Please Keep Yasmin in your thoughts & Prayers

AudiOn19s

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yasmin was in surgery yesterday from 3:00pm to about 6:30. Woke up around 8:15 last night and is resting and in good spirits this morning. The surgeon's advised that everything went well and as planned. The Sentenal node biopsy was done during her surgery and came back clean so the nodes were spared.

She's in more pain than anticipated today, but coping well and ready to go home to see her doggie and lay in her own bed. She may or may not go home later this evening based on her pain level and ability to hold down a solid meal.

I'll keep you updated as I've got more news to pass along.

Thanks again for all of the support. People reaching out shows what a great community this really is.

Andy

Don't know either of you but in my prayers just the same. My sister-in-law beat breast cancer. She had a breast removed and reconstructed.

My wife is participating in the sister study (http://www.sisterstudy.org/English/index1.htm) now in hopes that they can learn more about the hereditary aspects etc... of breast cancer. She has a family history unfortunately.

Good luck.

good news man. if they put tissue expanders in, they can be pretty painful.

kirk

She had issues with pain yesterday to the point where she had to stay a second night for observation. The thought was that the expanders really wouldn't be much of an issue since that pocket under the muscle was already present so they were placed and filled some which is likely most of the source of her pain. After switching up her medication she woke up this morning and is reporting much better pain levels and we should be going home within a few hours.

It'll be nice to see my own bed and get a few good hours of sleep myself.

Andy

Edited by AudiOn19s

Andy,

Sorry to hear about this, I know we've never met but I'll keep you both in my thoughts. Glad everything went well with the surgery, you both keep your heads up. My mom has had problems (precancerous cells) for both cervical and breast cancer. Stay strong, and her healthy living can only make things easier in the long run.

Andy, I'm glad to hear things went well in surgery. My wife has been through a scare in the recent months as well and still has to go back for a follow-up. It's scary to think that you could lose your spouse at this young of an age. In the last year my wife has lost her grandmother to cancer and her aunt is currently undergoing radiation, so the genetics are not in her favor.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck you 2! Hope everthing goes smoothly. I met her the one time at the shop and she seemed like real cool girl. (Had the race team next door craining the necks too :) )

Also anyone know where they sell the save the tata's mag/sticker thing for your trunk lid never see those for sale. My mom has had cancer 3 times (other places than breast) but never a spot with a suport mag