ive had 2 AKC pittbulls while growing up in california, still to this day I wish I was able to get another. They make great pets.

That's hard to belive as pit bulls aren't recognized as a breed by the AKC. Perhaps by the CKC, but not the AKC.

That's hard to belive as pit bulls aren't recognized as a breed by the AKC. Perhaps by the CKC, but not the AKC.

As I mentioned earlier, the term "Pit Bull" only refers to a group of characteristics that generalizes several breeds of dogs. If you meant that the American Pit Bull Terrier is not recognized by the AKC, then you are correct. However, the AKC recognizes some pit bull/molosser-type breeds such as the Cane Corso, Tosa and Argentine Dogo.

Not that it matters, the AKC basically just recognizes purebred canines. Also, most breeds can acquire recognition, but only after they establish enough purebred births.

i was attacked by a German Shepherd that almost killed me if it had gotten to my neck, i have the scars all over arm to prove it, but I dont hate them for what one dog did. My girlfriend has one and I love it to death, but I am quite timid around ones i dont know from the experience.

Yes they were "koby" breed american terrier. and yes I am for sure it was AKC .This coming wed when I go back to my parents, I still have the papers from 1995 I will get pic's. the koby bloodline go back a very long way.

i would gladly line up every last living pitbull and shoot them all for free

i feel that way about a lot of people on this board...including ignorant comment makers like this...:)

i was attacked by a pit as a kid and i own them now...best dogs ever. "blame the deed not the breed."

and why would I want to make up some shit like that?

unless you've been attacked by one of those dogs your opinion on how I feel about them means dick

Not quite...

A guy in my neighbor hood has a Pit and one morning it got out. My G/F went to let our 4 dogs out in the back yard and didn't realize that his dog had jumped the fence and was in our yard. I was still in bed and heard her scream as his pit started attaching our smallest dog. I love my dogs, and would do almost anything for them. I ran out back not knowing what was going on only to see the dog fight. I had to wrestle this Pit off my little terrier and ended up getting bit pretty bad in the process. Our dogs are very socialized and don’t have problems with other dogs, even in out own yard. Long story short, apart from a few stitches to both me and my dog, I don’t feel that the breed is to blame and don’t hold a grudge against ALL pit bulls.

I ended up talking with the neighbor a few day later only to find out his was a rescue and about a year old. He has since started to take his dog out and socialize him with other dogs and I still see him walk it regularly. He’s even brought him back to apologize to me and show me the progress. I’m not saying I’d let THIS particular dog just run around with my dogs, but how can you blame the entire breed because of 1 dog at 1 point in time?

Guest tbutera2112
Not quite...

A guy in my neighbor hood has a Pit and one morning it got out. My G/F went to let our 4 dogs out in the back yard and didn't realize that his dog had jumped the fence and was in our yard. I was still in bed and heard her scream as his pit started attaching our smallest dog. I love my dogs, and would do almost anything for them. I ran out back not knowing what was going on only to see the dog fight. I had to wrestle this Pit off my little terrier and ended up getting bit pretty bad in the process. Our dogs are very socialized and don’t have problems with other dogs, even in out own yard. Long story short, apart from a few stitches to both me and my dog, I don’t feel that the breed is to blame and don’t hold a grudge against ALL pit bulls.

I ended up talking with the neighbor a few day later only to find out his was a rescue and about a year old. He has since started to take his dog out and socialize him with other dogs and I still see him walk it regularly. He’s even brought him back to apologize to me and show me the progress. I’m not saying I’d let THIS particular dog just run around with my dogs, but how can you blame the entire breed because of 1 dog at 1 point in time?

ignorance