time for a new job

AJ

my current employer has decided that there time is worth more than mine and thinks its a good idea that we should work untill 7 on monday nights and also work saturdays. i understand that we all have to do things we don't want to do sometimes but my time is important and this kills alot of the little time i do have.

so i'm looking for a job doing something other than turning wrenches as i am burnt out of working on other people cars and know that while i'm still young enough to get out i need to since i can't do this for the rest of my life.

i'm open to most things but i do still have a certin limit on how low of pay i can take. let me know what you have or know of. i also have been looking on monster.com and the like. thanks in advance.

Guest Removed
already talked to them. its not enough money.

not everything out there pays like turning wrench's my man. not many job out there period paying over 40k a year, without having some degree and a stacked resume. but i wish you luck in your travels.

oh and fuck your time.:p

dont drive a vette and youll have all the money you would need :)

his dumb ass traded his custom ls1 60's camaro(67 68 or 69 hell i dont remember) for that lame vette of his

lol thats pretty much what they told me.

vettes paid for:)[/QUOTE]

this

well do you have any other qualifications besides a car mechanic, an a douche canoe? take any other college courses?

lol but it doesnt cost a load to fix.....usually ha!

lol the vette doesn't need fixed since they just won't brake no matter how hard i beat on it.

paul, i can do just about everything pretty well. come look at the new house and i can show you lol. other than that no college.

Guest Removed

vettes paid for:)

yeah but think at it like this..the more stuff your selling, the more you make. and with the money you can make on the clear coat packs, you could make some good money.

his dumb ass traded his custom ls1 60's camaro(67 68 or 69 hell i dont remember) for that lame vette of his

You mean this work of art? God I love that car! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150353979430&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

You mean this work of art? God I love that car! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150353979430&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

what are the chances of you being right?

http://www.csx.com

Search "freight conductor"

They're going to be hiring like fucking mad soon. A lot of people they laid off aren't coming back, 10 hour days instead of 12 starting this month means a lot of trains are going to be dying on the road (crews running out of time, can't work one minute past max hrs - FRA/gov't law), and you'll make at least $50k your first year. They're already calling people back and I'm expecting to get that call within a month.. looking to rake in at least 60k a year with one year under my belt.

Oh, and about the time-off thing. Yeah I'll be away from home a couple days at a time, but then I'll be home 1-2 days at a time after each trip. If I get on a pool that turns quick and work 6 days straight, I get three days off. Health insurance, retirement, etc benefits are better than the military (my dad paid zero dollars for a $20,000 knee replacement)

Just an option.

I figured they'd be back up and hiring like crazy. Them and Schneider trucking were trying to get every G.I Joe under the sun.

http://www.csx.com

They're going to be hiring like fucking mad soon. A lot of people they laid off aren't coming back, 10 hour days instead of 12 starting this month means a lot of trains are going to be dying on the road (crews running out of time, can't work one minute past max hrs - FRA/gov't law), and you'll make at least $50k your first year. They're already calling people back and I'm expecting to get that call within a month.. looking to rake in at least 60k a year with one year under my belt.

Oh, and about the time-off thing. Yeah I'll be away from home a couple days at a time, but then I'll be home 1-2 days at a time after each trip. If I get on a pool that turns quick and work 6 days straight, I get three days off. Health insurance, retirement, etc benefits are better than the military (my dad paid zero dollars for a $20,000 knee replacement)

Just an option.

I actually thought about this but I would be a bit weary of signing on with a company just to get laid off a few short months later. I wouldnt even mind being away from home or traveling for a few days at a time. What is the pay structure like, exempt/non-exempt? max hours is 40/50 hours plus ot?

• 3 weeks later...
www.csx.com

Just an option.

Hmm I havent heard back from them since the guys that interviewed me called and apologized for the inconvenience of the hiring freeze and asked me out to lunch. I wonder if they were blowing smoke about how impressed they were with my resume.