Anyone do any Raod Biking?

Sparky

i picked up a jamis ventura earlier this summer, but i havent been on it in a couple months. working overtime at work and i dont feel like riding a trail ~5 miles at night. i need to get a light for it.

i dont know if i have pics, but it doesnt look as sweet as that.

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROAD!!!!!!! they have a bike lane or sidewalk for a reason.

Bike lane is on the road.

Sidewalk is for peds. Know how many times I've almost taken out stupid people cause they can't walk on the fuckin sidewalk?

Honestly. Its not that hard to drive around a biker. They're usually easy to spot. They're all the way to the right and on a fuckin bicycle.

I'm picking up a Schwinn Voyageur SP from the mid 1980's pretty soon, looks something like this but from a different year:

http://i.pbase.com/o6/83/635583/1/73984459.u99u70ex.SchwinnVoyageur_11.8.jpg

Biking is the one form of exercise that I actually have fun doing, so I'm going to try and start riding the Olentangy trail near campus as much as possible.

Guest tbutera2112
i hate people who ride bikes on main roads....riding around a neighborhood is one thing, but riding in the middle of the lane on a 50mph road pisses me off

I'm picking up a Schwinn Voyageur SP from the mid 1980's pretty soon, looks something like this but from a different year:

http://i.pbase.com/o6/83/635583/1/73984459.u99u70ex.SchwinnVoyageur_11.8.jpg

Biking is the one form of exercise that I actually have fun doing, so I'm going to try and start riding the Olentangy trail near campus as much as possible.

Totally agree, much more laid back than other exercise.

I think Im heading out in a bit to go around Hoover.

i hate people who ride bikes on main roads....riding around a neighborhood is one thing, but riding in the middle of the lane on a 50mph road pisses me off

Well though it pisses you off we have just as much right to that lane of the road as you do.

Anyways here is my Klein Quantom Race. Soon to be equipped with Sram Rival shifting.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa72/mckinney16/Biking/klien.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
Well though it pisses you off we have just as much right to that lane of the road as you do.

Anyways here is my Klein Quantom Race. Soon to be equipped with Sram Rival shifting.

you have the right to go 10mph in a 50mph zone? pretty sure there is minimum speed limits

you have the right to go 10mph in a 50mph zone? pretty sure there is minimum speed limits

Yes I do. The only place that we cannot ride is on major highways like 71.

(B) Except as provided in division (D) of this section, a bicycle operator who violates any section of the Revised Code described in division (A) of this section that is applicable to bicycles may be issued a ticket, citation, or summons by a law enforcement officer for the violation in the same manner as the operator of a motor vehicle would be cited for the same violation. A person who commits any such violation while operating a bicycle shall not have any points assessed against the person's driver's license, commercial driver's license, temporary instruction permit, or probationary license under section 4510.036 of the Revised Code.

§ 4511.55. Riding bicycles; motorcycles abreast.

(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

Nice bike, but it's weird to see one of those in a single 'normal' color. I'm used to seeing the old ones with crazy paint jobs on them. :D

It is actually a 2 tone but the pic doesnt show it.

This isnt mine but you can see the color better

Edited by 3.1cutlass
pic too big

I guess this is the only picture I have of my bike, and its with me in it when I had my head shaved a couple of weeks back!

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs123.snc1/5292_904800270965_12412145_50254928_8020398_n.jpg