what to buy

Linc5.0

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey if you wanna post something, ask me first. K? Im not a real big fan of you just spoutin off sayin whatever you want all the time. You feel me homeslice?
I will roundhouse your ass if you talk to me like Im your kid. So fuck you Dale!

Call me when you get one, I will tell you about what its like to have one.

POW!!!!

What the fuck are you even talking about? Call you when I get what? an S6? an Audi?

I have had extensive seat time in a B5 S4 stg 2, a B6 S4 and I owned a B7 A4 Quattro.

They are quality cars, at good prices in the used market. Completely writing off all German cars because of potential repair costs after the car has 100k miles is ridiculous. There is a reason that almost every car at the top of EVERY class is a German car.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Call you when I get what? an S6? an Audi?

I have had extensive seat time in a B5 S4 stg 2, a B6 S4 and I owned a B7 A4 Quattro.

They are quality cars, at good prices in the used market. Completely writing off all German cars because of potential repair costs after the car has 100k miles is ridiculous. There is a reason that almost every car at the top of EVERY class is a German car.

We need to turn your sarcasm detecto meter up.

well seeing as the only one on there you posted you coudl use as a daily an for your buisness i woudl go with the f350

you could use it as a write off for your buisness as your work truck an it doubles as a daily.

yea you could buy a bad ass benz but knowing you youll see it get bored with it an sell it lol

the truck woudl work best for you cause youve got a growing family an a growing buisness. goodluck on your choice man

Maybe I do, but what was sarcastic about his post? It didn't even make sense. Please explain it to me.

They are great, but i have no used for one that has over 70k miles. I just get rid of it and get a new one. I guess what im saying is my family has had alot of Audis over the years, that i drive.

People wouldnt be so scared of a german car over 70k if it wasnt a common occurrence.

They are great, but i have no used for one that has over 70k miles. I just get rid of it and get a new one. I guess what im saying is my family has had alot of Audis over the years, that i drive.

People wouldnt be so scared of a german car over 70k if it wasnt a common occurrence.

I do understand that they have a general stigma, however I can only base my opinion on my families experience with them. We have over 170k miles on 8 Audi's and VW's since 2000.

My point is that with a warranty as good as Audi provides in the certified used segment; an additional 2/50 to the 4/50 btb warranty making it a 6/100k warranty, your argument is pretty weak. Thats all I am saying.

I do understand that they have a general stigma, however I can only base my opinion on my families experience with them. We have over 170k miles on 8 Audi's and VW's since 2000.

My point is that with a warranty as good as Audi provides in the certified used segment; an additional 2/50 to the 4/50 btb warranty making it a 6/100k warranty, your argument is pretty weak. Thats all I am saying.

its weak when most people on this forum agree with me along with hordes of people in this country? I understand what your saying about the warranty being so good, but that doesnt excuse the tainted rep of german car companies no matter how hard you want to argue it.

You've already admitted the Truck makes the most sense.

And you want something you can slam and put big wheels on (thank goodness you have taste).

Sooo...Get a F350, bag it and throw 24's on it.

http://i38.tinypic.com/xd5qvo.jpg

+1 on andy's idea, that truck is badass. I'd rock that anyday

or my dad's got an 09 suburban, i love driving that thing too...

its weak when most people on this forum agree with me along with hordes of people in this country? I understand what your saying about the warranty being so good, but that doesnt excuse the tainted rep of german car companies no matter how hard you want to argue it.

I think some of the fear is the stigma of expensive parts to maintain. Every car over 70K is going to start nickle-and-diming you. Yes, parts for european cars are more expensive but not by a great margin. I think because of the higher parts costs people are less prone to keep up on regular maintance thus causing their own issues along the way. I also think German makers shoot themselves in the foot by suggesting extended oil change intervals in order to minimize costs of covering all maintenance items while the car is under warranty. This leads the average consumer into thinking they can use 15K mile oil change intervals for the life of the car.

My A4 has nearly 180K miles on it now. I can count on one hand the number of times it's cost me more than $100 to fix anything on that car including it's major timing belt maintenance service.

Andy

I think some of the fear is the stigma of expensive parts to maintain. Every car over 70K is going to start nickle-and-diming you. Yes, parts for european cars are more expensive but not by a great margin. I think because of the higher parts costs people are less prone to keep up on regular maintance thus causing their own issues along the way. I also think German makers shoot themselves in the foot by suggesting extended oil change intervals in order to minimize costs of covering all maintenance items while the car is under warranty. This leads the average consumer into thinking they can use 15K mile oil change intervals for the life of the car.

My A4 has nearly 180K miles on it now. I can count on one hand the number of times it's cost me more than $100 to fix anything on that car including it's major timing belt maintenance service.

Andy

Im not arguing with anyone here, i agree with you, but in my case i like to see new cars and not have the potential to have to deal with problem regardless of the warranty or not. I love the audis and BMWs i have had, but generally need a new one after 2 years or so.