How anal are you??

Putty

First, let me say I am super anal about my things being clean. I spray my mower after I mow. My car, bikes, house are always clean. That said, last year I bought a nice 2700psi powerwasher. Doesn't even look like it's been used, I clean it after I use it. Hardly ever use the damn thing. My neighbor asks me last week to borrow it. I changed the subject quick cause I hate really letting people borrow shit cause people tend not to take care of my things like I do. They asked again and began texting me about it so now I'm like fuck I have to let em borrow it. The purpose of the loan was to powerwash their fence. They have had it since wednesday. At first I noticed at night they would take it a part and put in their garage. After a couple days it began to stay in the yard all night with a gray tarp over it. Today I needed to use it. I call and say I need to come get it. I get in their yard to disconnect it and it's muddy as fuck. To top that, they started to stain the parts of the fence that was washed and my powerwasher is covered in brown stain. I am pissed beyond belief. It looked 10 years old. Looked brand new....ya brand new when I took it over.

Do I snap and blow a gasket when I see them? Am I overreacting? Tell me how to deal with this. Mind you these are the same people that asked me to stop my dog from pissing on their fence cause it could ruin it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone. If someone wants to borrow something of mine. They had better return it in the exact same condition as when they picked it up. It is common courtesy.

I will not let a CD or DVD leave my sight for any reason, due to people carelessly scratching them.

Let it go. In all fairness they may have cleaned it up once they were done and ready to return it. Now if they returned it that way I would give them shit about it (half joking, half serious) but would not let them borrow anything again.

Let it go. In all fairness they may have cleaned it up once they were done and ready to return it. Now if they returned it that way I would give them shit about it (half joking, half serious) but would not let them borrow anything again.

Can I borrow your Jeep and Playground?

:D

KillJoy

thats a sucky suitation as there your neighbors. i would say jsut chalk it up as a loss only is after you clean it that stain from the fence comes off. if it doesnt come off they i would politely ask for reinbursement.

on that note can i borrow that zx10 of yours.... ill bring it back shinny clean with a full tank of gas :lol:

Powerwash their stain off the fence.............

That sucks, however its partially your fault. I would have told them to return it in the same condition and make sure they understood that.

sucks man

How is that partially his fault? It is implied that when you BORROW something you return it in the condition you got it. You must be like his neighbors.

How is that partially his fault? It is implied that when you BORROW something you return it in the condition you got it. You must be like his neighbors.

Right........

First of all, if the neighbors were like you, me and the OP, then there wouldn't have been a thread in the first place because they would not have treated the washer that way.

But since you can NOT assume that people value things the same as enthusiasts or anal people. Because of this, a statement about how his property should be cared for is in order.

How am I like the neighbors? Because I think too little of people to expect them to respect other peoples property?

Id paint there fence a god damn different color when they went to sleep, FUCK that. When you lend someone something it should come back in the exact same condition you lent it to them in, if not they're held responsible for the item. It was in THEIR possession. Fuck that id be pissed.

When they leave for work, "squirt" them with the powerwasher.

Or if it's ruined, give it to me. :grin2:

A squirt from 2700 psi is no joke, i hit myself in the foot once with a 3200 psi one when i was powerwashing apartment buildings and through my boot it still hurt like a bitch. Also if i got within like a 5-6 foot range of the siding it would just rip it apart... I was also using the 90degree fan spray, not the 5 or 45 degree jets.

I would be just as pissed as you. I also expect borrowed shit to come back at least as nice as it left my place. That's why I rarely loan anything to anyone anymore.

I would talk to the neighbor and ask them to spend some time with paint thinner, mineral spirits, or whatever it takes to fix it back up. It is important, because if you needed to come up with some quick cash and sell the washer, it was just devalued by your thoughtless neighbor.

I would definately 100% say something to them. It is your property and was more than generous in your allowing them to use it. But I would have warned them prior and said something the second I saw anything I didnt like with my stuff. That is just wrong.

I am not anal.

Edited by wnaplay

I would definately 100% say something to them. It is your property and was more than generous in your allowing them to use it. But I would have warned them prior and said something the second I saw anything I didnt like with my stuff. That is just wrong.

x2