Anyone with a quad want to go riding this week?

Nitrousbird

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How late will you guys be out? I have physical therapy in the morning first thing and then I need to make a pit stop at a store in gahanna which is a few minutes away. I could be back here about the time you pick him up and depending on where he lives, I live right across from Alex which you probably know where Joe. So in theory I will be ready by 9:30 at the house. The only downside is I have a bigass cake to make for friday which is going to take me hours. Sorry I am thinking and writing. So how late do you guys stay out? Oh and what kind of gear is good to ride in out there? Jeans and regular boots? Could I wear my motorcycle helmet since I have all my shit in tennessee or will that make me look even more retarded?

How late will you guys be out? I have physical therapy in the morning first thing and then I need to make a pit stop at a store in gahanna which is a few minutes away. I could be back here about the time you pick him up and depending on where he lives, I live right across from Alex which you probably know where Joe. So in theory I will be ready by 9:30 at the house. The only downside is I have a bigass cake to make for friday which is going to take me hours. Sorry I am thinking and writing. So how late do you guys stay out? Oh and what kind of gear is good to ride in out there? Jeans and regular boots? Could I wear my motorcycle helmet since I have all my shit in tennessee or will that make me look even more retarded?

I am picking Jaron up in Pickerington. I know where you live (would need the exact address, haven't been to Alex's place in a couple of years).

Will probably stay out for several hours. Jeans, regular boots, and a motorcycle helmet are fine (that's what I wear). A full suit, jacket, and tie is best (I prefer a tux), but I won't be wearing formal wear for this trip.

I'll PM you my phone number; we can pick you and your quad up if ya want to go. My guess is we would leave there 4-ish to come back home.

my dad and i are going up to the silver lake sand dunes sat morning for a weekend run. Its a blast

nice i keep hearing about this place. is it a decent size place?

that gay....

no winter riding...

yeah gay

yea trust me on thsoe trails you dont want to go with snow...if you miss a turn your gonna go 100+feet down a hill you wont be able to get back up ha

Guys...I got fucked on the way home

270 by Westerville Rd, the back left tire on my trailer blew. Shredded the whole freaking thing. Being 7:45PM, no where to nurse it to. Luckily, my work is near there, so I towed it over there, and parked the trailer. Put the Raptor on my Avalanche, took it back home. Unloaded, brought a jack/jack stand, went back, grabbed the Polaris and pulled the blown tire, and just got home a few minutes ago. :(

Looks like I will be getting a new tire tomorrow morning, and a spare tire very soon! Today turned out to be way more expensive than I anticipated (since the damn Raptor needed a new battery).

But it was a great ride Jaron and Jason. Was a blast hanging out with both of you!

WOW Jason was just talking about a Spare tire for the trailer before we left . You should have called I would have helped you fix it. let me know when you want to go back out it was a lot of fun getting lost . hahhahahaha

Well, there was nothing I could really do to fix it last night. All the tire places were closed. Luckily I was by work; I got it all fixed and parked back at home this morning, so it's all good now.

What I really need to do it get 3 more tires for it, and take the best of the existing old ones and use it as a spare. Not having a spare screwed me last year on the boat, so it's come the time I need to just get around to doing it!

I'll see what I am doing 3 weeks from this Monday (which will be my next Monday off), and perhaps we can go quading again!

I cleaned the quad today and checked my Trailtech with my GPS to see if the speedo was calibrated correctly. It is right on the money; it is dead on until about 30 MPH, at around 40 MPH it reads 39. That means we were hauling some ass on those trails. It references the front tire speed, so spinning doesn't impact it.

I will have to set the trip odometer next time to see how far we really rode.

Seemed like we were definately kicking ass at times. Next time I would be cool with getting there early, maybe bringing a small grill or something and cooking lunch there or running someplace for a bite. If its easier, I can get my dads little trailer and just meet you guys there.

I took two weeks off, last week was Mexico, and this week I have nothing planned other than work around the house (plenty of that), or start working on the Formula. The wife is working, so I figure if anyone was interested, maybe go riding Wed, Thurs, or Friday. Could do next Monday too, since I have that day off.

If interested, post in here or PM me. I have a trailer if we need to hold multiple quads; I can fit 4 on it pretty easily, and could probably cram 5 + one in the bed of my Avalanche if needed.

Ill go next weekin with ya ill grab my cousions ltz400. pm me with details!