If you had to v6 now v8 later

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swapped my old 4th gen firebird to a v8 buying it piece at a time and let me tell you, after it was all done I really wish I would have just bought a totaled v8 car and done it like that. Would have been a hell of a lot faster and cheaper. Obviously I like the S10 idea too.

3800 Series II v-6 engine with a 5 speed.

The Good:

127,xxx miles

30th Anniversary car

Pacesetter Headers

Flowmaster 80 Series

K&N Intake

Aluminum Driveshaft

UMI Lower Control Arms

Factory Cd Player

Salad Shooter Rims

The Bad:

It does need an alignment.

No cat, straight pipe (Causes occasional check engine light, had it checked out multiple times, and that's all it's ever been)

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4605/img0665tx6.th.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9573/img0666vk3.th.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5836/img0668qv9.th.jpg

Again, $2,600 obo

I see 32v Mustang cobra's for under 7K all day long. Or a GT of 5k + $2k for a used blower setup.

whole premise is how cheap you can build a v-6 car? you ignore how much it will cost to upgrade the fuel, and ignition system, somone did mention rearend, THen add all the hidden cost, if you are going through all the trouble to keep the new motor fuel injected, or just carb it, both routes still cost more. With the buyers market there is right now for 10 year old v-8 cars why waste the time on swapping when you could be driving, add all the cost of pain in the ass garage time instead of driving your car around.

even with a donor car you will still have odds and ends that nickle and dime you out of pocket.

I see 32v Mustang cobra's for under 7K all day long. Or a GT of 5k + $2k for a used blower setup.

whole premise is how cheap you can build a v-6 car? you ignore how much it will cost to upgrade the fuel, and ignition system, somone did mention rearend, THen add all the hidden cost, if you are going through all the trouble to keep the new motor fuel injected, or just carb it, both routes still cost more. With the buyers market there is right now for 10 year old v-8 cars why waste the time on swapping when you could be driving, add all the cost of pain in the ass garage time instead of driving your car around.

even with a donor car you will still have odds and ends that nickle and dime you out of pocket.

This man makes an excellent point..