What the FUCK Pennslyvania?

Buck531

So I'm here in a hotel room with my family. Down the hall are my parents. and on the 2nd floor is my brother and his family. We're here for a graduation party (I haven't been back here since I was 15 or so.

After today's party of drinking several beers, I wanted more. You can't just go drive to the gas station to buy beer. You have to go to what they call a "beer distributor". WTF Is that?

So my brother and I go down the street to get some beer and shit to chill at the hotel. Find the place. They ONLY sell shit in cases and kegs. I wanted Mich light. nope. 30 pack of cans. ugh. Don't need that much.

I wantd to get my wife some Mikes Lemonade to sip on a little. NOPE. They don't even have that. No one in town even sells that. They told me I had to go to a fucking BAR to get a 6 pack and pay like $3-4 bucks a BOTTLE to get it. What kind of shit is that?

So anyways, if anyone wants a case of Yueling (sp.. I know people on here like it), they have it for a case for $17 down the street (cans I belive). PM me on here and I'll try to get you some if I check my laptop in the morning.

I'm glad I moved away from here when I was 5 cause when I turned 21 I'd have to be buying cases of beer (which isn't a bad thing, but damn, I don't need 24 or even 30).

Oh yeah. So now I'm stuck here in a Holiday Inn in Pittsburgh with 30 (minus 8 or so) Miller Lite (ugh) beers chatting with you fucks while my family is sleeping. :)

I went to college an hour north of Pitt, and you quickly get used to drinking a LOT of beer. FWIW, the dudes at the beer distributors never carded, so PA people tend to get used to a brew at an early age.

Try to buy some alcohol today (Sunday)...you'll learn about the fun "Blue Laws" as well. They've eased up a bit since I graduated in 2000 (you can get a drink at a bar/restaurant on Sunday, but not buy alcohol in a store). It's also illegal to hunt and car dealerships have to be closed on Sundays as well.

yep. this is what i found out when i go to visit my buddy in pittsburgh. luckily though, there is a beer store 1/4 mile from where he used to live, and a liquor store up the street about 2 miles. the beer store was actually probably the closest store to his house, aside from the autozone that was next door to it.

From what I was always told out there. They not only scanned ur license but they scanned the alcohal too so if the cops broke up a party with minors they could trace the drinks back to the person that bought them for u. So we always ripped the barcodes off.

Don't know if there's any truth in this though.

last time i was in pennslyvania for a family wedding the only thing i remember my cousin doing was stopping the car, walking into a bar, and walking out with 2 six packs of bud light. it made no sense then, and until this thread i forgot all about that night.

thanks cr for helping drunks like me get their memories back.

tom