Who all here has AAA

armin922

My whole family has it. I've only had to use it maybe 4 times since I was 16 but it's still worth having IMO since tow bills can be so expensive. You figure a simple 20 mile tow could cost you as much as you may pay for a years subscription and with the AAA plus account you get like 4 free tows up to 100 miles each time or something like that.

My whole family has it. I've only had to use it maybe 4 times since I was 16 but it's still worth having IMO since tow bills can be so expensive. You figure a simple 20 mile tow could cost you as much as you may pay for a years subscription and with the AAA plus account you get like 4 free tows up to 100 miles each time or something like that.

+1, I've had it for 6 going on 7 years, and I've definitely gotten my money out of it. I've probably had a car towed a dozen times, and used their lockout service a couple times as well as the change a flat once.

For a family of four, the gold plus membership we pay like $240/year. Well worth it IMO.

Have it. Love it. Has saved my ass quite a few times. They have unlocked my keys from my car, towed it a couple times. THe best one was towing my g/f's car from pittsburgh to akron for $10 because they cover 100 miles and it was 103 miles. Totally worth it IMO.

Easily the best membership I buy. As folks have already said, towing, jump starts, roadside assistance, vacation planning, whatever, it's well worth it, especially if you spend a lot of time on the road and can take advantage of their hotel and restaurant discounts.

Parents bought it for me due to the fact my car could break down at any time.

I want to boycott them because they wouldn't bring me a gallon of gas when I ran out because I didn't have cash on me. However, they would tow me a mile to the gas station a half mile away and could get there in an hour -- as I sit on the corner in the middle of the ghetto in downtown Columbus. Thanks AAA! Fuckers.

When my mom's car broke down last month in IL (there's a thread about it), she called AAA and within an hour, they had her car towed to a local shop where Hertz was waiting for her with a rental. AND they saved her something like $25-30/day on her rental.

worth every penny. I have the premier package which includes 4 tows upto 100 miles and one tow upto 200 miles. all for like 129.00

I make it a point to use all 5 tows. hell for one hook up of 65 plus mileage depending where you are going it almost pays for it self on the first tow and it is quick service (at most I have waited is about 40 minutes for truck to arrive)

A brief synopsis of a few AAA calls:

- Racing at Norwalk. VRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM*snap*

Oh shit broke sprag in transaxle. Trailer? Dn'have truck and trailer yet! :(

Step 1: Call AAA "Hi oh shit broke car at race track." :o

AAA: "Sir comes get you."

Step 2: Drink beer. :cool:

Step 3: 35 min later flatbed. Little beep beep, little tow hook, car on way home. Share beer with truck driver. Plops car in garage without touching, I'm drunk go to bed. :D

- 3AM. I-70 in BFE between Dayton and Columbus. Towing a car on a flatbed with an F250.

Oh shit out of gas. :(

Step 1: Call AAA "Hi oh shit out of gas help plzkthkx?" :o

AAA: "Sir gas comes wait4u."

Step 2: Nap now k. :cool:

Step 3: 25 min later gas comes, truck vroom. Kthkxbye to sleepy rescue truck driver. :D

- 1PM. Dad calls from work.

Oh shit starter broke. :(

Step 1: Chastise Dad no AAA, stupid Dad.:rolleyes:

Step 2: Call AAA "Hi oh shit starter broke tow4Dad?"

AAA: "Sir bail out Dad ass."

Step 3: 45 min later Dad ass bailed, car towed. :cool:

Step 4: Buy Dad AAA for his birthday. :D

You can clearly see a AAA membership is worth the money. I have a "plus" or gold or whatever.

KTHXBYE!!!

I've had the AAA Plus for years. My mom gets it for me every Christmas, but she said the price has went up recently.

I've maxed out the 4 tows before, and have gotten a lot of use out of it in the past. I've been towed from the track twice with it. :) 75 mile limit.

But lately, I don't know if I need to keep it or not. I only used it once last year, and not at all this year. Probably will still keep it; nice to know I have it.

They WON'T cover trailers though. Blew the tire out on my boat trailer last year, no spare, and nothing they could do for me. :(

Guest tbutera2112

i love my AAA...4 tows per year, if my car doesnt break that often * i usually only use 2 for the mustang * i will tow other peoples shit... towed my gfs car and phils car with my membership...only thing, if you break at the track, dont tell them you were racing...i did this at a track day last year they told me its not covered...so i called chucks towing and had him tow me and he billed AAA under my account number lol...next time ill just push the car out onto whatever road im by, and then ill call AAA

also, one tow per breakdown...so if your car blows up and you have it towed home, you cant have them tow it to a shop the next day.

Without a doubt worth the money.I got a flat on a little used Toyota truck I bought.The spare tire was FROZEN under the truck had it towed to shop and cut off.I was down at Myrtle Beach a few years back and they had a rain storm that flooded some roads I was going to use to get home.Stopped in the store and they printed me a trip ticket with the way around all the closed roads.No I didn't have a Nav unit then and was driving a 98 Sienna.

I've had AAA Plus for ages and my experience mirrors root's but his lolkat rendition brings more funny than I can manage so I'll refer you back to his post. Basically it's worth the peace of mind to know the tow is coming, for free, but yes you may end up in the ghetto waiting. I recommend getting your concealed carry license, as you will usually break down in the ghetto or in banjo country, and the peace of mind from being armed is even better than what AAA Plus offers.

AAA is a great service. The only thing I would add is a story I was told which might change what you buy. A mechanic friend of mine broke down only a few miles from home. He wanted to have the car towed to school so he could work on it there. Basic AAA would not tow that far, and he had to wait with the car for the tow truck. Gold service would tow without him and that far. She let him upgrade from basic to gold over the phone that day. His advice to me was to get AAA regular, then if you need the gold service upgrade then. If you don't end up needing gold level service you saved a few bucks.

I love it, but I can't do the AAA membership bennies justice like Chris did above. :lol:

They still do "Trip Tix" at AAA stores if you don't have GPS. Really reliable maps covering the trip you're taking, with updates on construction areas. I don't use their maps no mo', but they are nice and free.

Oh yeah, the ultimate old school travel accessory, the AAA Triptique! 20 pages of map snippets with big ink stamps that say "const." for the construction sections... I'll be honest, a couple years ago I walked into the same AAA office I went to 15 years ago and had them give me 1 last triptique for a trip. I've cheated the last couple years and used teh interweb, but the triptique is near and dear to my heart, lots of memories... It was a great perk pre-internet.