Neighbor issue, what would you do?

This will be interesting, i already know how i plan on handling this, however i wanted to see what everyone else would do.

First off, i live in a neighborhood that is connected to two other neighborhoods. I live on a corner lot with the side of my house facing a road that connects my neighborhood to a older neighborhood. Two weeks ago a huge 35 foot box truck showed up next to my house everyday at 4pm. Now, it is legally parked on the street, however all i see from my yard, and my back door is this huge truck. It blocks my entire view from my back door, and my whole yard. It is gone from 8a-4p, and all day saturday/sunday. It is summer, i want to sit on my deck, stare at the trees, drink a beer, and make sure the neighborhood kids are safe. I have spent the past two weeks staring a a truck, and i am cranky about it. My neighbor on the other side of the street came over today, and told me to move my truck, he was tired of looking at it. Once he figured out it wasnt mine we went out and looked at it together, there is a note on the window that says where the driver lives. it is the next neighborhood over. my neighbor doesnt want to confront the driver, i am guessing because he doesnt know who he is. i was telling a guy at work the story today, and he couldnt believe i was going to go to this guys house and ask him nicely to move the truck. he said, "now days, people kill people for less. he will also know who you are and where you live." so what would you do?

A) flaten all the truck tires.

B) park your personal cars on the side of the house.

C) park your personal cars in front of his house, and ring his door bell at 3am.

D) shoot out truck windows, and spray paint "park somewhere else" on the side.

E) go talk to the owner, and ask him to move the truck, if he says "fuck off" do A-D

cliff notes...

guy parks his huge ass work truck next to my house, it sucks, want to get him to move it, not sure the best way to handle it. fml

tom

ide just put a note in his mail box stating that there have been multiple complaints buy many people in OUR neighborhood that YOUR truck is over here an noe near you. it is a nuisance(sp?) an politely ask him to move his truck. if not... call the cops an say its been here for days an hasent moved.... an a cop will come by an put a warning ticket on it saying he has to move it with in 24 hours or itll be towed...

This neighborhood in columbus? Commercial vehicle? It cannot be legally parked in a neighborhood.

Why is the dbag parking there if he lives in another neighborhood?

Leave him a note to call you.

This neighborhood in columbus? Commercial vehicle? It cannot be legally parked in a neighborhood.

Why is the dbag parking there if he lives in another neighborhood?

Leave him a note to call you.

it is in columbus. i am guessing he parks there because there is room to fit the truck. looking at the way his house is set up, he wouldnt have room to keep it there. so i am guessing he parks it, walks home everyday.

tom

it is in columbus. i am guessing he parks there because there is room to fit the truck. looking at the way his house is set up, he wouldnt have room to keep it there. so i am guessing he parks it, walks home everyday.

tom

which sucks for him causee he doesnt have the driveway for it. but at the same time its not his area to park at an its disturbing other people, an he shoudl be considerate enough to move it if someone complains.

which sucks for him causee he doesnt have the driveway for it. but at the same time its not his area to park at an its disturbing other people, an he shoudl be considerate enough to move it if someone complains.

IIRC you are not allowed to park /keep commercial vehicles in residential area in Columbus per city code.

Holy crap man...just ask him not to park it there. What has happened that we cannot just talk to anyone anymore? I got it...leave him a note to join CR and then we can PM him...

lol he wont get outta the oven with a box truck as his "ride" haha

if i call the police first he would know i did it, and might be pissed i just didnt ask him to move it. i go to his door step the worse thing that happens is, he smashes my face in, and i cry. i'm going to go talk to him, wish me luck, if i dont post back in 10 minutes, call the police because, I got hurt.

tom

*tucks Glock in waist band*

non-confrontational----leave a note on the truck stating that multiple neighbors have a problem with the truck being parked there, could he please not park it there.

confrontational---go to his house and ask him not to park it there

passive aggressive (more aggressive)--let the air out of all the tires

is this guy big or something??? i can understand not wanting retaliation, but come on---even a fucking tard can realize parking a big ass truck right in front of someone's house is a nuissance.

wow. sorry it took so long. i'm safe. i went and talked to him, he was super nice about it. while i was there talking to him, his girl pulled up, we went to school together, and kinda knew each other. he is going to move it, problem solved, i hope.

tom

I think the interwebs has bred social retards...lol

how many neighbor disputes do you hear about that end bad, that start over something stupid. i knew i was going to go talk to him, i just wanted to see what everyone else would do. it is different times, and people are different. being "socially retarded" would of been me hiding in my basement, hugging myself, hoping the truck fairy would come, or that the fucking truck would move itself.

tom

how many neighbor disputes do you hear about that end bad, that start over something stupid. i knew i was going to go talk to him, i just wanted to see what everyone else would do. it is different times, and people are different. being "socially retarded" would of been me hiding in my basement, hugging myself, hoping the truck fairy would come, or that the fucking truck would move itself.

tom

LOL

There are just so many threads I read where a simple conversation would fix everything! Hopefully it goes well. There is always the possibility it won't - in that case get the Popo involved. Good luck.