motorcycle riding test

ghost1647545489

So I went today and took my motorcycle test, I used a 150cc scooter it was very easy on it. But I honestly dont know if I could complete it on a normal size bike, even though I now can go buy any size bike I want to ride with out any restriction.

After watching another scooter guy pass his test, I then watched a novice motorcycle rider attempt this test. During the "S" through the cones he put his feet down 3 times. He was then sent away with no endorsement. I offered to let this person use the scooter to go through his test prior to this, he had no interest in trying it with my scooter. Well just thought it was funny and the scooter always wins!!! hahahahahaha

thats nuts that you can take the test on a scooter lol

im taking mine friday on shawn's busa

You will fail.

I've been thinking of finding something to borrow for my test, which I still need to schedule.

I've heard it's not to bad on the sv650's.

Is it really THAT hard.

Guest tbutera2112
You will fail.

I've been thinking of finding something to borrow for my test, which I still need to schedule.

I've heard it's not to bad on the sv650's.

Is it really THAT hard.

you will fail, son.

Guest tbutera2112
any one who wants to borrow my scooter they are welcome to it

im taking the BRC this weekend... i get to ride a bike owned by them and they teach ya how to ride, then give you a waiver on the actual test...its the easy way out...especially since i already know how to ride lol

Just take the class. I took the BRC2 class. It was a one day class and i've been riding my whole life a learned a bunch. I got a 100% on the final exam and received my endorsement. I think the best bike to do it on would be a dual sport. scooters are hard to make turns on unless your used to putting you feet in front of you. It throws off your balance, untill you get used to it.

650 is not a bad size bike to test on if you are used to big bikes. I learned to ride on a 1000cc Iron Head Harley. I borrowed a 650 for the test (felt like I was riding a moped). 650 is classified as a big bike, so you get to use the big box for the U-turn etc... Hell, I could have done figure 8s in that box with the 650.

im taking the BRC this weekend... i get to ride a bike owned by them and they teach ya how to ride, then give you a waiver on the actual test...its the easy way out...especially since i already know how to ride lol

if your talking about the brc at west broad you dont get waived on the test you still have to complete it on the last day.

yeah, you do the test in the BRC. its easy though. just keep your eyes up. the best piece of advice is look WHERE YOU WANT TO GO not where you are going. during the cone weave, dont look down at the cone you are passing. keep looking ahead to the next cone, or even the one after that.

same with the U turn. turn your head around and look over your shoulder. the bike will go wherever you look.

also, IIRC its like 3 points if you put your foot down on the cone weave, but only 1 point if you run over or miss cones (i think). so its better for you, if you feel like you are going to mess up, to just run over the cone, or just blow past it, rather than putting your foot down.