If you are against cutting Library funding

Hwilli1647545487

I agree ten fold with Tim here, regardless on if I go to the library or not, my girlfriend goes there at least 2-3 times a week and will read at least two books a week. All in all I give support to the library because they need to be up for the education system.

This is why our country is full of idiots. For the record I do not want kids. I am even fixed I did it before I got married. I am totally against spending less on education. It doesn't matter if you have kids or not either way some of these kids will be taking care of our town city government when you retire. If you feel that reducing educational funding is correct because "you don't use the services" then you are one of these idiots. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Taxes are required in our country or shit will not happen. You guys need to go to another country where teachers are given more respect and paid more. Take Japan for instance. A teacher and a doctor are considered the same if looking at it from "socially accepted career". Teachers are also paid a lot more in Japan then here. Now thinking in that frame of mind you can see why Japanese children excel over our kids in schooling.

Here is a link for you. In mathematical literacy statistics by countries Japan is number one and USA is 18. This is unreal. In case you didn't learn anything in school math is used in anything in the real world.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_mat_lit-education-mathematical-literacy

Funding for education comes from the wrong source, period. Parents should be funding their children's education, not me. They chose to have the kid, they need to be responsible to pay for their education.

We should also cut funding where it isn't needed - a million dollar sports facility for a high school should not come from public funding.

No shit we need education. But the funding source is all wrong. But that's just one part of the major tax problems in this country.

Funding for education comes from the wrong source, period. Parents should be funding their children's education, not me. They chose to have the kid, they need to be responsible to pay for their education.

We should also cut funding where it isn't needed - a million dollar sports facility for a high school should not come from public funding.

No shit we need education. But the funding source is all wrong. But that's just one part of the major tax problems in this country.

I agree with the above statements. In fact, I'll take it a step further.

Anytime the services of any government agent is needed, the person using that service will pay for it. If you need a teacher, you pay your portion of that teachers' salary. If you need a police officer, you pay them first, then they can help you. I can't remember the last time I needed the help of a police officer, why should I pay their salaries? They don't do anything for me. Same with the fire department, when someones house burns own, that person is the one who requires the help of the fire department. Let them pay for it with the burned out remains of their worldly possessions. I could go on like this all day.

Having a standard set for our education is a good thing. Also, if it helps, look at it as if you are paying for your OWN education. You went to school, now you pay taxes. The taxes you pay are for the education you received. Take a look at the education you received in your public school and ask yourself if we are putting ENOUGH money into the system.

Enough thread derailing, let's get back on track. :)

It is true the money is not always spent the right way or on the right things not arguing that fact. Funding maybe coming from the wrong sources but that is better then no money coming in.

Do you really want your taxes not to go to police because you don't use their services? Fine we can do that if you agree to volunteer as a law enforcement officer for a set period of time. That will go over like a fart in church if we enforced it.

Just because you never needed police in your life time doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Same thing for the fire department.

Hell we might as well do it for everything we take for granted. You must work at the following city departments for free at least a few times a month, police, fire, water and waste treatment plants, public schools, utility companies etc. I could go on and on...

It is true the money is not always spent the right way or on the right things not arguing that fact. Funding maybe coming from the wrong sources but that is better then no money coming in.

Do you really want your taxes not to go to police because you don't use their services? Fine we can do that if you agree to volunteer as a law enforcement officer for a set period of time. That will go over like a fart in church if we enforced it.

Just because you never needed police in your life time doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Same thing for the fire department.

Hell we might as well do it for everything we take for granted. You must work at the following city departments for free at least a few times a month, police, fire, water and waste treatment plants, public schools, utility companies etc. I could go on and on...

The ratio of people to cake is too big. I could set the building on fire.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bang+it+up.png

The ratio of people to cake is too big. I could set the building on fire.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bang+it+up.png

quoted for posterity

Fuck the schools! Fuck this learnin stuff!

I mean really are you serious? There are other places that cuts can be made than education and the Library system.

Goverment would be better off it were run by people who know more about business and less about politics.